28. Mär 2024, 19:10 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Several ideas for Arnor  (Gelesen 3329 mal)

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
Several ideas for Arnor
« am: 8. Dez 2016, 11:40 »
Good afternoon Edayn community! I have a couple of ideas for danogo character and wanted to share with you about them! Sorry for my English !

The main problem of Arnor is that it is almost completely identical to Gondor!!! Base, fortress, design, heroes (the name another and an essence too most, Boromir and Faramir's direct copies and others is simple), Gandalf as the main character (though and here Gandalf as the main character I do not understand, it is possible to leave it of course in fraction, but as draft hero, with the changed abilities and without Glamdring, then it will correspond to books.). Fractions authors fashion offended this most of all in spite of the fact that reserved developments in Fraction very big. and many ideas can be offered to this fraction. Here what I offer:
1) Main the hero to make Elendil!
2) To add Aranarth a son off Elendil.
3) To change abilities and a role of other heroes
4) To add to the Outpost a tower Amon Sull with some abilities and from guards as in the book!
5) To improve Rivendel's fortress in the Outpost
6) To add to the Outpost the Building of White Harbour with Cirdan, and to strengthen Cirdan, he after all was the wisest of elves and carried fire ring.
7) Clean / will change pathfinders of the North as it is the direct copy of pathfinders of Itilen and plus to it they is at Rivendel.
8) To change design of base/fortress
9) To change and add couple of new improvements for base/fortress
10) To change couple of abilities from the book of spells!

Thank you for your attention ! I hope these ideas (or at least used part) you like!

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
Re: Several ideas for Arnor
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Dez 2016, 15:06 »
The Arnor the Edain Team uses is Arnor during its war with Angmar.  That is the main reason why Elendil is not on the faction.  Arvedui was the King at the time. 

Also, the main reason why Gondor and Arnor are so similar is because they are sister kingdoms and were very similar in Lore.  They have enough changes to make them different factions (Their Heroes and Spellbook being the biggest differences). 

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #2 am: 8. Dez 2016, 22:41 »
Especially considering that Arnor is actually a really powerful faction right now with no real weaknesses, I don't see any need to change them.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #3 am: 8. Dez 2016, 23:32 »
Apart from what others have said, this proposal lack actual suggestions, most of the points you've made are just requesting for something to be changed. It would be better if you specified how they could be changed so that a discussion could stem from these suggestions.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

EpicTslayer

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 14. Jan 2018, 03:11 »
I agree mostly with the changes, especially for Cirdan and the Amon Sul outpost. Cirdan, around the time of Arnor, still had his Ring of fire which will make him stronger than the Cirdan of the War of the Ring. And also it would be cool if they replace the Gondor Walls with Native Arnor walls based on the ones in RoTWK. Of course, the Edain team gets the ultimate say, but it would be nice for a little more differentiation between the two factions. Again, no offense to the Edain team(they've done an awesome job with the mod).

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 11. Mär 2018, 22:30 »
Firstly i am a fan for seperated Arnor Kingdom as a faction, i need to say that. Agreed to sister kingdoms do not have many differences. Also don't support Dwarven Kingdoms choosing system, that was an uniqe privillage. But it can be improved as walls from orijinal Arnor - Rotwk. With this way Arnor will be more characteristic faction and probably nobody will say seperate Arnor from Gondor. Besides Rivendell outpost does not fit for Arnor. In here i see Amon Sul outpost is more national theme for men, like Rohan as cavalry faction. There will be no heroes for Amon Sul outpost, but there are Captains individual units like Beornings or more correctly Ered Mithrin Dragon Slayers which they have some decent skills (like toggle weapon,  mount, heal, leadership, unit buff, not extraordinary) for Arnor. That symbolizes kingdom is weakening as microstate (which they are not crowded people in that time) however they have rezistance. As a settlement Lindon Tower and new Cirdan can remains in this way which can be used as Elostirion Tower for Palatir.

On the other hand I understand making similiar relationship with Gondor like Glorfindel - Imrahil and Imladris Stronghold - Dol Amroth, but Dol Amroth is more vassal of Gondor that is not the same for Imladris. Glorfindel and his forces are more suitable for spellbook. Which is very surprizing topic because we will never learn it yet release. But we are guessing Arrow Valley, Plead to Gwaihir, The Northern Star and perchance The Downfall of Andor will change. In here i must say Lone Tower spell is very common for Dwarves and Men, this is annoying me. Of course instead of that something can be implemented. For this i have an idea based on this link: http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Arnor. Snowmen of Forochel helped Arvedui. This bond can be used in the spellbook, tier 2 or 3 summon deffensive force like huorn. Additionally from this link we know we can unite Glorfindel and Earnur's Army  10pp spell for Arnor which is similiar to Last Alliance Army for Imladris.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #6 am: 11. Mär 2018, 22:40 »
I think having Imladris as an outpost is fitting and fine, though. Outpost don't need to be vassals of the main faction after all, taking Mirkwood or the three Dwarven outposts as an example. Also, as Glorfindel was key in the downfall of Angmar, he fits as recruitable, while Earnur is from much further south and I think fits more as temporary, while Glorfindel is much nearer Arnor and could be more 'permanent' help for them. I hope that makes sense :P

On Amon-Sûl, I don't think that would fit since Edain's Arnor is set on their last years, and Amon-Sûl had been lost long before that time.

On Lossoth, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Forochel men in some form, they could fit on the spellbook