28. Mär 2024, 13:32 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Several ideas for Rohan  (Gelesen 3970 mal)

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
Several ideas for Rohan
« am: 8. Dez 2016, 11:38 »
Good afternoon Edayn community! I have a couple of ideas for danogo character and wanted to share with you about them! Sorry for my English !

Rahan probably fraction with the lower defects. It is aggressive and mobile. The only thing of what so is not enough for Rohan these are capacities to finish the enemy. This deficiency of power consists in the following:
1) Weak heroes! At Rohan one of the weakest heroes in fashion. Therefore I suggest to add constant or draft Helm's hero molotoruky.
2) To remove from the book of spells ability for 10 points camp!. I will just sharpen that it is duplicated with camp from the Outpost!
3) To increase defensive abilities of the camp / Outpost.
4) As the option can be added and the Outpost Vestfold
5) To change couple of abilities from the book of a spell (for example it is possible to add Gandalf as the draft hero instead of Galadrim  with Haldir.)
6) To add pedestrian elite! It so is not enough for it.
7) To slightly change abilities of heroes especially of Theoden and Eumer
8) To add horse group with copies (are strong against spearmen and monsters)
9) To add to elite group a feature to exchange astride a horse / or pedestrian group

Thank you for your attention ! I hope these ideas (or at least used part) you like!

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: Several ideas for Rohan
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Dez 2016, 22:54 »
Their heroes are not weak, they synergize extremely well with eachother, and if you Banish them they are a deadly force, each of them having the damage of a hero killer.

This is a terrible idea, the 10 point power of Rohan is one of the strongest in the game. It gives you unlimited, elite cavalry, fully upgraded who can switch to bows, for FREE. Putting this on an outpost would be unbelivably broken.

If you mean the Exile Camp, it is not meant to defend itself. It gives an amazing leadership, you should be using troops to defend it.

If you mean to add a Westfold Outpost for Rohan, you should post it under the Rohan Outpost Suggestions board. Also, I believe something along those lines was already suggested and rejected some time back.

Since Gandalf is your only proposal here, I disagree with it because Haldir fits nicely into the faction. If you have any other spell replacement ideas I'm interested in hearing them.

I don't understand this.

Theoden already has one of the best ability rosters in the game, the problem isn't his abilities, its his health and how long it takes to level him up. As for Eomer, I will agree that his ability set is lacking, but I don't know what abilities could make it better. Have you any ideas?

I would support this with the goal of making Rohan a cavalry faction, the problem is that then there would be no counter to Rohan. Having a unit that is strong against its counter is incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to balance.

I think having an entire tier of troops who can mount and dismount would be really broken, as you can trample the enemy, dismount to fight, or quickly remount to trample again. This wouldn't work.

Thanks for your post, but I would suggest putting more thought into your ideas and presenting reasoning why the faction should have your changes next time. Also, if possible, try to improve your English a little bit ;) Welcome to the forums! :)
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #2 am: 8. Dez 2016, 23:39 »
I don't understand this.

I think he means the Rohan captains.

Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #3 am: 8. Dez 2016, 23:43 »
In that case, they just need to fix it so the swordsmen don't run through units and its fine.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 5. Jan 2017, 23:59 »
This thread is about several ideas so i think i share my own here to because in brief sugesstion thread no one gives a damn.So i starting with my first suggestion which makes Rohan version on Cloud Brake more important more friendly to movies and diffrent than Gondor Version.
So beside standart fear effect this Spell give Leadership to cavalry units on battlefield .
Cloud Break is spectacular moment in LOTR TT and ROTK where in second movie Rohhirim charge Pikeman with Gandalf on thier side and in thrid movie Great Rohhirim Charge on fields of Pelennor .I want make this moments great in Edain Mod and being them rememberd  and i think there is no better place than Rohan SpellBook Cloud Break spell.Rohan have powerfull early game but this spell is in thrid row and need some diffrent unique effect making it diffrent than Gondor one .

So after i said why i want this idea to be implemented i think it is time to make effect /boost /morale that improve Rohan Cavalry in quite short time.

For 1 minute all Rohan Mounted units get 50% more armor vs pikeman .
I u have have ideas to make this effect better everything can be discussed . Afer all only thats why i suggest ideas need postive feddback to be inplemented by team.

2)Haldir summon currently use Lothlorien sound i come up with something not only unique but fit that was used in Lotr Two Towers when Haldir and his Galadhrim arrive
There you have it ^^

https://soundcloud.com/user-761982642/elves-arrive-at-helms-deep

« Letzte Änderung: 7. Jan 2017, 17:47 von Slawek56703 »

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #5 am: 6. Jan 2017, 12:22 »
I agree with the suggestion about the Cloud Break - it always felt like it's purely Rohan power (and not quite fit for Gondor).
Also agree with the change of Haldir summon sound.

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #6 am: 18. Jan 2017, 10:44 »
I want to propose a new sound for Gamling horn ability currently he uses Boromir one . Sound was used in ROTK before Rohhirim charge at Pelennor Fields.

https://soundcloud.com/user-761982642/arrival-horn-of-rohan-army-mp3cutnet

« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jan 2017, 06:56 von Slawek56703 »

mycaelspear

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 19. Jan 2017, 17:09 »
I will address each point one at a time.
1) Weak heroes! At Rohan one of the weakest heroes in fashion. Therefore I suggest to add constant or draft Helm's hero molotoruky.
Rohan's heroes are some of the strongest I've seen so far in the mod. The only one who could use improvement is Eomer and that has been discussed in other threads.
2) To remove from the book of spells ability for 10 points camp!. I will just sharpen that it is duplicated with camp from the Outpost!
This camp is not an exact duplicate and would take away one of Rohan's strongest offensive options. Unless you have a suggestion for a replacement of course. :)
3) To increase defensive abilities of the camp / Outpost.
The camp is not supposed to be super strong. You are meant to defend it with troops.
4) As the option can be added and the Outpost Vestfold
This is in a separate thread and it has been mentioned we are getting a new outpost in 4.5. We will need to wait and see how that is when it is released. :)
5) To change couple of abilities from the book of a spell (for example it is possible to add Gandalf as the draft hero instead of Galadrim  with Haldir.)
Gandalf is not as good of a fit for Rohan compared to Haldir. Unless you have a good suggestion on how to implement I don't see this happening.
6) To add pedestrian elite! It so is not enough for it.
I'm not sure what you mean here. If you are talking about improving the captains there are already multiple threads discussing that.
7) To slightly change abilities of heroes especially of Theoden and Eumer
Theoden is fine as is. I agree that Eomer needs improved and stated that above.
8) To add horse group with copies (are strong against spearmen and monsters)
No way to balance this. If this was implemented Rohan would be the strongest faction. Only way they could do this would be to put it as a heroic unit.
9) To add to elite group a feature to exchange astride a horse / or pedestrian group
This couldn't be balanced as stated by others.