28. Mär 2024, 19:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Community Creation Section Policies  (Gelesen 1366 mal)

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
Community Creation Section Policies
« am: 6. Nov 2016, 18:54 »
I feel like all of the pages about fan-made content on the wiki seem to be a bit a disorganised with the categories compared to the actual mod pages. Do you think that we should have some sort of policy on how to organise all of the fan content pages and how they should link together?

The_Necromancer0

• Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: Community Creation Section Policies
« Antwort #1 am: 7. Nov 2016, 14:00 »
I've split the topic because this definitely needs to be it's own post, we shall try to create a set of guidelines for the entire Community Creation section so that there is a standard format for most things. I don't think we can create a standard format for individual submods, strategy guides and maps because they are too different. It's impossible to have one format for all the maps or one format for all the submods. But apart from that let's start with the category policy.

The Community Content section is something we haven't standardized yet, it's still a lot up to individual contributors to decide how they want it to be, something we will have to fix.

The Category Naming policy is something we haven't touched much on I realize, the Wiki has a set guideline for many things to help the wiki stay in a standard format and yet we don't have anything concerning categories, a terrible gap which must be fixed now. In general, the category is created to describe the page so the page is a "Unit" page or a "Hero" page, not to categorize the group of pages (which would be "Units", Heroes"). For the Community Content I suggest the following categories for the following Community Creations (drawing from what is already in place):
Submod - for submods
Strategy Guide - for strategy guides
Youtube - for youtubers
Custom Map - for custom maps
X Players - for custom maps with X amount of player (replace X with actual number)
Mission/Fortress/Skirmish/Special - for the type (suggest any if you know any other)

Perhaps there could also be different categories for youtubers depending on their upload rate and/or play style. Different categories for submods depending on the submod type.

That's all I have in mind (or time for, have to run too my classes), so feedback any ideas you have on there, and suggest anything you think of. Thoughts?
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/