19. Mär 2024, 06:36 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Several ideas for Necromancer  (Gelesen 2937 mal)

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
Several ideas for Necromancer
« am: 8. Dez 2016, 11:29 »
Good afternoon Edayn community! I have a couple of ideas for danogo character and wanted to share with you about them! Sorry for my English !

Despite the most interesting in respect of abilities and beautiful design (deserves everyone praise) in game! This is the hero just catastrophically! will underestimate and is humiliated. He agrees that at it interesting however in practice from abilities I pound abilities and design not so much!!! And now one after another: Sauron is the main villain middle-earth!!! (the strongest and artful representative of the evil!) and if Sauron with a ring Very powerful that the Necromancer and Gortkhaur are obviously underestimated! and if with Gortaur somehow it is possible to play with the Necromancer not to turn out. So not to be  verbose I will give couple of examples: The necromancer even at the 10th level cannot not that to battle against the main heroes of fractions, it even concedes to heroes of the second link!!! (Example of minor heroes: Thorin Kamneshlem, Dvalin, Gimli, Boromir, Celeborn, Tranduil, Legolas, and many others to take for example the hero worth 1500 and two groups of swordsmen and all to the Necromancer kaput!) The Necromancer has unfairly weak loss to units and the more so to heroes + low abilities the Most important as with design, the concept and idea Authors fashion got to ten! however implementation of the concept a little limps. I know I dress up on huge and devastating criticism however everything I will try to offer couple of ideas: (mine the offer is based only according to books, but not influence of movies and other games. except for design) For the beginning briefly I summarize everything written by Tolkien: it to be as follows: Sauron after loss of a ring remained incorporeal spirit. It was restored on an extent of all third era however did not restore former power for two reasons: divided part of the force with the servants to strengthen them and to help. But in spite of the fact that Sauron did not return to the former power his spirit, reason and insidiousness did not lose force even on the contrary at all. However it even being incorporeal all one than any of number of the White Council was stronger!. In the book it is also specified that the few from middle-earth could sustain personal presence of Sauron, that is proves his power. (only Gil Galad and Elendil sustained personal presence, however even to both of them it was not subject to win alone against Sauron, together won and the price of own lives) So the fact that being the main evil and the commander of all evil of middle-earth is still strange it does not possess abilities of leadership and support. (in principle as well as Gortkhaur). One more problem of the Necromancer it is a set of levels! Edain Team offered fine idea concerning interrelation of parallel strengthening of army of Mordor and Sauron. The idea super, completely coincides with the book and it does not work only at practice at full capacity. And here still situation: you play war of a ring and tell how to pump over the Necromancer to the 10th level? If in fight everything works normally then very badly or let's look at the reverse of the medal, in the same war of a ring you take powerful army headed by the king the witch, but here the trouble the magician cannot gather experience from fight as depends on the necromancer that is if at game there were at one card also a Necromancer and Nazguls then even more less playable. And now main problem! You have 9 Nazguls and you already play more than 30 minutes, killed a great number of enemies, but at all Nazguls! level 5, not all their abilities also they are open weak as kittens! If there would be a combined system of a set of experience and level: murder + Sauron's help that it would be optimum the Problem in that to get rid from full of interrelation, and to give the chance to nazugul to gather experience usual in the way, and here Sauron with a set nobody level strengthens their abilities (That that similar to gift Galadriel). Thus a certain compromise is reached. Yes I completely realize that the Necromancer / Gortkhaur / Sauron the strongest players in game however with the specific and heavy game mechanics in game in general.
The choice of a way restoration of force (one of three options of a set of levels  is given (choosing one of three abilities it will be actively the timer of abilities for example will not expire yet 5 min. also change an icon. The timer will expire and the player will be able to choose again a way of development of the hero and fraction) 1 - the Commander-in-chief of a gloom and the evil as in old system expanding army and buildings but does not receive any bonuses to own loss and armor. (A method essence in that to use weak and strong allies for capture middle-earth (the Necromancer destroyed an example Arnor, weakened Gondor with the help Isterling and Harad and plagues owing to what weakened army of Gondor and Kirit Ungol and Minas Tirit took, used Smouga and a balrog to ruin Moria, Dale and Erebor ignition and by that weakened war of goblins with gnomes (destroyed the greatest the kingdom of gnomes and gnomes more precisely in the north. This system allows to use allies when the army is weak)) 2 - power, the Necromancer as much as possible uses the force to be restored (choosing this ability he receives + 30% damage + 30% of armor increases the 4 and 5 ability and also gathers experience three times faster due to murders. Approaches when it is necessary that personally the Necromancer battled against the Enemy (for example as in Fight of the five arms of troops when it changes the shadow shape on fiery to battle against the White Council in Hand-to-hand)) 3 - the Servant Sauron (The necromancer to share force with Nazguls. As it works the Necromancer receives-10% of damage and armor, and gathers quicker experience thanks to murders of Nazguls. + the Nazgul receive 10% damage and armor and also increase the last two abilities! (This system assumes decentralization Sauron's strength. As at war of a ring, that is he relies upon capture of middle-earth by means of the most faithful servants  doing by their powerful weapon)
So, thus we receive the following: The necromancer after loss of a ring, restores the force and the power. For this purpose he uses the force on a miscellaneous: it to become with the ally by the force that that made all dirty work, it divides the force z the most faithful servants (Nazguls)  and those in turn will destroy the enemy (The witch king destroys Arnor and the Nazgul weaken Gondor) or the Necromancer personally decides to deal shortly with the enemies.

Thank you for your attention ! I hope these ideas (or at least used part) you like!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Several ideas for Necromancer
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Dez 2016, 12:47 »
This thread has been moved to the Mordor Suggestions board. Now, I presume the real Necromancer will soon show up and reply himself  xD

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #2 am: 8. Dez 2016, 14:31 »
That is a massive post, wow. Before I get to the actual post let me share a couple tips for future posting that will help you in making posts people enjoy to read. First of all, you want to split up your posts into paragraphs, like this it's much simpler to read them and users are more inclined to having a look, big blobs of text always scare people off. Secondly, make sure to double check as much of the spelling as possible, I understand that the English spelling and grammar can be complex, I've experienced that first hand but you can easily double check how names of Heroes are spelled.

Now, to look at your post. Which is massive so I'll try my best not to miss anything. From what I've gathered your proposal is to increase the strength of Sauron's Shadow and Flame forms, tie in his level up to the number of kills and fix the War of the Ring system.

Let's start with the simplest one, the War of the Ring Sauron. Indeed at the current time there is quite an issue with the WoTR, its not very compatible with the way most factions are meant to be played and quite buggy. However it is unlikely that major changes will be made to features of a faction solely for the purpose of fixing the WoTR feature. At its core, the mod aims to balance and introduce new feature meant to be played on regular skirmish settings with a 1000 resources start. Keep that in mind for further argument. That's all I have to say about that aspect of your proposal, the only one which I can tell you immediately is likely never to happen.

Now, you say Sauron is weak, weakest of all heroes? Indeed he is, and yet his power knows no bound and his might no limit. Two key things make Sauron one of the most powerful heroes: his initial cost is a 1000 resources, making him the only non-scout hero which you could technically rush right off the start (although its not recommended strategy wise), the second thing is that once bought you will never have to buy him again, he is a one time investment that will last the entire game. All the other heroes you mentioned can be killed (apart from Oakenshield at the moment  :D) and once killed they cost the player a fortune to revive. I also disagree with your statement mentioning that Gorthaur is underestimated, last time I checked his abilities were enough to rival even the greatest of hero killers. And his health bar would make even Oakenshield jealous.

All the heroes you've mentioned being more powerful then Sauron are much more expensive than him and can be killed. Shadow/ Flame Form Sauron was never meant as a mass slayer or a hero killer but as a support unit. Which is why he doesn't have that much strength. Another major benefit of the current system, is that even if you recruit a Ringwraith extremely late in game they will instantly gain all their abilities, unlike other heroes who would have to level up slowly.

In general, I disagree heavily with your proposal, although I have a lot of respect for the effort you put in it. Sauron's concept is both incredibly interesting in addition to being a solid system that works well in the game. As his power (and the power of Mordor) is restored by his servants they are imparted more strength and gain more power. If the Edain Team was to improve the strength of Sauron he would become much too powerful because of his cheap cost, the role he plays, the benefits he provides and the fact that he can't actually be killed.

This thread has been moved to the Mordor Suggestions board. Now, I presume the real Necromancer will soon show up and reply himself  xD
Looks like somobedy has spent too much time with the forces of Darkness to be able to predict their actions so well  :P
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
Several ideas for Necromancer
« Antwort #3 am: 15. Dez 2016, 10:03 »
Hi people !

With regard to the proposal Necromancer I understand that maybe some of the concepts (even if you like them) are very difficult to implement on the limitation of technical capabilities and complex mechanics of implementation of ideas + to the possible need to alter a few other aspects of the game as the hiring price of various army units, but I think that you will agree with me that the Necromancer requires strengthened. Strengthen it should be on the physical plane! rather than add to it the mass murderous abilities!. It seems at least banal increase in damage (although used by 30%, because as I said painful to watch as the greatest evil of Middle-earth hard to cope with the enemy unit or hero). I suggest this not because I want to what would become the all-powerful necromancer killer, but because he used at will to defend itself from its enemies (his life and armor is very weak). Yes, also I agree with you that the Necromancer has two undeniable advantages: it is the price of immortality. However, it is only on these two aspects of the stay ??? I'm not saying that used to make the Necromancer strong from the very beginning of the game, but it is possible through the strengthening of the ability of spell books (as Gandalf, Saruman, and Galadriel), or some new way to increase strength. Again, I repeat my proposal is for increasing the damage to one unit (especially the heroes) and not the area of ​​damage. Of course you can offer another option that is fully consistent with the book: for example, he uses the latest ability (and it really reinforces it and enables it to directly confront the strongest and wisest heroes of Middle-earth), but it carries a heavy fine restoration of their abilities, or something else ... what would the player with the proper understanding of the risks of using this ability and apply it in practice. Also, if you add him to lead it even strengthen its aspect of supporting the troops, and did not suffer your proposed concept.
You position is based on the fact that his advantage is the price for the hiring of 1,000 units. and immortality, yes agree, worthy of an advantage, but it does not help the situation in any way from the fact that he fizisku very weak! it becomes damage at level 5 becomes approximately 100 units. damage while in the middle of the heroes of the damage at the same level of about 400 units, and about the heroes of silent killers at all, and what happens? Necromancer that causes an average of four times less than the average for the other hero! It seems to me that this is a weighty argument in favor of increasing its damage.
If we now briefly summarize the whole text is written, it will be limited to the following: physical strengthening Necromancer (but with the opposite effect for the balance) does not change the current game mechanics for the Necromancer, but it's more the book will fit !!! and most importantly demonstrate it as the greatest evil in Middle-earth!
But as Gorthaur! then there is divided opinion about him: physically strong and he does good damage, not argue with that, but its ability to .... There's a couple of nuances. For example the ability of the vampire and the wolf! Honestly, I almost never play Gorthaur these countenances as they are not very competitive and weak!, That's another thing that's Anatar, which gives a very interesting tactical possibilities for the game, and most importantly very well represents how Sauron deceived elfov really good ability.
The funny thing is that it concerns the necromancer is how the power of Sauron in rapredelina troh epostasiyah:
Necromancer weak, although the design and mechanics is very interesting! Gorthaur strong physically, but tedious abilities! Sauron and the ring is simply not killed the enemy with great physical damage and most powerful abilities in the game, not taking into account the fact that there are more than five !!!
And it turns out that only the ring Sauron is fully consistent with the book! Here is my opinion on the necromancer!

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #4 am: 15. Dez 2016, 14:08 »
Unfortunately strengthening him would upset balance greatly.  The Necromancer is already an incredibly important hero as Mordor.  While maybe not strong in combat by himself, his strength come in the form of his abilites, which are abosultely amazing.  He is one of the best Heroes when it comes to supporting your army.  Dark Swaths, Burning Prison, Eruption, Ruler of Fire, Might of the Damned, and Wall of Fire all are great at making your army stronger indirectly.  And Influence of Sauron, of course, is the most important power as Mordor. 

Also take into consideration that Sauron cost 1000 and once he is bought, he can never truly die.  If you make him stronger combat wise, he would need a price increase, because if he didn't get a price increase he would be too strong for his price.  However, if Sauron gets a price increase, then Mordor would be massively nerfed because he is the core of the faction, and buying him is incredibly important.  A strength and price increase would only work if Sauron wasn't the core of the faction, however, I think we can all agree that the current system that is in place is pretty amazing. 

Overall,  Sauron doesn't need a buff because he not only incredibly important already, but it would be a nightmare to balanced due to his role in the faction.

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 25. Jan 2017, 19:34 »
I propose to enhance the necromancer damage from 100 to 200. He is very weak, even at level 10. Just think! The main evil of Middle-earth is a Necromancer who causes damage is less than the spy hero.