29. Mär 2024, 07:39 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New Troll Designs  (Gelesen 2394 mal)

Shadowlord

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • “Farewell sweet earth and northern sky”
New Troll Designs
« am: 4. Mär 2017, 04:24 »
I know its going to be a while until new annoucements for the Misty Mountain faction are made. This is more of a idea for what could be implemented in the future if the team so wishes to use it. Would it be possible to redesign the Hill/Snow trolls for future versions of the game, I am not familiar enough with the books to say that the Hill/Snow Trolls are apart of Tolkein canon but it would be cool to see them represented in the Misty Mountains faction. (Yes I know the Hill trolls are summonable for Angmar for now at least).

The reasons why I think these trolls should be in the Misty Mountains faction, include.
Misty Mountains is supposed to be a coalition of the various species that inhabit the regions of the North, it would be great to implement various Troll species in the Misty Mountains factions as a way to reflect the vast reach the faction has had.

So here are some redesigns for the trolls that I think could make them look better.

Snow Trolls:

Although the Yeti inspired design of the Snow Trolls looks cool by itself. Looking at their models, it doesn't scream the term Troll to me. For one they are too small compare to other trolls. Secondly their look lacks the primal design that makes most trolls look intimidating. Personally I think Snow Trolls should look intimidating, and their designs resembling an Albino animal. The following pictures I think reflect what a Snow Troll redesign should be.

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/25/24491/33b_Snow_Trolls.jpg

Yes these are lower rez models but the concept behind them would make for a cool redesign. Pale Skin, white fur, and yellow eyes. As compared with the War of the North version which is just a troll with a brown rag on his hand, which I think is lame.
Also I don't hate the Snow Troll model from ROTWK

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c257/GriffinPainting/snowtroll01.jpg

Here's another design that I think would fit the snow trolls really well.

Hill Trolls:

My gripe with the Hill Trolls is that I designs don't fit the theme that most of the troll species follows. For one they look too humanoid, secondly their faces and mouths look really weird and goofy. Thirdly they look too similar to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
The Hill Trolls should look more primal as well as having earthy textures and colors that reflect their name. These suggestions I think would fit more of the primal nature associated with Hill Trolls.

http://pre13.deviantart.net/f4cc/th/pre/f/2011/220/6/e/hill_troll_by_jonhodgson-d45ucbn.jpg

Obviously don't include the nose and feel free to change the equipment.

http://www.thelandofshadow.com/mordorgate/2darkservants/trolls/trolltext5.jpg

This would also be a cool design to capture the barbaric nature of hill trolls. Even if it does look a little humanoid. The brown skin color I also think serves as a nice contrast to the grayish green outer skin.

Anyways its up to the team whether Hill Trolls/Snow Trolls will even be implemented in future patches. But I think would be a shame to just scrap them even if said trolls are lore inaccurate.

DaGeggo

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
  • A subba Sach!
Re: New Troll Designs
« Antwort #1 am: 4. Mär 2017, 10:31 »
You are right, that those trolls need a new look. Well, at least the hill troll, which is a really ugly Version even for a troll.
Those pictures are giving a good impression for some new models.

Geh nun und stirb auf die Weise, die dir die beste deucht.

Shadowlord

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • “Farewell sweet earth and northern sky”
Re: New Troll Designs
« Antwort #2 am: 5. Mär 2017, 21:31 »
You are right, that those trolls need a new look. Well, at least the hill troll, which is a really ugly Version even for a troll.
Those pictures are giving a good impression for some new models.

Glad I could help, I just love the trolls in the BFME series so much.Specifically doing Troll rushes with my army of Attack Trolls in BFME 2, so satisfying. I feel like new models would make the Hill/Snow Trolls a lot more memorable and iconic.