23. Apr 2024, 15:24 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Some flavour to the game  (Gelesen 2552 mal)

Spinosaurus-Alfa

• Hobbit
  • Let the dinosaurs roar!!
Some flavour to the game
« am: 28. Nov 2016, 02:33 »
Hi i have some suggestions to the mod, they are my opinion so lets start. :)
1. This one is a little strange but here we go, there is an early, mid and late game, how about if we add something more, after reaching the late game in the citadel you can make an expensive upgrade to upgrade it and unlock some units, for example for Rohan the guardians of Hama are now buildable  in the citadel, for Lotlorien/Mirkwood Border sentries and Mirkwood spearman are buildable Border guards are good against monsters and archers  and have a good speed while the mirkwood spearman are a unit to defend they are good against cavalry and have a shield formation making them good against infantry, they can be limited or cost to much CP or resources, Mordor, Trolls of Dol Guldur can be summoned pemanently by an external spell or buildable, they are limited to three but they are to powerful, Imladris Lindon Sentry the spearman they are good against cavalry, monsters and infantry, Angmar an Ice Balrog or the beast of Udun can be summoned pemanently by an external spell, of course it wont be OP, Gondor i dont know maybe an upgrade with a new armor to the infantry, Dwarves Durin maybe.
Or maybe make these units can be an permanent external spell of the palantir after unlocking all spells or having 35 points.
This idea was because some elements and units of the Hobbit and the old version of Edain are missing in the game  and it would be nice to having them back not only for some seconds, it would gave more flavor and to the battles.
2. Gave a shield to the lothlorien infantry or a light armor upgrade to them its because its a little boring having them without an armor.
3. Make the AI able to build werewolves and fellbeasts
4. Change the stance of spearman, in Total war the spearman are a good unit to defend the ground and in the movies the can be good against infantry so how about if the holding ground stance makes them 50% slow but gain more damage or armor against infantry, aggresive stance they gain more damage against infantry but they are more vulnerable to trample or flanking damage and the normal stance, this isto make the a little more interesting and having a better role for them for example the tower gards and the normal spearman the spearman can be more agile and maneuverable against infanry while the tower guards are more slow and tanky, and this is a good way to implement the mirkwood spearman, its because i love them in the movie they are great :)
of course the palace guards would be more expensive an the complete batallion could be limited to three or something like that.
5. Make the units fly a little more when they are knockback, (its more fun XD)
6. I would like to see the chariot and the ballista of the dwarves maybe not like the  movies but able to send flying units ( yes i like to send flying units) or maybe it could be  the new siege weapon for imladris
 7. In maps like Minas Morgul, Dol Ugldur you can build the specific orcs and specific       spells for the map, this can apply for other factions too.
 8. Gave gondor or arnor the nightwatch horn it would be so epic.
 9. Have a dinosaur easter egg (Spinosaurus or T-rex)
 Well those were my ideas i hope you like them and it could be considered, at least the          implementetion of the units would be great to see it, well thanks for your attention and    sorry for my english.
An alliance once existed between elves and men we fight and die together.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
Re: Some flavour to the game
« Antwort #1 am: 29. Nov 2016, 13:38 »
1. Agree that some special features would be nice.
2. That won't happen (I asked that some time ago) because you can have armored Mirkwood Swordsmen with Forged Blades upgrade and they have shields.
3. AI is ever improving. The fact that AI now uses Spellbook and can have a ringhero is a huge development.
4. A similar ability is if I'm not mistaken already present for Gondor Tower Guards and Iron Hills Phalanx.

6. Dwarves already have battlewagon - very similar to chariot.
7. That would be nice.
9. How do you know there isn't one? :) But seriously: there are no dinosaurs in Middle Earth.

Spinosaurus-Alfa

• Hobbit
  • Let the dinosaurs roar!!
« Antwort #2 am: 2. Dez 2016, 20:58 »
So theres a dinosaur already? OMG i have to search it, easter eggs are very hard to be found :/
I have another suggestion for the Misty Mountains, to make the cave trolls not the same as always, lets give him an upgrade like wild tamed troll. This upgrade allows the troll to have a hammer like the one in the fellowship of the ring, the hammer has a good damage and knockback but also damages allies, the troll has chains in the body to make him look like in the movies, or a very expensive upgrade that allows the troll to have an armor like in the hobbit movies.
And is it possible to make attack trolls or maybe the giants, grab and throw infantry like in the movies? i know its a little useless but if we make it as an ability when the soldier is throwed the infantry or spearman armor and damage is reduced or something like that.
An alliance once existed between elves and men we fight and die together.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #3 am: 2. Dez 2016, 21:53 »
I really doubt that there is a Dinosaur Easteregg but there are some cool ones. Try to solve the riddles from here: http://edain.wikia.com/wiki/Eastereggs

About the suggestion: I relly liked the Armored trolls from the movies but the Edain Team have said many times that they didn't like the blind-chain like trolls. If I remember correctly the wild Trolls had the ability to pick up a tree or pick up a goblin to throw at the enemy so I don't see a reason why this wouldn't be in the new version as well.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 2. Dez 2016, 23:20 »
I admit I am of little help in dealing with these matters, as I didn't test the Misty Mountains yet and I didn't consequently manage to gather enough elements to express a solid opinion about it. Some Beta Testers already did it in the past though; they might probably give more defined insights. Their contribution would thus be extremely appreciated  :)

Nevertheless, we already started discussing some aspects and the relative discussion turned out to be really interesting. Trolls were one of the themes involved. As far as I grasped so far, armoured trolls should be a prerogative of Mordor (as it is exactly shown in LOTR), while cavern trolls are supposed to be well suited to their faction's wild and feral nature. That said, the Hobbit trilogy (BOTFA, in particular) kind of disrupts this reasoning a bit: I'm mainly referring to the presence of that wide-ranging variety of trolls (armoured or not). And I guess we could easily link such points with the wider possibility of implementing much more from the Hobbit films.

Besides, cavern trolls are also very much iconic themselves, as we're speaking about the quite legendary Moria sequence of Fellowship of the Ring. I wonder if there could be some scopes for granting them more uniqueness and diversification (weapons, design, features and so on). That would be a great overhaul of a great concept from BFME1.