19. Apr 2024, 17:52 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Narya  (Gelesen 38577 mal)

koh11

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Narya
« Antwort #45 am: 26. Jan 2017, 06:01 »
I am sorry if I am late to this but holy crap that's an amazing concept for incorporating Narya into Gandalf's skillset. Much love goes to whoever thought of this!

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
« Antwort #46 am: 26. Jan 2017, 10:57 »
unequivocally supports. At last I hope Gandalf will receive a welcome boost and we will be able to enjoy 4.5. !
+1

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #47 am: 26. Jan 2017, 15:07 »
I am sorry if I am late to this but holy crap that's an amazing concept for incorporating Narya into Gandalf's skillset. Much love goes to whoever thought of this!

No one is late, because every answer is well welcome. This concept was born from a very insightful debate among English users, whose main theme was finding some solutions to make Gandalf more canonical indeed; in particular, bearing in mind the complications of the matters involved, we eventually decided to centre everything on Narya (the only viable way). The final structure of the concept was conceived by me and Haman, but the generalities of the concept are based on that said discussion, started by Blue and attended by many other users equally  ;)

unequivocally supports. At last I hope Gandalf will receive a welcome boost and we will be able to enjoy 4.5. !
+1

Many thanks to both of you for the support.

Ectheldir

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #48 am: 27. Jan 2017, 17:28 »
I also really like this idea, but I would implement a little cooldown for the ability to change the Narya-stances, else players will just activate the aggressive stance every time they cast a spell and switch back to the defensive right afterwards to get the most out of Gandalfs spells (which are his main source of damage) and still don't risk him.

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #49 am: 27. Jan 2017, 17:56 »
I agree with Ectheldir's suggestion (if it's technically possible of course).

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #50 am: 27. Jan 2017, 18:04 »
I'm really glad you like this proposal, Ectheldir. However, I'm not in favour of such a boundary for the feature. First of all, I'm not so sure if it's technically feasible; then, I think it would cause the whole system to be too much constrained. Narya is supposed to avail Gandalf in very immediate situations of emergency too. And if he can make usage of its advantages, he also faces the related risks. Just imagine how a player could target the very Gandalf, when he's performing his spells and he's thus very vulnerable (if the offensive stance is activated). Less defence and the complete deactivation of his magical shield.

koh11

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #51 am: 29. Jan 2017, 00:32 »
There is one thing I would like to know which i feel should be clearly stated. How much will Gandalf's bubble cooldown reduce to in Defensive stance? Like is it activated every 15 seconds vs 30 normally?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #52 am: 29. Jan 2017, 00:44 »
Yes, that's the idea. I didn't go into details very much, because I didn't know the exact values and the mechanics of the very feature (the magical shield). Also, add to this the fact that the protection offered by the shield will be higher (more effective) under the effect of the defensive stance (compared to the normal one). These are the generalities of the concept. If you need more specific data (numbers, statistics,...), I can't unfortunately help you in this field.

Anyone acquainted with the mechanics of the shield is very welcome to provide some insights.

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #53 am: 29. Jan 2017, 05:42 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #54 am: 29. Jan 2017, 14:55 »
Thank you for unveiling the arcane secrets of the bubble shield, Slawek  ;)

As I previously stated, the defensive stance does activate the shield more frequently, and this very feature is mainly aimed at protecting Gandalf from heroes and monsters. The normal stance retains the current (balanced) system, while the aggressive stance has the magical shield completely deactivated. Obviously, definitive values are a matter that ultimately pertains to the Edain Team. I'm confident in a just result.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #55 am: 10. Mai 2017, 12:15 »
I'm a bit in late  :D, but i want to express my vote absolutly in FAVOUR of this concept for many reasons. The concept is well studied, lore-loyal, and i think it fullfills and underlines the role of gandalf as a mass-slayer:
- the aggressive stance gives a real magic improvement to be really effective against masses.
- more than anything else: the defensive stance it's finally REALLY able to protect Gandalf. With the current status sometime if you forgot only for few seconds to look at him in battle probably it will be slayed very quickly: beside loosing his support and magic you also quickly waste 3000 resources which is very tedious especially in early and middle phase of the game.

So, my dear DieWalkure, i say it also in Italian: inseriscimi nella lista dei favorevoli  :) :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #56 am: 10. Mai 2017, 13:57 »
And I shall say to you, dear Aulë: È un onore per me aggiungere il tuo nome alla lista :)

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #57 am: 10. Mai 2017, 23:07 »
I like idea make Gandalf more interesting hero and more usefull compared with Galadriel and Saruman. But with new spellbook he get a buff, so his agro stance and spellbook passive  should scale and maybe blast should kill some non upgraded elite units, with low cd that should be way too op play against. But like idea, maybe you should litle rework it. My suggestion is to keep his deffensive stande i think shield but agro stance should do something different, maybe include Glamdring as some aoe dmg with his basic attacks he already have his awsome attack animation. And one thing more, prevent his cd back when he is in deffensive stance to balance all those things.
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #58 am: 11. Mai 2017, 00:19 »
I'm really glad that you like the general concept we have conceived with much difficulty. I was absolutely aware of the boost that the new spellbook would bring (I am a Beta Tester too), at the time, but I didn't find the fact that impacting for this concept: if it's a matter of balance, issues could always be settled via the adjustment of numbers and values. This is a task I shall gently leave in the hands of the Edain Team. Regarding a possible conceptual modification of the very proposal, I don't think the final design we have come up with should be changed in any way. It is the simplest yet smartest compromise we could have found, operating in a good deal tougher context as Gandalf's character is. Addressing your idea more in detail, Glamdring is already well represented by Lightning Sword at the moment; the iconic ability from BFME1. Not only would implementing it in the stance be redundant, but also quite disruptive for the whole system. I hope you will understand these reasons :)

I like idea make Gandalf more interesting hero and more usefull compared with Galadriel and Saruman.

If you have a quick look at my forum signature, you will notice that I thought about Galadriel as well, so that she might be more interesting ;)

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #59 am: 11. Mai 2017, 01:29 »
Yeah You have right, maybe that Glamdring isnt best idea because Narya most be included in stance but I think there isnt good to have two thing with same effect, spell book magic dmg bonus + agro stance magic dmg bonus, that is thing of bad gameplay design. One of those two bonuses should be changed, maybe make spellbook power to give some aoe basic attack, because Gandalf the White show his skill with sword in defense of Minas Tirith. But there should be problem because Gandalf gets magic dmg buff in 1. lvl with his stances what is not that great in terms of gameplay balance, but that could be solved with scaling damage of abilitys with Gandalfs levels.

I think some people already point to this thing, everybody will change into agro stance use abilities than swap into deff, and that should be permanent buff to abilities, and that could be problem, technically You did nothing but buff Gandalf or make him a little bit harder to use what is not thing we need in mod. So there should be some cooldown to swap stances or what I already suggested to make his defensive stance stop his abilities to getting from cooldown or something like that makes cooldowns longer.
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"