28. Mär 2024, 09:46 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Several ideas for Lothlorien  (Gelesen 4280 mal)

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
Several ideas for Lothlorien
« am: 8. Dez 2016, 11:52 »
Good afternoon Edayn community! I have a couple of ideas for danogo character and wanted to share with you about them! Sorry for my English !

The main problem of Lothlorien is that it is fraction of archers! All elite groups are archers. Therefore all mechanics of game for fraction to consist in that to employ archers and ent. That's all. You will tell that there is still Mirkvud! Yes! But Murkvud's army is weak, for an exception of royal guards, Legolas and Tranduil. Therefore I offer the following:
1) To add one more hand-to-hand ability to Legolas and to change his design (armor from Hobitt. Desolation off Smoug)
2) To change the fifth ability of Tranduil
3) To add to the Outpost Entmut (the building for hiring of ents and to add couple of tactful improvements)
4) To add Grinbyorn's house to the Outpost and to add couple of tactful improvements
5) To change Grinbyorn and Beorn's abilities (they are identical though Beorn was stronger)
5) To strengthen Galadriel
6) To change / finish Celeborn
7) To add Gandalf in the book of spells
8) To change ability in the book of spells for 10 points Elendil's Light, namely by the ship there will be Elendil who will be shoots from onions on land and air targets, but will give to allies less armor
9) To add Galadrim with swords as to Edain 3.8.1.
10) To add Lorien and Murkvuda the obsidional tool
11) To make more armor Mirkud's army. It is really weak.
12) To add a feature for change the weapon onions / sword / spear for Mirkud's cavalry and to add improvement of armor for them
13) To add new elite group for Mirkvud or to strengthen royal guards.
14) All abilities from the book of spells reflect only Lothlorien, (for an appeal exception Tauriyel) and how Mirkvud?

Thank you for your attention ! I hope these ideas (or at least used part) you like!

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
Re: Several ideas for Lothlorien
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Dez 2016, 13:41 »
1) Legolas won't get his armor (the Team has answered this already)
2) Share your ideas of what the ability should be.
3) and 4) Well then you would have only Mallorn Tree to build on the settlement which doesn't force you to think of the strategy (how you're gonna play)
5) Again: share your ideas. I think that Galadriel is strong enough (well she could have some armor bonus I agree) but overall she's fine.
6) What is it there to change and finish?
7) Why? Think about it: Gandalf visited Lorien only 1 or 2 times during the Events of the Hobbit and Lotr.
8) I don't think that would be good. The current effect of this ability is fine and I don't see a reason why level 10 spellbook power should reduce the armor of your troops.
9) Galadhrim can switch between bows and swords. If you mean changing the design then there is already  the design of the Galadhrim from the Two Towers (they are summoned by Rohan spellbook)
10) Not sure what you mean.
11) Can't comment
12) The Elkriders are good at trampling and I better prefer them to shoot arrows than die in melee combat.
13) Again: express your ideas
14) Feel free to propose different spellbook abilites.

Joragon

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
« Antwort #2 am: 8. Dez 2016, 14:54 »
5) just watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUWHNJxKTxA&list=PLDFdOd4NMwz_t1MzHmiEYOqxXn5_cgv8k&index=6
:D
In the second match Firefly plays a Galadriel-start and it works pretty good ( I think its after the 26th minute).

So I think Galadriels concept is pretty good for now.
LG
Joragon

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 8. Dez 2016, 15:16 »
Adding to the points of Gandalf, I think you didn't understand thoroughly the role of Mirkwood in the whole faction and the purposes it serves. Mirkwood is exactly a part of the faction to provide Lothlórien with what it couldn't otherwise dispose of (or not at that extent): heavy infantry, cavalry and the features of Thranduil as a tank. Moreover, don't forget that the troops of the Woodland Realm have been granted new own abilities, widening their diversification and usefulness in the game. There is a clear logic behind.

Again, users willing to share suggestions or concepts are wholeheartedly recommended to provide viable arguments to back their thesis. It's absolutely necessary, if we are to ensure productive debates here.

Concerning Galadriel, I have a pretty much different idea from the two opposing opinions presented here. If anyone is willing to discuss about her in a more on-topic space, there already is the proper thread that embraces this topic entirely, where I also shared my personal concept and opinions on the matter. My forum signature will lead you there  :)

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 3. Jan 2017, 18:05 »
Hey

For Lothlorien i have a suggestion to complete that geography. There are woodmen in that area. They have not mentioned yet in Edain mod. These men use axes or sticks to fight and they are friendly to Radagast the Brown. They can be added to Beorninger Hut for to recruit or put to the spellbook for summoning. Is it necessary if you ask, they are a part of this region, somehow they deserve to be in the game i think. Information about them is given below.

http://merp.wikia.com/wiki/Woodmen_of_Rhovanion

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #5 am: 3. Jan 2017, 18:57 »
Heh it so happens that I had a whole discussion with Walk about this subject :P. You can check it out here:

https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30753.180.html

I'm planning on making a full proposal about the Peoples of the Anduin as a subfaction for Lothlorien (though I still have to think on how to implement them). In any case, I hope I can count on your support and I fully agree with you :).

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: 3. Jan 2017, 20:48 »
Fredius

Firstly i would like to see your proposal before giving you a support. Of course as you know if your suggestion and my thoughts are the same once, then i can vote for it. But i just read your People of Anduin idea and if you look the progress of Dorwinion, you will see why it can not be. Lordoflinks and dkbluewizard are working about a new faction which includes some of your idea. Orocarni dwarves and Avari elves will contain in that neutral faction. So they can not be in your subfaction. Also i personally think if the hobbits will be added to a faction, it would be Imladris and probably to the hobbit farm for being spam unit. I assume remaining the only part of your proposal is orginally people of Anduin, woodmen of Rhovanion and it can not be a subfaction. Finally that will support my opinion which they can be add to recriut from Beorninger Hut or they can be add to summon from the spellbook.
Nevertheless if you complete the proposal and share it, i would like to read it.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #7 am: 3. Jan 2017, 21:22 »
Lordoflinks and dkbluewizard are working about a new faction which includes some of your idea. Orocarni dwarves and Avari elves will contain in that neutral faction. So they can not be in your subfaction.

Yes I'm aware of that, but don't worry, I was not planning to add the Orocarni Dwarves or the Avari Elves to the subfaction. I just used them as an example of peoples I'd personally love to see in the mod, not in Lothlorien itself :P.

Also i personally think if the hobbits will be added to a faction, it would be Imladris and probably to the hobbit farm for being spam unit.

I don't think I will add the Hobbits to my proposal, because I can't find a way to incorporate them other than being a copy of the Imladris version. Hobbits are not a warlike folk, so personally I am against seeing them on the battlefield.

Finally that will support my opinion which they can be add to recriut from Beorninger Hut

That is indeed one of my ideas. I'm working on the proposal right now, and let me hear your thoughts untill then ;).

Mr.Todd

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #8 am: 19. Jan 2019, 17:01 »
Hello everyone, today I would like to share with you my thought about a very popular unit: the Galadhrim archers.
As you know, these archers are amblematic in the movies because they are Lothlorien's elite soldiers, deadly and accurate archers with an almost human-sized bow.
 Currently they have a short attack range in the game but high damages, which is interesting because the basic archers remain useful with their huge attack range.
That said, I wanted to propose a new active ability for the Galadhrim.
The goal would be to give them a small attack range bonus for a short time.
 I insist on it, I think they should keep their current range that is balanced.
However as we have seen in the film they can prove fatal by taking the time to aim, so here is an idea of ​​capacity that could replace the lambas bread (deleted in the next version).
Accurate shot (level 5).
Galadhrims take the time to aim the weak point of the enemy, they gain + 50 shooting range for 30 seconds but have -25% shooting speed.
They would have a shooting distance similar to the basic archers equipped with the long bows upgrade but with an attack speed penalty. The ability would also be slow to recharge (2min30) and available at level 4 or 5.

I think that would be interesting without removing the current weakness of the unit, I hope you like my idea and sorry for my english (I'm French). :) ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Jan 2019, 17:35 von Mr.Todd »

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 22. Jan 2019, 20:41 »
Nice idea. I am for everything what will improve Galadhrims range!  :)

« Letzte Änderung: 23. Jan 2019, 20:33 von Tiberius Ogden »