19. Apr 2024, 12:37 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Make AI better at defending!  (Gelesen 1753 mal)

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
Make AI better at defending!
« am: 25. Nov 2016, 10:03 »
I hope with next updates AI gets improved on defence. Because right now AI never closes gates and on some factions never builds arrow towers and catapults (Dwarves, Rohan and Mordor for example). For me attacking AI is really easy right now.

I have never used battering rams because AI just doesn't close gates and two regular units destroy a building as fast as a battering ram.

Right now most of the time upgraded units and heroes are doing the dirty work. I only use catapults to destroy arrow towers (Isengard and Rivendell build arrow towers, Rohan only on camps), casue they kill my units fast.

If possible, I hope that in the future when I attack AI I need to rely on battering rams and catapults more.

Also it would be nice that AI also could but arches on the walls.

Sefie1999AD

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Make AI better at defending!
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Nov 2016, 23:11 »
Try playing Rohan vs. Imladris/Angmar on a Castle map. The AI will build towers and upgrade their farms with towers, which will wreck your peasants and cavalry in seconds, and you'll be forced to use Onagers, with heroes and ranged units protecting them.

Éomer Éadig

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 26. Nov 2016, 12:38 »
I do agree with this, especially concerning the fact that AI never closes their gate. This could maybe (I am no experienced modder) be done via a promt where the AI closes the gate if enough enemy units are in the vicinity.

When playing against Rohan or Gondor, you can simply march your troops in. The AI closing the gate would make attacking a castle a true seige where the wall is not simply an obstacle you can go around.

I support this idea and I hope the developers will keep this in mind, in particular concerning the next seige update.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #3 am: 26. Nov 2016, 13:20 »
All I can say is:
"Do not be hasty young master lahe95"

The AI is a WIP, every patch brings us new features. Not so long ago the AI was unable to use spell or even get their faction-specific Ring Hero, and look how far we've come since then. The Team's main focus is optimizing the game for Multiplayer 1k Skirmish Settings games but they also work on the AI. All we can do is arm ourselves with patience and hope that EA's game engine can keep up with the Team's expectations  xD
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/