29. Mär 2024, 00:20 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Pages for the Buildings  (Gelesen 12339 mal)

Trondheim9

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.
Re: Pages for the Buildings
« Antwort #15 am: 8. Nov 2016, 13:37 »
Looks good.  I've fiddled with some templates for the economic buildings, you can see them on the Mallorn Tree page.  Feel free to change them if you think of something better.  I just called them "Tier1" and "Tier2" for simplicity's sake. 

Trondheim9

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #16 am: 8. Nov 2016, 14:41 »
I actually thought of something else.  How would we differentiate between upgrades FOR a building vs upgrades AT a building?  The Dwarven Stonemason for example.  It has upgrades for itself, the resource ones, but then also upgrades for other things like forged blades for defensive towers and extra defense plots. 

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #17 am: 8. Nov 2016, 19:24 »
Agree with that general layout!

I've not been able to help a lot because I'm busy with exams, but I'll try to fix typos and do small things as the pages are done, and when I have more time, I'll create some too.

I actually thought of something else.  How would we differentiate between upgrades FOR a building vs upgrades AT a building?  The Dwarven Stonemason for example.  It has upgrades for itself, the resource ones, but then also upgrades for other things like forged blades for defensive towers and extra defense plots. 

We could make a difference between "Building Upgrades" and "Purchasable Upgrades", making them different sections, I think.

The_Necromancer0

• Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #18 am: 9. Nov 2016, 08:38 »

Actually that's the purpose of the upgrades and function sections:
The Upgrade section defines what upgrades can be researched by the building for the building while the Function section defines the researches that can be done by the building for others than this building.

We can probably combine both templates into a single one because I don't think there are any instances of there being only one of the two.

I've not been able to help a lot because I'm busy with exams, but I'll try to fix typos and do small things as the pages are done, and when I have more time, I'll create some too.

Don't worry  :) Do well on your exams the wiki can wait.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #19 am: 10. Nov 2016, 18:41 »
For unit production buildings that also produce heroes (like the Lindon tower and the entmoot), how would we arrange the heroes that can be bought? For the units, it is just sections of the unit tables from the faction pages but the heroes are just listed with a small description on the faction pages, so could we have some sort of table for heroes on the building pages that is similar to the unit table?

Trondheim9

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #20 am: 11. Nov 2016, 12:07 »
For unit production buildings that also produce heroes (like the Lindon tower and the entmoot), how would we arrange the heroes that can be bought? For the units, it is just sections of the unit tables from the faction pages but the heroes are just listed with a small description on the faction pages, so could we have some sort of table for heroes on the building pages that is similar to the unit table?

I've tested out your idea on the Lindon Watchtower page with a custom table.  I mostly just copied information from the Cirdan page, but if you think of something better or in addition to what I've put, don't hesitate to change it. 

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #21 am: 12. Nov 2016, 12:49 »
I like it. I'll add a similar table to other buildings with recruitable heroes.

I've tested out your idea on the Lindon Watchtower page with a custom table.  I mostly just copied information from the Cirdan page, but if you think of something better or in addition to what I've put, don't hesitate to change it.

The_Necromancer0

« Antwort #22 am: 15. Nov 2016, 20:12 »
This brings up a question, should a table be created on faction pages for heroes? Just a quick question, so far the hero section is the only one non-standardized.

Also, I feel like we should remove the upgrades section and just fit it all in the function section. Too often it is just replaced by the empty upgrades section, which doesn't look too nice.

Also I was wondering whether we should combine all the battle towers pages into one since they differ so little from one another.

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #23 am: 15. Nov 2016, 22:39 »
Also, I feel like we should remove the upgrades section and just fit it all in the function section. Too often it is just replaced by the empty upgrades section, which doesn't look too nice.

Also I was wondering whether we should combine all the battle towers pages into one since they differ so little from one another.
Both of these ideas sound good. Would we have pages for defensive buildings like sentry towers or Wall Expansions (like the towers, catapults, flood gates etc.)?

The_Necromancer0

« Antwort #24 am: 15. Nov 2016, 23:01 »
I say we should be compact them as much as possible. All wall catapult upgrades together, all tower upgrades together and all postern gates upgrades together. The rest will be split up according to the needs of each faction, but should we list them as usual buildings?

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #25 am: 16. Nov 2016, 17:38 »
This brings up a question, should a table be created on faction pages for heroes? Just a quick question, so far the hero section is the only one non-standardized.

Agree with everything.

Trondheim9

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #26 am: 16. Nov 2016, 23:22 »
I say we should be compact them as much as possible. All wall catapult upgrades together, all tower upgrades together and all postern gates upgrades together. The rest will be split up according to the needs of each faction, but should we list them as usual buildings?

I have created a page called "Defensive Build Plots" containing all the basic information as a framework.  I think it will be tricky to organize the page, so whether it needs to be split into more pages or whatever, feel free to do something with it.  It seems kind of like a pain to have to upload images for each structure for each faction, so I felt the traditional building infobox didn't quite fit.  Well, like I said, I think it will be tricky and perhaps some of you have more of an idea of how it should be. 

http://edain.wikia.com/wiki/Defensive_Build_Plots

As for this, agree with everything as well. 

The_Necromancer0

« Antwort #27 am: 21. Nov 2016, 14:49 »
A lot of progress over the last couple of days, great team effort. We now have 26 building pages and I think we should start linking them to the faction pages, no need to change anything in the tables just a quick inter-wiki link with the building name.

I think the defensive plots page is a great way to gather a lot of content together to create a more interesting page.

Apart from that I've actually had a change of mind, the resource upgrades do look nicer on their own heading, what if instead of completely removing the upgrades heading we simply dropped it a couple of spaces right before the Strategy section.

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #28 am: 21. Nov 2016, 17:33 »
Should the citadels all be in one page or should there be a separate citadel page for each faction?

Trondheim9

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #29 am: 22. Nov 2016, 22:55 »
Should the citadels all be in one page or should there be a separate citadel page for each faction?

Similarly, should summonable buildings like the Dwarven Lone Tower or Gondor Tower get a page, their own individual page, or a collective page?