18. Apr 2024, 14:55 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Thank You!  (Gelesen 3126 mal)

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
Thank You!
« am: 7. Mär 2017, 12:16 »
In light of all the negative feedback and flak the mod has recieved I just wish to say how much of a wonderful job you have done, and thank you. You have both a professional air, releasing no half finished fractions (Unlike some mods) and having an attention to detail, which can be seen in all the heroes such as the inclusion of the King of the Dead (Who will not be in the age of the ring...); I find some mods do not hold up to close scrutiny but your does and I admire you for making tough decisions such as having Mirkwood be a sub-fraction as it allows greater diversity in the main fractions.
Really I only have two problems, and having so few is a testament to your skill:
1. Angmar Witch-King feels weak and getting the ring does not feel momentous (Although this is mostly subjective and open up to personal opinions)
2. The Dains need to be restored both to ensure better gameplay and lore
Other than that I have no major concerns! Bravo! 
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Re: Thank You!
« Antwort #1 am: 7. Mär 2017, 15:29 »
Hey there,

I just wanted to say, thank you for this post. It feels great to know that there are still people around who appreciate the work that is done and the quality of the mod. We obviously cannot satisfy everyone, but we try very hard nonetheless.

As for your concerns, I have personally tried to debate in favour for change, backed up by a couple of others, but with no definitive response yet. I can't really tell you what is being discussed, but I can tell you that it is being discussed and being looked at, so hopefully something will happen.

Hang tight!
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Mär 2017, 19:58 von Odysseus »
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 7. Mär 2017, 19:07 »
May I thank you as well, lordoflinks, for your kind words and constructive attitude. I can't do anything else but confirm what Odysseus has just pointed out. As you certainly know, some crucial concepts have been recently conceived and presented by the attendees of this forum; we didn't receive a response either, but our endeavour is nonetheless apparent and we are confident that something of our considerable work shall ultimately find a way in the game. Unfortunately, this is a quite daunting period for the Edain Team: constant attention is being given to the forthcoming patch and the relative stakes are thus high. Furthermore, there have been other happenings that slowed the development process down.

I want to assure you that things do progress day by day, and my resolution to advocate our beloved concepts is and will remain staunch. Albeit the difficulty of maintaining such approach, patience is indeed a great virtue that eventually pays off. Thank you again for your dedication, it's really admirable  :)

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
« Antwort #3 am: 7. Mär 2017, 20:05 »
Hello ! I wanted to support "lordoflinkks" for this post (and about the proposal to finalize Dain and WK too). And from myself I want to add: the game itself was released in 2007, and Edain mod even after 10 years is developing and is even going to expand with new ideas of an already good fashion. In the waiting for version 4.5, we can once again make sure that EdainTeam plans a lot of change and new for the game process, which deserve praise. I am sincerely grateful for your work, as true loyalty and love for Tolkien's creation are felt, your work is definitely deserving of admiration as you managed to turn a fashion several times more interesting than the original game itself! !! !! Never stop on what has been achieved and do not change your opinions! Because you are doing great! And as for pesimists, just do not pay attention, you can not please everyone, and it is not a fact that the indignation of the pesimists has an objective foundation for criticism. Just do everything as you planned with an amendment to the proposals of the forum, and then I am sure that this year Edain Mod will again be in the first place! After all, your work deserves it!
The only thing I wanted to ask you, maybe you'll share some news and thoughts about the future xD, because waiting without news simply kills. I sincerely thank you! And I think that the others will agree with me!

Devoted admirer Edain Mod
And sincerely I apologize for my English

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #4 am: 8. Mär 2017, 08:35 »
I'm supporting lordoflinks comment aswell and say thank you myself. I don't know if you are working on this mod on your free time or it's your "job". This mod almost feels like a standalone game itself. And you give us Edain mod for free. AND that is the reason why I'm not negative and won't complain. I'm a patient man and I'm willing to wait for next updates. I support you till the final update.
Dear Edain team - you're awesome!! :D
Good luck! :)

koh11

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 14. Mär 2017, 17:54 »
I'd like to second this post. Although I have not been here on Edain for long, I see some great potential and in my opinion I believe it to be the rightful successor of the B4me 2 franchise more so than Unofficial Patch 2.02. The only constructive criticism I can offer to the Edain team would be to stick closely to the design fundamentals of what Edain is supposed to be and has been up to this point. Please continue balancing and adding new content around this design strategy. Its possible to make mistakes when you are one of the best works out there so keep that in mind and continue to learn from them.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 14. Mär 2017, 22:23 »
The only constructive criticism I can offer to the Edain team would be to stick closely to the design fundamentals of what Edain is supposed to be and has been up to this point.

I share your point of view. The project is definitely based on fundamental guidelines and very defined qualities, such as differentiation, a smart rationalisation of means and elements, a wide variety of strategic possibilities and the list could go on. As you wrote, the challenge will consist of living up to these high standards in the most proper way. A not so easy of a task, yet an undoubtedly noble intention. It's thus quite sad to see how some people (a very vocal minority) could get so nasty and vicious, when the expectations they construct in their own mind are not met; and most of these castles made of paper are in fact backed by very egotistical reasons.

Personally, with the due respect towards the 2.02 patch, with which I'm not very much familiar, I believe the Edain Mod has even transcended its condition of being a Mod itself. It has by now reached, in my opinion, a similar status as an own chapter of the BFME series.

Trapper

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Knappe Rohans
« Antwort #7 am: 16. Mär 2017, 16:16 »
That sure means a lot.  :)
No more words needed.

kingsjewel

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 16. Mär 2017, 20:36 »
There were criticism and discontent recently but still the Edain is the most detailed and most developed mod.
I also thank you!

koh11

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #9 am: 18. Mär 2017, 03:42 »

Personally, with the due respect towards the 2.02 patch, with which I'm not very much familiar, I believe the Edain Mod has even transcended its condition of being a Mod itself. It has by now reached, in my opinion, a similar status as an own chapter of the BFME series.

Indeed it can be so much more still. Keep in mind Edain still has yet to release the final faction so its definitely not the end of the road. I believe the finer points of development on Edain will come after final factions + a finer revamp on some stale aspects of the game (Naval and WOTR comes to mind). A similar example is how the Edain team are currently dealing with Siege and I believe we are all greatly looking forward to it. However, credit is due where its deserved, and the Edain team have set an amazing precedent till this point in terms of what real B4me 3 should have been. Just don't let the success get to your heads and focus on the objectives ahead. :)

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #10 am: 18. Mär 2017, 15:31 »
I fear there will be another riot of negativity over on the Mod DB page again, and I must say it makes me feel terrible to see how ungrateful some people are and inflexible in their approach. In some ways it makes me feel ashamed to label myself an Edain fan, as I would therefore be in the same group as them...   
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Mär 2017, 15:35 von lordoflinks »
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #11 am: 18. Mär 2017, 15:35 »
Shit happens.
Nonetheless that makes us even more grateful to all those, who are giving there best to support us.  :)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #12 am: 18. Mär 2017, 15:57 »
Indeed, it is as FG says. This is the price of popularity, of success. All we can do is appreciate the support and move forward.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”