28. Mär 2024, 17:38 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Narya  (Gelesen 37969 mal)

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re: Narya
« Antwort #30 am: 7. Jan 2017, 22:02 »
I love the way Narya is to be implemented, especially if the proposal is taken as it is now. I think everyone did a great job.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #31 am: 7. Jan 2017, 22:30 »
I finally translated the proposal in German. We can now only hope that the concept will get into the game. As I did with the German version of this thread, I will add these pictures, which show how much significant the magical shield was in two very iconic scenes of the 6-chapter saga  ;)

« Letzte Änderung: 7. Jan 2017, 22:35 von DieWalküre »

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #32 am: 8. Jan 2017, 00:32 »
You have my vote, Walk.

I want Narya to be implemented with its rightful and actual owner. With the unclarity surrounding Narya's powers I feel this is not a compromise but a more free interpretation that fits the premises already build around Gandalf. A leadership aspect simply does not fit here.

Some of the numbers need to be tweaked but this is obviously a task for the core team and the balance testers.

In short, I am FOR this proposal.

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #33 am: 12. Jan 2017, 21:23 »
Agree

Btw hope Saruman get also great stances... ^^
"Viva México"

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #34 am: 14. Jan 2017, 15:20 »
I agree with this proposal as well. Nice to see new things suggested and even added to the mod. I'm FOR it! :) Nicely done.

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #35 am: 15. Jan 2017, 17:48 »
Why would Saruman get a special stance change? He didn't have anything as powerful as Narya. I agree that he is more powerful innately than anyone on the White Council (why he leads it), but otherwise he doesn't have anything.

His Many Colors upgrade already represents his boost in power.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #36 am: 16. Jan 2017, 10:16 »
I agree with Blue, in the sense that I don't think Saruman should really need a particular stance system, and I guess the hero's concept is already well defined (I think it would thus be tough to come up with some additions to propose). Nevertheless, should anyone have suggestions to share, just head to the suggestion board that relates to Isengard.

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #37 am: 19. Jan 2017, 18:09 »
After thinking for a long time, i decided to support Narya's new function. Leadership could be OP for Gandalf and his role does not lose a thing with this usage. Maybe giving Narya from Cirdan to Gandalf can be add to spellbook.

However i am against the idea that Gandalf the Grey and Gandalf the White have the same abilities. Especially WoP even more Istari Light do not fit to Greyhame. During Hobbit triology and FotR (when Gandalf was still the Grey) we saw for many times that he creates a small earthshake with his staff. It might not as powerfull as WoP but it is iconic in all films. Also instead of Istari Light, Dwarven Gandalf's last ability can be used. As a result there must be a difference between Gandalf the Grey and White, he is not the same person after being the White.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #38 am: 19. Jan 2017, 18:42 »
It's very likely to infer that Gandalf's abilities will never change, regardless of the reasons behind possible proposals that tread this hopeless path. The reason is very simple and much intuitive: his five iconic features are the core of his concept and are an extremely iconic remnant from the past of the BFME series, when the Istar used to be the mightiest hero of the game. Altering the current state of things, to have more differentiation between his two forms, is not honestly worth being accomplished. That's a quite imperative limitation that we in fact had to bear in mind very carefully.

Many thanks for the support. I will add your name to the list of the people in favour of this concept.

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #39 am: 20. Jan 2017, 04:48 »
Many thanks for the support. I will add your name to the list of the people in favour of this concept.
[/quote]

Did you add my name to the list already Diewalkure?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #40 am: 20. Jan 2017, 11:34 »
Did you add my name to the list already Diewalkure?

Just look at the first and main presentation post of the thread. All the people listed in green are the ones in favour of the proposal. Your name is among them.

The Witch-King of Angmar

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Fear The Iron Crown
« Antwort #41 am: 24. Jan 2017, 21:50 »
I like how the idea does not change any of Gandalf's abilities nor add more ones, just a stance system that give the ring of fire its right place without effecting the iconic Gandalf we know, but I dont find it logical that Narya will get boosted when finding the one ring and I think it should not play any role in Gandalf the Corrupted at least not in the way you mentioned, overall I am for this idea.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #42 am: 25. Jan 2017, 02:00 »
I'm glad that you like the concept  ;)

Regarding the Ring forms, I chose the solutions I deemed suitable for such particular cases. I know that Narya being enhanced by the One Ring or being turned by it into a dreadful flame-emanating tool are something that stretches the lore considerably, but you have to bear in mind that Ring forms are highly what-if situations themselves. Henceforth, what I did was finding a decent result that would do justice to the gameplay (people always expect unique things, once the One Ring is found).

In a purely game-oriented perspective, the One Ring thus mutates the nature of Narya and transforms its secret fire of endurance in fire of destruction (the way the Evil uses this element on a regular basis). Nenya too gets really destructive, if it is in the hands of the Dark Queen; or, just like Vilya was able to conjure a massive tornado in past versions of the Edain Mod, when Elrond wielded Sauron's evil artefact. I thus find these suggestions more than legitimate, especially if they are applied to the exceptional context of Ring forms. One should nonetheless remember that Ring forms are not the norm in the game, and having Narya be marred by the One Ring was definitely not the main priority and purpose of mine, while conceiving the whole proposal  :)

Astapor

• Hobbit
  • Lord Astapor
« Antwort #43 am: 25. Jan 2017, 14:32 »
I am for this proposal, it is perfect.
The Black Lieutenant, Faithless and Accursed, The Messenger, The Mouth, Voice of the Abhorred Dead Titles Lieutenant of Barad-dûr, Messenger of Mordor, Emissary of the Dark Lord, Ambassador of Sauron, Captain of the Black Uruks, the "Mannish Lieutenant" of all Orcs of Mordor

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #44 am: 25. Jan 2017, 16:52 »
I am for this proposal, it is perfect.

A very brief yet explanatory of a statement. Thank you for your passionate endorsement, both here and on ModDB  ;)