18. Apr 2024, 19:51 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Power Point Sink Suggestion  (Gelesen 3303 mal)

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
  • "Nothing is true, but... Santa is."
Power Point Sink Suggestion
« am: 23. Dez 2016, 13:23 »
Hello there, Edain mates!

Merry christmas to all, and gratz for 4.4 and the awesome new ring mechanics!

Well, while playing Edain this weekend i noticed that when playing single player skirmish maps, from mid to late-game you get an overwhelming amount of Power points and you dont have anywhere to spend them. ( I had like 136 power points , with all skills bought, after 50min playing Elves).

That said, would be interesting to have a Palantir Power where you could point-sink for minimal progressive buffs. Ill try to breakdown the logic:

* Base power initial cost is 1 (?)
* You can buy the power multiple times, increasing the buff effect.
* Power cost progress geometrically, costing from 1 > 2 > 4 > 8 ...
* Power buffs are always 1%, and additive.
That means that every 1% will change the multiplier, not reapply a percent over the initial. AKA 1% > 2% > 3%
* Buffs are meant to be global.
* Buffs will be capped at level 10 (10th upgrade will cost 512p)
* Cross faction buffs, no unique skills (?)

Some interesting buffs to be considered:
- 1% ARMOR
- 1% ATTACK
- 1% COOLDOWN REDUCTION
- 1% RANGE
- 1% VISION RANGE
- -1% TRAINING COST
- 1% HEALTH
- -1% BUILDING COST
- 1% MAX COMMAND POINTS
- 1% INCOME

And the list goes on. (Any buffs worth mentioning?)

*Not going deep into the lore here, and will leave that to more capable minds that can direct the lore for each buff to the right spot.

*One skill power that allow point-sink would be enough. You could even do like you did with Elves and Galadriel 25% CD passive, but in a progressive manner.

* This whole argument construct suggests a fix for the Power Points accumulation, not change the current spellbook balance and present lore.

*Buffs can be added as flavor values (like vision range and command point cost) if messing with armor/attack will damage the balance too much.

Heres a quick UI scrap:

I dont know how this can affect multiplayer (it could brake balance in many ways) so its far from being a polited idea, but its a idea. XD

Nonetheless, Edain is getting better ( yea, you still found room to improve even more o.0) and im having some honest fun replaying BFME this year. Thanks for that! And for Path of the Edain. that was awsome!

Best regards,

MK

« Letzte Änderung: 23. Dez 2016, 23:41 von magickoala »

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
Re: Power Point Sink Suggestion
« Antwort #1 am: 9. Jan 2017, 17:06 »
I agree with the global idea I always thought that it could be nice to orient your faction to a more aggressive gameplay or economical etc,... I don't think that it would affect so much the balance, every factions could have the same "upgrade powers" but instead costing 2 it would cost for example 10 for the more interesting one and smt like 7 for basic one, and it could gave a higher buff than 1%,... I also think that it should be something that affect the late game,... Maybe an upgrade that allow you to recruit two times the special units or a power that automatically give your units the fifth level,... Something that would be expensive but that orient the player with one strategy or an other,... It could make that you would be able to make the factions allready aggressive more aggressive or more defensive,... Some powers could also make for exemple an advantage and a disadvantage like you are able to recruit units that are allready fully upgraded but then the unit takes two times to be recruited... :)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #2 am: 9. Jan 2017, 17:40 »
This is interesting, although I would rather suggest that the player be able to invest points in the faction's passive power instead of in new powers which would have to be balanced. The only issue I see is whether or not this is possible, it seems like quite a stretch for the game engine, but I'm no modder so we'll have to wait for the confirmation from someone who is.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #3 am: 9. Jan 2017, 18:56 »
This is interesting, although I would rather suggest that the player be able to invest points in the faction's passive power instead of in new powers which would have to be balanced. The only issue I see is whether or not this is possible, it seems like quite a stretch for the game engine, but I'm no modder so we'll have to wait for the confirmation from someone who is.

it was why i suggested passive powers but powers that would be really expensive,... i don't think that power point can be depensed more than one time for each powers ...

esparado87

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Love BFME mods :D
« Antwort #4 am: 9. Jan 2017, 21:39 »
This could be pretty good for single player maps...  (**)

The 7 global power could be like this:

Attack
- +1% UNIT AND HERO DAMAGE
- +1% UNIT AND HERO ABILITY DAMAGE

Defense
- +1% UNIT AND HERO HEALTH
- +1% UNIT AND HERO HEALTH GENERATION

Range
- +1% UNIT, HERO, BUILDING, MECHANICAL SIEGE UNIT AND NAVAL UNIT RANGE
- +1% UNIT, HERO, BUILDING, MECHANICAL SIEGE UNIT AND NAVAL UNIT VISION RANGE

Recharge
- +1% UNIT, HERO AND POWER POINT POWERS COOLDOWN REDUCTION

Training
- +1% REDUCED UNIT AND HERO TRAINING COST
- +1% UNIT AND HERO EXPERIENCE GAIN

Logistics
- +1% REDUCED BUILDING, MECHANICAL SIEGE UNIT AND NAVAL UNIT COST
- +1% BUILDING, MECHANICAL SIEGE UNIT AND NAVAL UNIT DAMAGE
- +1% BUILDING, MECHANICAL SIEGE UNIT AND NAVAL UNIT HEALTH

Economy
- +1% INCOME
- +1% MAX COMMAND POINTS

If there is no way to buy power point powers multiple times, then it should be kinda like this (If there is 100 power points to spend after all the other power point powers are bought):

Attack
- +20% UNIT AND HERO DAMAGE
- +20% UNIT AND HERO ABILITY DAMAGE
(Cost 20 Power points)

Defense
- +20% UNIT AND HERO HEALTH
- +50% UNIT AND HERO HEALTH GENERATION
(Cost 20 Power points)

Range
- +20% UNIT, HERO, BUILDING, MECHANICAL SIEGE UNIT AND NAVAL UNIT RANGE
- +20% UNIT, HERO, BUILDING, MECHANICAL SIEGE UNIT AND NAVAL UNIT VISION RANGE
(Cost 10 Power points)

Recharge
- +20% UNIT, HERO AND POWER POINT POWERS COOLDOWN REDUCTION
(Cost 10 Power points)

Training
- +20% REDUCED UNIT AND HERO TRAINING COST
- +100% UNIT AND HERO EXPERIENCE GAIN
(Cost 10 Power points)

Logistics
- +20% REDUCED BUILDING, MECHANICAL SIEGE UNIT AND NAVAL UNIT COST
- +20% BUILDING, MECHANICAL SIEGE UNIT AND NAVAL UNIT DAMAGE
- +20% BUILDING, MECHANICAL SIEGE UNIT AND NAVAL UNIT HEALTH
(Cost 15 Power points)

Economy
- +20% INCOME
- +1000 MAX COMMAND POINTS
(Cost 15 Power points)

« Letzte Änderung: 11. Jan 2017, 16:54 von esparado87 »

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #5 am: 9. Jan 2017, 22:08 »

i think so :P

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
  • "Nothing is true, but... Santa is."
« Antwort #6 am: 16. Jan 2017, 16:25 »
Zitat

I agree, but the current passives would be underwhelming in the first levels, and the progression would be too punitive to reach the actual buffs (aka going 1-25% for Galadriel CD passive). You could buff the passives, and make the scale start after the current bonuses, but then we hurt the balance, again.

I dont thnk the mechanic would worth the effort if applied just for SP maps. Just too much work.

Im not sure if is possible. Would be something like researching a palantir power that would open a new palantir power that overrides the first in the same UI spot at the Palantir.. That would mean creating 10 tech entries for a 10scale power. Effort. LOL.

its being a while since i looked into BFME files but ill have some fun with it. :D

Zitat

I like the list :) Would be awsome to have it implemented. It would give the opportunity to create *builds*, focused in different aspects of gameplay styles :)

esparado87

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Love BFME mods :D
« Antwort #7 am: 18. Jan 2017, 18:28 »

Zitat

I like the list :) Would be awsome to have it implemented. It would give the opportunity to create *builds*, focused in different aspects of gameplay styles :)

Yeah, and there would be a tad different powers with some factions like:

-Lothlorien have "Logistics" power affecting Ents instead of mechanical siege units.

-Dwarves have "Logistics" power affect mechanical siege units/buildings/naval units INCLUDING battlewagons.

-Mordor have "Attack" and "Defense" power affect units and heroes INCLUDING troll units.

-And mayby some more power variation for other factions...
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Jan 2017, 18:58 von esparado87 »

mycaelspear

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #8 am: 31. Jan 2017, 16:13 »
I would do the global idea and maybe 2-3 unique to each faction upgrades. I love this idea as I too frequently have lots of spare power points when i play with friends. Maybe 1 time upgrades rather then a progressive percent would be best. So like 15% resource boost=10 power points as an example.