28. Mär 2024, 22:27 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imladris' lack of proper Mass slayer hero  (Gelesen 8690 mal)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Imladris' lack of proper Mass slayer hero
« Antwort #15 am: 13. Mär 2017, 22:50 »
In the books is written that Master Elrond causes the flood by spelling some words toward river but the horse visage did Gandalf. Now I am totally confused.

It's true, I recall the same thing. You have to look at the whole picture though: is that aspect worth being represented in the game? I find it a too minimal of a difference, and a very strict adherence to the books. If you think about it, the whole water-horse motive is very much connected with Rivendell, in a conceptual perspective. This is particularly true in the cinematographic transposition, as Arwen escaped the Nazgûl in the legendary sequence we all have knowledge of. The ability is also an iconic remnant from BFME2.

You just have to order all these pieces together and the reason for the current feature to remain will be quite apparent, I guess. Not a solution which is totally lore-accurate, but it is nonetheless what satisfies the needs of gameplay.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: 23. Jan 2019, 12:37 »
This thread can be locked - we already know that Elrond is supposed to be Imladris mass slayer, although for many people it doesn't seem clear. That's why we're trying to make his skillset more focused but also take into account Vilya's purpose from the books.  :)
Discussion continues in Elrond's thread: https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31323.msg472721.html#msg472721

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #17 am: 23. Jan 2019, 16:07 »
It should be locked, yes. On the eve of a comprehensive community proposal for Elrond, we have to make sure that a proliferation of similar topics does not stand in the way. It would only confuse people.

By the way, just by reading LoM's past remark, it's clear that the focus ought to be on mass-slaying properties. And that's where our oncoming concept comes in handy: through replacing a replica of hero-supporting restoration, we shall have a true mass-slayer and, most importantly, a lore-accurate portrayal of Vilya. It's also stated that further reworking on his character is not deemed necessary, although that dates back to 2016. Thereafter, so much has dramatically changed... :)

Elrond is meant to be Rivendell's AoE hero, and with three abilities to that effect (flood horses, his passive AoE damage later and Vilya) I'd say hes conceptually well positioned for the role. Of course, if his abilities are too weak they can be easily buffed, but I don't think more fundamental hero reworks are necessary here.

--- CLOSED ---