29. Mär 2024, 00:48 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: A canonical Gandalf  (Gelesen 13106 mal)

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re: A canonical Gandalf
« Antwort #45 am: 4. Jan 2017, 18:07 »
Zitat

Slawek, thank you for sharing your ideas. I would nonetheless stick to the main concept Haman and I proposed. In my opinion, changing animations and granting him a ranged attack are something that makes the system more complex. And more complicated concepts had better be avoided while having to deal with the Grey Wizard, for the known reasons.

Thanks can't wait for the the completed proposal good luck to u and Haman. When i mean essence of the Lighning attacks i didn't mean Ranged attack . After Gandalf Lightning Sword attack wears off he attacking normally with melee atacks his sword is shining for certain amount of time dealing electric damage to opponent with increased damage effect . It is for agressive stance and all of his forms with diffreant effects that he can use throughout whole game . It is just to clarify thinks up  xD .

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #46 am: 4. Jan 2017, 18:25 »
Blue Wizard, if damage boost is what concerns you the most, I guess we can simply modify the numbers a bit, and thus we might increase both the value of attack and defence of each stance (50%, for example). This would make Gandalf effective and protected in all kinds of eventualities, without implementing more complicated systems for very particular cases (as the Balrog). Narya's three-part stance system already provides us on a global scale with the enhancement that Gandalf needs.

It's not that I'm ignoring your ideas for a precise reason. I just don't see the need to implement an additional feature, to replace spells or to apply other contexts to this one (as the comparison with Galadriel's 'emergency' transformation, which I find quite inappropriate as Gandalf is a completely different hero). And, as I already stated, Gandalf is already going to get a boost in the forthcoming patch, aside from our proposal regarding Narya. Trust me, I tested things myself and I know what I'm talking about. Avoiding more complex additions (as expanding Lightning Sword's function) spares us greater issues. Issues related to an already tough topic to discuss as this one.

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #47 am: 4. Jan 2017, 19:02 »
Diewalkure, it was not so much the damage boost as I just wanted a canonical Glamdring, but if you are already including a damage boost with Narya, then I feel I can't say anything as I do not want Gandalf to be godly. Gandalf the White should be the best hero besides Sauron, but that is beside the point.

If you adjust the numbers slightly with Narya, I won't complain or bother.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #48 am: 4. Jan 2017, 19:30 »
As I told you, I understand your reasons very well. I'm absolutely conscious of the importance that Glamdring has in the lore, as the legendary blade of Turgon.

Only, consider the context in which we are: Gandalf is already a quite complete hero. We can't replace spellbook spells, we can't replace or change any of his iconic abilities and we must also consider his defined characterisation as a mass-slayer. If we are to conceive a proposal for Glamdring, we would probably be forced to change some of his abilities and, most importantly, to come up with an alternative for Arnor's Gandalf. So, leaving things unaltered prevents these additional (and not needed) issues from burdening us even more. Lightning Sword is nonetheless present and it will always be so. For the ones who know about Glamdring, that ability already represents the sword's might.

On the other hand, as Gandalf's mission started as soon as he set foot on Middle-earth, both Arnor's Gandalf and Gondor's one wield Narya (and even the Blue Mountains' Gandalf). We thus don't find any problem in adapting the proposal to the game, given also that it adds something more without altering the current design (in any way).

Blue, by opening this thread in the first place, it's you who have given the greatest input for this debate to develop, and I'm grateful to you for that. But the final solution had necessarily to be a compromise among our own divergent views and respectful of those famous boundaries. It may may lack something (Glamdring), but I think it's the only viable way to get things done (which is eventually the most important thing). I hope you'll understand. Just think about: not so much time ago, even hinting at possible changes or additions for Gandalf would have been quite impossible. I guess we have all done a marvellous work. The best we could have objectively done.

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #49 am: 4. Jan 2017, 23:01 »
Diewalkure, like I said, if we incorporate the damage boost with Narya, then I guess everything is good since there is no other option according to the individuals on this forum. Thank you and lets go with that.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #50 am: 5. Jan 2017, 12:20 »
And so, at last, this concept is given life. I present Narya to all of you!

Many thanks to all for the precious help in developing this concept. I opened another thread, so that all our contributions here will remain as they are. While showcasing the concept, I explained the alternative for Círdan and illustrated how Narya could work in regards of Gandalf's Ring forms. Now, you should head there and leave your final feedback on the matter  ;)