25. Apr 2024, 18:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Make the valar  (Gelesen 1748 mal)

Tharkun75

• Hobbit
Make the valar
« am: 1. Dez 2016, 20:13 »
Hi, this is my first post in the forum, so first i want to give thanks to create this mod and revive the game of mi childhood. Second, i want to sorry if i make a mistake in english, im from spain.

So, i've a suggestion for the mod. What do you think about make the valar when the goblins were released? Its not cannon at the time os Lotr, ok, but could give a lot of fun at the mod. My idea its to use the ring or something to find a silmarrilion. An account will star and the silmaril will appears randomly at the map, bring the silmarrillion to the citadel and "invoke" (its the  word?) a valar.

For example, to evil factions could call to melkor. Gondor could call to Ulmo (I remember that love the mens more than other vala), rohan Orome or Tulkas, dwarves to Aule, Imladris to manwe or Varda and lothlorien Yavanna.

They can be like giants as AoE Mitology, very powerful and the key to win at a war in attrition.

i dont know if this could be possible, but it will be so great

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Make the valar
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Dez 2016, 22:34 »
Hi Tharkun75 and welcome to Modding Union! I assume you're quite acquainted with Age of Mythology: we thus have something in common  ;)

Your own proposal doesn't have the right premises to be implemented in the game, for a few significant reasons. Since the themes involved are quite wide-ranging and many things could be said about this topic, I will make a summary.

1. The Edain Mod is mainly set in the War of the Ring timeline. If not, whether it be the Hobbit timeline or the one of Angmar and Arnor, everything is nonetheless based on the Third Age. This is a paramount aspect; that is, it has the absolute priority above anything else.

2. After the War of Wrath, the Valar decided not to interfere in Middle-earth's affairs anymore, to spare Arda and its inhabitants additional destruction. Their isolationism became definitive when Númenor rebelled against Valinor. They would never intervene again in the Third Age.

3. Speaking about gameplay and balance, the presence of such mighty characters would be completely disruptive and out of place.

4. The Silmarils won't be retrieved until the end of Arda itself, when Ilúvatar shall break its own creations in order to give life to a new universe. Two of them are respectively lost in the fires of the World and in the sea, and the other is held by Eärendil in the outer skies.

--- LOCKED ---