28. Mär 2024, 16:06 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Battle at the Hornburg: Proposal  (Gelesen 3288 mal)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Battle at the Hornburg: Proposal
« am: 12. Jan 2017, 20:26 »
The Hornburg is the great fortress of Rohan which has protected its people in their times of need. Set against the Glittering Caves, it is a mighty fortification on which the enemies of Rohan have failed to siege. It was there that Rohan fought for its survival against the armies of Isengard during the Third Age. The forces of Rohan pushed back Saruman's army (on their own and no Haldirs were harmed in the process) into the Forest of Huorns that had formed behind the army following Treebeard decision to lay siege to Isengard.

This RPG aims to recreate that mighty battle of the Third Age which decided the fate of Rohan. Now, no matter how evil I am even I cannot go against the lore set by Tolkien and in the end the army of Isengard will be defeated and the men of Dunland will lay down their arms before Theoden. So don't expect any surprises on that side, what you can expect surprises on is the finer details of the battles since Tolkien's works are often greedy in details, this is where most of the work will be done. For now, anybody can post below which role they wish to take in this battle. As for me, I am still split between only mediating the forces of Isengard or perhaps also taking part in the defense of Helm's Deep in addition.

It is recommended to pick the roles of named characters that were present in the books which restricts the spectrum of choices but also gives a much larger amount of choices within that spectrum of men of Rohan and heroes of the Lord of the Rings. For all those that need to brush up on their history I've included a friendly list of differences between the movies and the books to avoid any confusion:
  • Eomer is present in the Hornburg, it is Erkenbrand that leads the reinforcements (on foot) with Gandalf
  • Hama is not killed by Wargs but instead slayed defending the gate
  • Haldir and his elves do not come to Rohan's aid, Helm's Deep is entirely defended by Rohan's people
  • Aragorn has already claimed Anduril
That's all I remember so far, I'll add more as they come back to me or as others suggest them. So post below if you wish to participate and what character you wish to participate as.

Current Players:
Elite_Kryptik : Theoden
DieWalkure: Gandalf
The_Necromancer0: Isengard Army and perhaps a defender of Helm's Deep
(TBA)
Fine: Aragorn
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Jan 2017, 12:43 von The_Necromancer0 »
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: Battle at the Hornburg: Proposal
« Antwort #1 am: 12. Jan 2017, 21:30 »
Dibs on Theoden
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 12. Jan 2017, 23:30 »
Any new project is absolutely welcome here! Unfortunately, I'm not as versed in the happenings involved as I am in the Elven lore, for example. If there is a possibility, though, I would be really glad to participate  :)

I reserve Gandalf for myself, for now. If no one has any objection, of course.

Fine

• Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #3 am: 30. Jan 2017, 12:17 »
I would love to write from Aragorn's perspective, if that is all right with you.
RPG:

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #4 am: 30. Jan 2017, 12:43 »
Of course, I've added you to the list.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/