28. Mär 2024, 23:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Axe of Doriath  (Gelesen 16886 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: The Axe of Doriath
« Antwort #15 am: 3. Jan 2017, 23:59 »
I sorted the first post out a bit, so that everything is now much clearer and everyone's feedback is indicated too. I deem this proposal complete and finalised. What I'm satisfied with the most is the fact that we managed to gather very positive responses even in the German forum; really, no one had even the slightest objection and they fully agreed with this great suggestion  8-)

Many thanks to Necro, who conceived the proposal in the first place, and to all the ones who participated in the discussion. MU is really the place in which people join forces to come up with valuable ideas, and threads as this one always confirm it. Now, we just have to wait and hope that the Edain Team will implement the concept in the game. Something I really wish for.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #16 am: 4. Jan 2017, 02:18 »
I am also For this idea
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

makis89

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #17 am: 4. Jan 2017, 10:20 »
+1 and from me  for this awesome idea...!!!
"...for all living things were her food,
and her vomit darkness."

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #18 am: 4. Jan 2017, 17:23 »
I agree with this idea.

kingsjewel

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: 13. Jan 2017, 17:11 »
+1

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #20 am: 14. Jan 2017, 16:03 »
I also Agree with this idea. Nicely done. :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #21 am: 14. Jan 2017, 16:24 »
I also Agree with this idea. Nicely done. :)

Great! I will edit the post and add you to the list. Moreover, with 23 positive responses (and no negative comments!), we can say that this one is the most popular and most accepted concept of the recent new proposals; I thus guess that Necro should consider himself very proud of the outcome  ;)

I'm really delighted to have worked on these suggestions with all of you. Since they majorly consist of new (significant) additions for well-established factions (Lothlórien, Isengard and Gondor/Arnor), it really seems we were/are definitely willing to polish things even more, before the release of the next patch and, in particular, before the coming of the Misty Mountains  8-)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #22 am: 14. Jan 2017, 16:40 »
The original idea came from the user Secret Keeper, I simply put my own spin on the idea. I'm happy everybody is liking the idea.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

The Witch-King of Angmar

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Fear The Iron Crown
« Antwort #23 am: 22. Jan 2017, 00:05 »
Very nice I must say, I am for this idea.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #24 am: 23. Jan 2017, 01:06 »
Very nice I must say, I am for this idea.

Thank you for the support. I'm really glad to see that another one joins us. Given that you also participated in the debate concerning the Guards of Orthanc, may I then remind you, if you have not had the opportunity to consult them yet, of the other two major concepts that were recently being debated in the forum (by our German friends too): Narya and Ancient Might.

If you agree or disagree with the purposes of these proposals, just share your feedback in their respective threads  :)

The Witch-King of Angmar

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Fear The Iron Crown
« Antwort #25 am: 23. Jan 2017, 17:54 »
Thank you, I am glad to be part of such community, I will surely check out those two topics.

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
« Antwort #26 am: 27. Jan 2017, 07:54 »
I'm for the idea! I take a moment I want to ask the community: (a small lyrical digression) Maybe we should strengthen and Beorn in the game? After all, he also deserves attention! Creative idea strengthen Grimbeorn good! but Beorn was stronger Grimbeorna! And actually we get the opposite! Maybe we should give some impetus to the development of Beorn! And it would be true and canonical?!?

Ectheldir

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #27 am: 27. Jan 2017, 16:58 »
I'm new to this forum but already read a bit around here to see what awaits Edain in the upcoming versions.
To the matter at hand: I really like the general concept, but I would propose a little change. In my opinion it would make a lot more sense to name the axe "The Axe of Brethil" instead of "The Axe of Doriath". I know Brethil is even a part of Doriath, so there is no huge difference, but if I hear the name Doriath I think of elves who live protected from most threats in the belt of Melian. If they would have to fight, they would strike their enemies down with bow and arrow from the cover of there forest (like Beleg Cuthalion). And if they were forced to fight an enemy head on, they would probably fight them rather with a sword than with an axe. Can you imagine an elf fighting with an axe? I can't. That just doesn't fit.
The men of Brethil on the other hand lived at the border of Doriath (as many of the men from the Vales of Anduin lived at the border of Mirkwood), outside the protection of Melians belt. So they were always threatened  by hordes of Orcs that passed through their forest, to raid it, or just to pass down south. They were the ones that had to desperately protect their forest. And and an axe is a far more fitting weapon to them than to the elves of Doriath.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #28 am: 27. Jan 2017, 17:24 »
Maybe we should give some impetus to the development of Beorn! And it would be true and canonical?!?

The core of the concept has also to do with the idea of the endurance of the people of the woods and with Grimbeorn leading them. Whereas Beorn operates in a more, let's say, solitary context (a spell); so, should you have some ideas to propose, those ideas ought inevitably to be applied to Beorn's specific case.

As this thread is centred on a very defined topic, I thus suggest you post your brief or more structured suggestions in the appropriate places (a new thread or, as I deem better, the brief suggestions thread).

Ectheldir, thank you for sharing your very insightful opinions. Albeit agreeing with your own considerations in a purely lore-related perspective, I would rather maintain the current title unaltered. As you stated, Doriath is nonetheless the main theme of the matters involved; furthermore, most importantly, we should also consider the fact that it is Galadriel who gives him this special axe and she has in fact enchanted this weapon with her magic. There is thus the conceptual meaning of the magical/spiritual legacy of Doriath/Melian which inspires Woodsmen to fight even in the disenchanted Third Age of Arda. In light of all these elements, the wider reference to Doriath (and to Melian equally) shall symbolise those significant properties.

It was really interesting to know your thoughts about this concept. There are other important concepts that have been recently finalised, dealing with absolutely lore-related aspects (Narya, Isengard and Galadriel). I'm really curious to read what you think about them  :)

Bilbo Backings

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "Bombur slept on with a smile on his fat face"
« Antwort #29 am: 30. Jan 2017, 02:00 »
I gladly support this great proposal!
"Now is the time for our esteemed Mr. Baggins, who has proved himself a good companion on our long road, and a hobbit full of courage and resource far exceeding his size, and if I may say so possessed of good luck far exceeding the usual allowance--now is the time for him to perform the service for which he was included in our Company, now is the time for him to earn his Reward." Thorin Oakenshield - JRR. Tolkien: The Hobbit p. 246