28. Mär 2024, 11:47 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Wiki Suggestions  (Gelesen 14139 mal)

Trondheim9

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.
Re: Brief Wiki Suggestions
« Antwort #15 am: 17. Dez 2016, 22:02 »
Perhaps we should take the same approach as with Rohan and classify them as "Dwarven Allies" or "Allies of the Dwarves" and move the units that are not dwarven allies but actually dwarven units to another category.

Yes, agree with "Dwarven Allies"

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #16 am: 18. Dez 2016, 04:55 »
Perhaps we should take the same approach as with Rohan and classify them as "Dwarven Allies" or "Allies of the Dwarves" and move the units that are not dwarven allies but actually dwarven units to another category.

I agree.

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #17 am: 18. Dez 2016, 12:24 »
Dwarven Allies sounds good.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #18 am: 18. Dez 2016, 17:03 »
The thing with this is that the category "Dwarven allies" will include just 2 pages (Gandalf and Beorn). Is it worth to have category just for 2 pages?

And the second: What would be the new Category called (where dwarven units/buildings present in all three realms)?

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #19 am: 18. Dez 2016, 17:18 »
The thing with this is that the category "Dwarven allies" will include just 2 pages (Gandalf and Beorn). Is it worth to have category just for 2 pages?

And the second: What would be the new Category called (where dwarven units/buildings present in all three realms)?
The category would also have lake town and dale units, as well as their respective heroes.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #20 am: 18. Dez 2016, 19:10 »

The category would also have lake town and dale units, as well as their respective heroes.
Oh, yes I constantly forget about those things! :) 
So what do you think the new dwarven category should be called?

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #21 am: 18. Dez 2016, 19:17 »
A couple of ideas:
 - Dwarven kingdoms
 - Khazad
 - Dwarven armies
 - Dwarven forces
 - Dwarven realms
Are all the dwarves part of the Longbeard group or are they a mix?

Trondheim9

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.
« Antwort #22 am: 18. Dez 2016, 23:48 »
A couple of ideas:
 - Dwarven kingdoms
 - Khazad
 - Dwarven armies
 - Dwarven forces
 - Dwarven realms

My understanding is that the Longbeards, Durin's Folk, would encompass all three factions.  So we could call it Durin's Folk maybe.  I also like Dwarven Kingdoms or Dwarven Realms. 

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #23 am: 19. Dez 2016, 11:44 »
A couple of ideas:
 - Dwarven kingdoms
 - Khazad
 - Dwarven armies
 - Dwarven forces
 - Dwarven realms

My understanding is that the Longbeards, Durin's Folk, would encompass all three factions.  So we could call it Durin's Folk maybe.  I also like Dwarven Kingdoms or Dwarven Realms.
It wouldn't be quite correct calling them Durin's folk since units like Demolisher, Battlewagon do not belong to the Line of Durin. I like the suggestions Dwarven Kingdoms and Dwarven Realms and thus I'll go with whatever you decide.

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #24 am: 19. Dez 2016, 11:58 »
Aren't the Demolishers and Battlewagons controlled by Durin's Folk though?

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #25 am: 19. Dez 2016, 14:45 »
Aren't the Demolishers and Battlewagons controlled by Durin's Folk though?
Yeah, but the name Durin's folk refers more to Durin and his sons (heroes like Thorin, Dain etc). But the whole mechanism of those (units) present in all realms should receive different name (imo).

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #26 am: 1. Jan 2017, 23:49 »
Could a feature of a units page be to display them with and without heavy amour in a similar fashion to the buildings; I would be fine be taking screenshots. 
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #27 am: 2. Jan 2017, 12:41 »
Could a feature of a units page be to display them with and without heavy amour in a similar fashion to the buildings; I would be fine be taking screenshots.
It would be good to have "Unupgraded" and "Upgraded" or something like that.

The_Necromancer0

• Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #28 am: 26. Jan 2017, 11:45 »
I'll get a system set up to get the upgraded/unupgraded pictures up, just adding it to the long lists of things to do. Apart from that, I'll be experimenting with different Wordmarks, the one we have is no longer suitable in terms of quality. Make sure to drop me a PM or simply post here if you have something to say about it. Each one will be one for about 24hr so take your time.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #29 am: 26. Jan 2017, 15:06 »
I like that!
More ideas for new wordmarks could be with Gandalf's staff, sting, sauron's mace and other lotr weapons.