29. Mär 2024, 05:48 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Trolls of The White Hand - exist in the books?  (Gelesen 2518 mal)

The Witch-King of Angmar

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Fear The Iron Crown
Greetings,
I have read in so many places on the internet that Saruman's army contained heavy armored strong trolls who can endure sun light, that really got my intention, but I wanted to be sure if this is true or not, so I thought this is the right place to ask, since Edain community contains many of lore experts like walkure, can anyone confirm or deny this information ?

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Re: The Trolls of The White Hand - exist in the books?
« Antwort #1 am: 22. Jan 2017, 18:29 »
Nope, it's a myth, Saruman has never used Trolls of any kind in the books. However, I wouldn't leave out the possibility of him using Trolls at some point if Isengard became more and more powerfull.

The Witch-King of Angmar

• Fear The Iron Crown
« Antwort #2 am: 22. Jan 2017, 21:49 »
Okay, thanks for your answer :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 23. Jan 2017, 00:25 »
I have read in so many places on the internet that Saruman's army contained heavy armored strong trolls who can endure sun light, that really got my intention, but I wanted to be sure if this is true or not, so I thought this is the right place to ask, since Edain community contains many of lore experts like walkure, can anyone confirm or deny this information ?

Thank you very much for holding me in such high regard, but I have to admit that what I'm particularly acquainted with is the ancient Elven lore and the fundamental pillars that sustain the whole mythology: that is, the main essence of things, archetypes or recurrent themes. On the matter, I agree with Fredius. I've never heard of trolls under the control of Saruman, nor do I believe they're well suited for the tone of the faction either.

The Witch-King of Angmar

• Fear The Iron Crown
« Antwort #4 am: 25. Jan 2017, 11:56 »
I also think they dont fit in Isengard, thats why I am glad they are not in the books, thank you for your answers guys, feel free to lock or delete this topic.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 25. Jan 2017, 12:32 »
This thread shall thus be locked, for there is not the premise to continue the discussion anymore. Don't worry though, because nothing will be permanently deleted, unless it violates the rules of the forum.

--- LOCKED ---