29. Mär 2024, 13:03 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Faction-specific CTDs and Instant Victory bugs...??? Ôo  (Gelesen 2093 mal)

Mateiyu

• Bilbos Festgast
Hi all !

I've been playing Edain 4.4.1 since July (late comer, I know), and apart from a few CTDs now and then, it was running smoothly.

But recently, I have two major separate issues :
 - whenever I play with the Lothlorien faction, I can play for several minutes (around 40 give or take ?), and then the game crashes ("BFME has stopped working, etc...") ; this only happens with Lothlorien ;
 - when I try to play with Rohan or Arnor on a map I already played on before (hours or months before), I get an instant victory after a few seconds of game (not enough to actually do anything in-game) ;

On the other hand, I have no issues with the Gondor faction whatsoever (as of yet anyways). I haven't tried Mordor, Isengard or Angmar in a few weeks (too much work).

Anybody know what I should do ? Thanks !

Mateiyu

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Faction-specific CTDs and Instant Victory bugs...??? Ôo
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Jan 2017, 19:32 »
If anyone is wondering, I kinda solved the issues...

It turns out the first one was a result of my own carelessness : a remnant of an old badly deleted mod was interfering with Edain on some maps, and caused the instant victory with all factions but Gondor.

The second one has disappeared thus far. I suspect it is/was a game engine issue (those Lothlorien CTDs were on big maps with loads of enemies and troops and visual elements in general) or a corrupted (because of overuse) save.