19. Mär 2024, 11:27 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Angmar's 10 rings spell (The Fortress of the Iron Crown)  (Gelesen 3715 mal)

The Witch-King of Angmar

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Fear The Iron Crown
Hi everybody  :),
We all know Angmar's final move in its spell book:
         ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                    The Fortress of The Iron Crown
1-All structures and walls gets 25% armor
2-Allies permanently healed inside fortress
3-Enemies inside fortress -25% damage and additionaly -25% armor nearby the Gate
4-Black Knights elite cavalry units become avivable

which is imo not a bad spell but i feel its not that good either considering the fact that its 10 ring spell move.
It can only be used one time in the battle because you need a brand new castle every time you want to use this spell, so its a passive boost to your base but in my opinion its effects does not match up to the other 10 rings moves, however i like how its a 10 rings defense spell, that's a unique thing but its lacking as i was saying.
And i am thinking of 2 ideas maybe one of them is a good solution:
1) add an active ability with a cool down to it, this way there is something that is keep recharging and been used, make the fortress of the iron crown has the ability to lunch an ice meteor like in the original ROTWK as an ability with a cool down, and of course it has a limited range so the meteor can only be used for defending the fortress.
2) Or maybe  making its passive abilities stronger,
i know its strong as it is now but its should make up for 10 rings defense spell move,
which means it must be way better than any other 10 rings spells when it comes to defending your base.
Do you have an idea of what should be added as an active ability to the fortress?
what do think about buffing its passive ones instead of adding an active one?
do you feel its good as it is now and dosent need anything?  tell me your opinion ;)
Kind regards.
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Dez 2016, 20:38 von The Witch-King of Angmar »

kmogon

• "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
Re: Angmar's 10 rings spell (The Fortress of the Iron Crown)
« Antwort #1 am: 24. Dez 2016, 23:30 »
Angmar isn't only faction that has spell "one per game" - I never used Mordor's "Past ages" more than once in game, rohan has his military camp and dwarves has fortress. Additionally Angmar has any passive spells so you can theat it like one of them. BUT I have to agree with you that this spell is a little too weak and need sth. In 3.8.1 Wich King's gifts was in base and I have no idea why ET move them to nazgul.

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #2 am: 24. Dez 2016, 23:46 »
Apart from that: Yes, the spell has no further use after the first cast. However, it's effect never stops which happens to every other spell (apart from "Power of Past Ages", "Summon Citadel" and "Summon Military Camp"), so it still grants a considerable boost. I thus can't agree with your thoughts on this subject.

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

The Witch-King of Angmar

• Fear The Iron Crown
« Antwort #3 am: 24. Dez 2016, 23:50 »
I see your point, while it can only be used one time, its effect last until the end of the battle, thats something to be considered, but that doesnt make up for its weak state, in my opinion it does not match other 10 rings spells, thats why i think it need a little buff.

TheDarkOne

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Ancient evil. Endangered species.
« Antwort #4 am: 25. Dez 2016, 12:00 »
This ability can only provide healing or recruiting an elite cavalry to the advancing Angmar player and even this is a questionable support due to the player's need to stay close to the enemy (or any key position which is far from the camp) as much as possible.

This ability is without any doubt a super buff over a castle which will allow the player to endure the siege. This spell's efficiency becomes very little if there are camps instead of castles. So I have to agree that this ability shall at least be able to affect the battle far away from the a camp or a castle by any means (using a spell over a hero like it was in prev. versions and this was fairly justified because WK of Angmar is sometimes recruited to use this very spell or whatever else).

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 25. Dez 2016, 15:00 »
  • All structures and walls 25% armor
  • Allies permanently healed
(wow ... really? xD)
  • Enemies inside fortress fortress -25% damage and additionaly -25% armor within Gate House
  • Black Knights elite cavalry units become avivable

Preety solid i need to say it can help longer withstand siege if there's no machines. But with Siege update thinks will change so i think this effect become more relevant too let's wait with this till siege update and we will see how thinks go then. Unless StrongHold give WitchKing additional boost to make him as strong as Mordor WitchKing with all of his buffs from Sauron then im 100% for this improvment xD
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Dez 2016, 17:07 von Slawek56703 »

The Witch-King of Angmar

• Fear The Iron Crown
« Antwort #6 am: 25. Dez 2016, 16:09 »
@Slawek56703, Thanks for the screenshot now i will make the abilities more clear in the suggestion.

I agree that it can be pretty useful against enemy troops, but the only time it gets 100% useful is when you are losing, "enemys inside the base deal 25% less damage" (which means catapults are not effected since they destroy everything from outside)

If the enemy is already inside and destroying your buildings what would you go for?
1) fortress of the iron crown? or 2)any one of these: army of the dead,  Isengard unleashed, balrog, imladres' water horses spell(cant remember its name), last allaiance,etc...?

Not to forget the spells i mentioned can be used when attacking enemy castles as well, while this wk's strong hold is meant to be used only for defending which means it should be better than any other 10 rings spell move when it come to defending your base and yet it cant be better or even as good as them.

If the team made the stronghold able to upgrade a hero like in 3.8 it was pretty good,
or when you unlock the fortress of iron crown the witch-king will be able to upgrade the heroes instead of having it as level 7 ability for him(this way they will still get their upgrades by him not the fortress it fits much more), i miss his old ability from 3.8 when he unleash his dark wave of sorcery to kill all unites around him it was pretty badass how he unleash so much darkness, maybe his old ability can get back as level 7(or more) and "upgrading heroes" ability get fused with the fortress of the iron crown spell move so the WK can only upgrade his generals when you have his strong hold, this way the witch king will be better as mass slayer(since he got his old ability) and The fortress of the iron crown spell move will be more useful.