28. Mär 2024, 20:03 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Narya  (Gelesen 37974 mal)

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
Re: Narya
« Antwort #15 am: 5. Jan 2017, 18:53 »
Amazing idea as always, DieWälkure! I'm for this suggestion, for me a stance system is always a simple but deep change, and this will be both deep gameplay and lore-wise!

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #16 am: 5. Jan 2017, 20:00 »
 Slawek56703 Saruman did have a ring, but it wasn't as good as Narya's however, it would be interesting to incorporate that...
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #17 am: 5. Jan 2017, 21:33 »
Slawek56703 Saruman did have a ring, but it wasn't as good as Narya's however, it would be interesting to incorporate that...

I mean something else for example when heroes change thier stance to agressive they get additional damage but weaker armor in case of Gandalf Nayra power replace that but heroes like Radagast and Saruman get increased damage in melee attack where instead increased would be thier abilities damage . To be honest it is minor think they would need to have thier stances description changed to increased / decreased ability damage depending on stance.Maybe it is not even worth to be implement becouse only Wizard would use this and there aren't many of them.

Google friend found Saruman Ring sadly i he no idea what role he would have

Is this Saruman Ring ?
 xD

Sawman

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #18 am: 5. Jan 2017, 21:51 »
I am For any buff to Gandalf

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #19 am: 5. Jan 2017, 22:26 »
Slawek56703 I don't think Saruman should get as good of stats or abilities from his ring as it was not as good as any of the three. However, to see his ring incorporated as an ability might be interesting for Saruman.

Yeah Gandalf and wizards in general have been lagging a bit Sawman. Narya should help Gandalf a lot now.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #20 am: 6. Jan 2017, 00:15 »

Slawek56703 I don't think Saruman should get as good of stats or abilities from his ring as it was not as good as any of the three. However, to see his ring incorporated as an ability might be interesting for Saruman.

Sorry but u need totally misunderstood what i was talking about sorry again for confuse u maybe my post was broken or something i try to explain what i wanted to say in first post.

Zitat
If only Saruman stances increase/decrease his abilities damage instead of melee damage that would fit Wizard Class more too

By this i mean Stances used by units , Heroes and Monster  even machines.

We have 3 stance Agressive , Defensive and normal all of them give diffrent bonuses .

Agressive increase damage but lower armor / Defensive increase armor but lower damage

I wanted Saruman instead increase and decrease damage of his melee weapon attack so he could increase and decrease damage of his abilities damage depending on what stance he is .

This was minor idea for Wizard Class hahaha they still would have increased damage and health by leveling up

The pic i posted was from freaking Ebay ^^ :D  i was interested if Saruman really had Ring. Sorry again for trouble and sorry dkbluewizard with mistake with what i said

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #21 am: 6. Jan 2017, 03:06 »
Thank you all for the very positive feedback. I'm going to translate the proposal in German in due time, so that we are able to know the opinion of the German-speaking users of the forum; hopefully, they'll see the good purposes of Narya's repatriation too. Many thanks again for the support.

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #22 am: 6. Jan 2017, 03:24 »
Diewalkure, I can't see why the Germans would be against this idea. You, Haman, and I all had input and this just makes sense. Good luck friend and may the light of the Valar be with you.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #23 am: 6. Jan 2017, 14:57 »
I don't like this proposal for a few reasons. First of all I don't like this stance swap thingy, but that's probably just me. It gets thrown around too much currently, I feel; Thranduil and Sauron already have it and now Gandalf should get it too?
Second, I don't like Narya to be implemented this way. Lordoflinks already pointed out why. Gandalf doesn't use Narya to power himself, but to lead others. Of course he mustn't have a leadership due to his role as a mass slayer as Walküre already stated, even though if there ever was a character in LotR who deserves such an ability it would probably be Gandalf. But he doesn't need something else just to get Narya in there somehow when a leadership isn't available.
And lastly, I can already tell you that a 50% damage boost on his abilities is way over the top - some of you guys have access to the beta, you should know what I'm talking about. ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #24 am: 6. Jan 2017, 15:47 »
Thank you for sharing your own opinions, Elendil. First of all, we opted for a stance system because it was the only viable way to implement such significant feature, without disrupting the hero's iconic abilities (something that we were told would never happen). Furthermore, I find the idea of a particular stance system, in dealing with each faction's mightiest heroes, a very clever addition, provided that each system is enough unique in itself and that we don't risk to have unnecessary replicas of concepts in the game. In this sense, Sauron's, Thranduil's and this proposal's mechanics are substantially different from each other. Different mechanics, different effects and different lore-related references. That's the most important thing.

Concerning the leadership issue, we were also expressly told that Gandalf would never be granted that either, for the reasons you too have stated above. It's not also completely true that Narya is only focused on inspiring hope and courage in other people: as the very Círdan says, the Ring of Fire protects also the bearer from the burdens of its mission and strengthens endurance. In fact, contrary to the physical and vast magical effects of Vilya and Nenya, Narya is exactly the only one of the Three which is majorly focused on the individual who wields it. So, for the sake of the concept, we decided to consider this fundamental aspect of the Ring's properties. As much as I hold Gandalf's overall role in high consideration, I think he could easily do without any leadership/guidance features too, since his nature is also the one of a wanderer and a pilgrim.

About values, every positive effect implies other negative implications, and I tried to make sure to balance things within my possibilities. Nothing is obviously written in the stone though. Numbers and values can always change. The central aspect is the concept itself. In the end, I would say this proposal is a lot better alternative than the current state of things, which not only is totally wrong in regards of the lore and quite far from the tone of the game (the War of the Ring), but it also doesn't do justice to Narya in the first place (a level-1 ability). I find a stance system (which involves one of the Three Rings!) tied to Gandalf's magical shield an absolutely greater and more interesting perspective. A very Edain-ish proposal  :)

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #25 am: 6. Jan 2017, 18:55 »
I know i already agreed with this idea but... i totaly forgot that Cirdan get some heavy rework in next version and this can become problematic a little to implement this idea and Arnor faction have Gandalf and Cirdan to soo ... it seems more than one person get Nayra abilities .  :o (uhh i hate myself)

Edit: I'm blind  8-|
Zitat
Cirdan will get a new concept in version 4.5 making him more usefull for Rivendell
What is this mean ? Didn't mentioned Arnor ? A new hero ???

Zitat
-Lvl 1: Narya's Inspiration- Cirdan uses his Ring to kindle fiery courage in the heart of his allies. Units around Cirdan gain +25% armor. When the ability is activated the bonus will be increased to +50% armor and damage. However, once the duration of the ability expires the passive leadrship will be disabled until the ability is fully recharged.

This ability remains unchanged, it is reminiscent of the power that the Ring of Narya gives the user, not in magical strength or destructive might but rather in the ability to kindle the fires of battle even in the most cowardly of beings. Giving the player the chance to decide between a lesser constant armor buff or a greater temporary armor and damage boost, perhaps strong enough to turn the tide of battle in favor of Imladris.

Please DieWalküre dont kill me  :o for this
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Jan 2017, 19:13 von Slawek56703 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #26 am: 6. Jan 2017, 19:56 »
Thank you for your concern, Slawek, but I had already in mind that ability of Círdan, when we started conceiving the concept. In the presentation post of this page, I already suggested what to do with Círdan.

Zitat
Círdan's current ability (involving the Ring of Fire) will be simply renamed Gift of the Sea. As for the icon picture, I guess an image of the Grey Havens or of the Sea itself will do fine.

The effects of that ability will thus remain unaltered, while lore accuracy shall be restored. As Círdan himself says, the Sea is his only interest.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #27 am: 6. Jan 2017, 20:22 »
I was waiting to see how the idea would evolve, and the latest explanation in the lore behind the ability from DieWalkure removed the last issue I had with that concept. I'm for this proposal
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
« Antwort #28 am: 7. Jan 2017, 10:37 »
You should make a poll as i made :P

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #29 am: 7. Jan 2017, 13:50 »
You should make a poll as i made :P

I think there is no need for a poll. Polls serve well to know people's opinions about quite wide and vast themes. This detailed and structured proposal, on the other hand, had absolutely to be discussed thoroughly and then presented in a final shape. In this case, thus, what matters are the arguments behind the proposal and the reasons the participants have brought during the debate. Therefore, the Edain Team can plainly see how the discussion developed, the contributions of each user and the final outcome. It's everything they need to know.

10/15 people voting for an option (without adding anything more) can do very little, if a concept has not been discussed appropriately and so polished. I do have in mind some polls that I will probably open in the future, but they involve different topics  :)

Anyway, most importantly, what do you think about Narya being returned to Gandalf?