28. Mär 2024, 11:37 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Unit Proposal: Woodmen of Anduin  (Gelesen 16864 mal)

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
Re: Unit Proposal: Woodmen of Anduin
« Antwort #30 am: 7. Feb 2017, 18:53 »
This is a pretty good concept, I like it!
On a related note, there's a small discussion on Brief Lothlorien Suggestions about making Palace Guards heroic units and maybe replacing lorien pikes with a mirkwood equivalent. Could this concept be implemented with that in some way? Maybe having the Woodsmen be the main pikemen to prevent cavalry rushes while the Palace Guards become late game?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #31 am: 7. Feb 2017, 19:37 »
Yes, the prime intent is having Woodsmen available as an early defence. But I don't see them as a replacement for pikemen. I will explain my ideas in the brief suggestions thread  ;)

Elessar_The_King

• Hobbit
« Antwort #32 am: 8. Feb 2017, 13:25 »
Hello I'm AragornIIElessar from Moddb!

I really like this idea! Fredius, that's just prefect! Fitting Lothlórien with a medium spear unit, that could efficiently repel cavalry and monsters.

May I suggest giving him even more versatility? They could use shortbows, thus not having a big range but dealing decent damages against regular enemies,  such as orc infantry.

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #33 am: 8. Feb 2017, 13:39 »
It took me a bit to really like this idea, but I have come to the conclusion that I am for this idea.  I would like to see Beornings as Elite units.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #34 am: 8. Feb 2017, 14:42 »
Sorry for reacting just now guys, I have been very busy of late.

In any case thank you all for agreeing on this idea, I will add your beautifull names to the list xD.

Tirano

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #35 am: 9. Feb 2017, 20:37 »
me to! i support your idea

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #36 am: 10. Feb 2017, 15:29 »
Gotcha, added you to the list ;).

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #37 am: 11. Feb 2017, 11:13 »
Fredius, due to a recent turn of Edain community events, I have to take back my negative words from before.  ;) This proposal has a lot of value in it for the following reason.

Great concept that could be well combined with another proposal, such that its implementation makes more sense. I am in favour.

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #38 am: 11. Feb 2017, 12:35 »
I agree with Garlodur points thus i'm in favour for this concept.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #39 am: 11. Feb 2017, 13:47 »
And yet another 2 names are added to the list xD. Thanks guys.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #40 am: 11. Feb 2017, 15:46 »
I'm really glad that we managed to reinvent things and give this proposal new oxygen to breathe. Garlodur, the intention of rendering the Woodsmen a suitable anti-cavalry early defence has always been of great importance since the initial shaping of the recent suggestions concerning Palace Guards. But our opinions diverge about the inclusion of regular lancers and the new role of the very Palace Guards.

I'm going to address these issues in the brief suggestions thread (later), or, better, in the new thread I am soon to open (as I anticipated some days ago). Regardless of differences of intent, many thanks to all who deemed the topic worthy of being debated  :)

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #41 am: 21. Jan 2019, 10:14 »
Personally I think that Lothlorien shouldn't be as big in terms of different Middle-earth races as Imladris, which is open to all good beings, to Hobbits, Dunedains, Tom Bombadil, their kin from Lindon ... but Lothlorien is mysterious woodland kingdom, Mirkwood isn't too mysterious, but still closed for others, like Lothlorien. Ents are mysterious and stick to their forest, too.
Beornings are implemented mainly because of Hobbit movies, and to be honest bears belong to forest  xD ...
Lack of movie feeling for Men of the Vale Anduin is quite obstacle for me, but mainly I think that there wouldn't be so unique like giant trees, big bears, or elves riding deers ... they would be just men ...
If beornings are problem, too strong or too frequent on the battle-field, then I am also for heroic unit implementation ... or for late game role - The Beorninger-Hut for the first level would serve as economy building and since level two or three recruitment of beornings would be available. But I am quite fine how they work now, although I would strenghten their trample, little bit.
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Jan 2019, 14:04 von Tiberius Ogden »

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #42 am: 21. Apr 2020, 19:13 »
The faction of Lorien in Edain meant to holiness of trees in Tolkien universe. I agree Tiberius about mystery of Mirkwood; wood elves, Ents and Beorns are natural parts of this faction.

However i would love to see every living tribe (even snow men of Forochel) of Middle Earth in the mod.  So i support the implementation of Woodmen of Anduin but as i stated above, they are not first settlers of the faction. Thus, propose to re-function their mechanic such as:

In the power tree, 5pp Defenders of Mirkwood spell has a new passive change with a power point which enables to recruit Woodmen of Anduin through Beorning Homestead.

They have a defensive role in their forest and don't belong anywhere else, as known. About the unit and other matters, Fredius already explained how they should be. Finally i am for their existance.

Best regards.
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Apr 2020, 19:25 von tolgayurdal »

dkbluewizard2

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #43 am: 7. Mai 2020, 02:39 »
I love this idea!

Add me to the FAVOR List!

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #44 am: 25. Mai 2020, 21:36 »
Heh I'm not sure if the general idea is still applicable with the massive changes that came with 4.5, but for the heck of it I will just add your names to the list. Who knows, maybe someday we will see the Woodmen represented in the mod :).