28. Mär 2024, 23:13 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Beating AI is so hard???  (Gelesen 2456 mal)

Salomon61

• Bilbos Festgast
Beating AI is so hard???
« am: 28. Okt 2016, 14:45 »
Hello everyone. I have a siriously problem. I have no victory againgst AI, while AI is 1 and easy dif. When game begin, AI continuously send troops, capture all settlements on its way. I never resist it, always defeat. Only when i add AI on my side, i have victory. I need help for strategy and tactics for winning.  :(

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: Beating AI is so hard???
« Antwort #1 am: 28. Okt 2016, 15:53 »
Somebody should write a guide, that would solve everybody's problem. But anyways...

Beating AI is a very different from beating a player, the player has limited resources but is quite ingenious whereas the AI is dumb as a tree but has the strike force of Grond. In clear: the AI cheats. It's got cheaper units, shorter research times, can build troops out of unfinished buildings and pre-researched upgrades. So if you try to play the spamming game you're gonna lose. You have to play the smart game.

Start off very aggressive, just run around the map creeping and building plots. Then once the AI wakes up, just leave all your build plots be destroyed to slow them down. Then level up heroes, research upgrades, stock power points and gain resources. Once you have a sizeable upgraded force breach the AI's siege and regain control of maps. During this phase the Defensive Measure II will be your best friend. You can either steamroll the map or take your time, fully upgrading each building before moving to the next one. Once that's done just build a couple siege and finish them off. That's the theoretical strategy, but there are a couple things you have to watch out for.

Be careful with your heroes, you just don't have the cash to lose one and the AI can be extremely sneaky.
Stopping the AI from getting an outpost is often a good strategy, although don't sacrifice your entire army over it.
Upgrade your base defenses to the max, it'll keep the AI out till they get siege.
Don't try to defend all your settlements, see where the AI attacks and expand the other way.
Again, Heroes are key.
Don't get all the fancy units for your army, prioritize damage over defense.

Bonus: Included free replay of Mordor beating... Lothlorien? I think, can't remember.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Salomon61

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Beating AI is so hard???
« Antwort #2 am: 28. Okt 2016, 16:18 »
Thnaks for answer, i will try :)