28. Mär 2024, 21:36 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Heirs of Elendil  (Gelesen 2360 mal)

Darth Raukrist

• Hobbit
Heirs of Elendil
« am: 13. Mär 2017, 19:03 »
I'm not sure where to put this, but it seems like Gondor is the best place for it. The reason it's difficult to place is because it involves potentially a sweeping change to the organization of one or more Factions, with potential for later Reorganizations in a similar theme because of the inspiration of the concept. But Reorganizing the Factions, although the Bigger concept, is the Lesser reason for the idea.

To chase straight to the point: I want the Edain Team to make a matching parallel campaign for the South following the timeline as told in Rise of the Witch-King for Arnor. That is, I want an expansion of the game in hero characters (especially), levels (hopefully), maps (hopefully), buildings and units (maybe), that lead up Earnur, last king of Gondor. In short I really like what has been done with the Dwarves dividing them into a Triple-Faction and I think there's a lot of opportunity to use this idea again with Gondor and Arnor.

For simplification, I think that the potential sub-faction name-changes, if any of this is implemented, would be: Following the pattern that "Dwarves" when selected can be set to "Erebor", "Iron Hills", or "Ered Luin", "Arnor" and "Gondor", when selected, should split into "Wars of the Kings", and "War of the Ring", each.

The research done for Rise of the Witch-King expansion focused specifically on when Arnor divided after King Earendur into Arthedain, Rhudaur, and Cardolan, and followed the story of Argeleb I and Arveleg primarily, and ended with Arvedui.

There is actually a similar way to organize Early Gondorian history around a focal point that would feel as old as Earendur: Telumehtar Umbardacil, who was Victorious Over Umbar.

The "Angmar" Faction could become the "Black Numenorean" Faction and divide into "Angmar" and "Umbar" to be the two chief rivals of Arnor and Gondor. The same way that minor places are 'fiefs' under more significant Evil and Good Leaders, enemies such as the Wain-riders and the Balchoth would be implemented best not as their own separate faction but as fiefs or other units under Umbar's faction.
The list of major Arnor Kings that come up in Rise of the Witch-King are:

"Arnor-War of the Kings"
Earendur
Argeleb I
Arveleg
Arvedui

I would propose making four Gondor Kings to match them:
"Gondor-War of the Kings"
Telumehtar Umbardacil
Ondoher
Earnil II
Earnur

These would be the main four "War of the Kings" Heroes for each faction, and if I understand, factions come with 'role' Heroes so there'd be room for 4 Non-King Heroes in each faction. The Ring Heroes of Arnor and Gondor should obviously be Isildur and Anarion and I believe the Summon Hero should be Earnur *for Arnor*, and Arvedui *for Gondor*.
For the Black Numenoreans, Angmar's Faction has received quite a lot of expansion, attention, and development:

I would wish for the hopes to concentrate as close to BFMEII primarily, and then to Canon Lore secondarily, and thirdly to previously-established Edain popular Heroes, to concentrate around this.

"Black Numenoreans"-Each should be led by one of the other two "Black Numenorean" Ringwraiths, one of whom was introduced in Rise of the Witch-King to be Morgomir

"Angmar-War of the Kings"
Black Numenorean Ringwraith: Morgomir
Angmar Story Hero [Enemy of Earendur]
Rhogash [Enemy of Argeleb I]
Hwaldar [Enemy of Arveleg]
Last Prince of Cardolan (Barrow-Wight) [Enemy of Arvedui]

(I haven't played Angmar in a long time, and other people likely have strong opinions about how Angmar should be shaped to fit into this concept.)

"Umbar- War of the Kings"
Black Numenorean Ringwraith: (Is there a name for the third one already in Edain?)
Umbar King, Heir of Castamir (give him a name) [Enemy of Telumehtar]
Corsair Captain [Enemy of Ondoher]
Wainrider Chieftain [Enemy of Earnil II]
Balchoth Chieftain [Enemy of Earnur]

The Ring-Hero for *both* "Black Numenorean" sub-factions ought to be the Witch-King of Angmar.
The Summonable Hero for Angmar, I'm not sure of, but the Summonable Hero for Umbar ought to be Castamir the Usurper.

This is a Huge Suggestion, really it's worthy of being the topic of a whole update. But I wanted to put it under Gondor because, in case only small parts of it are ever actually used and the rest discarded, I strongly feel Gondor should gain Telumehtar Umbardacil and Ondoher as Heroes somewhere (Earnur is already in the game.)

Darth Raukrist

• Hobbit
Re: Heirs of Elendil
« Antwort #1 am: 13. Mär 2017, 19:39 »
I'm not sure where to put this, but it seems like Gondor is the best place for it. The reason it's difficult to place is because it involves potentially a sweeping change to the organization of one or more Factions, with potential for later Reorganizations in a similar theme because of the inspiration of the concept. But Reorganizing the Factions, although the Bigger concept, is the Lesser reason for the idea.

To chase straight to the point: I want the Edain Team to make a matching parallel campaign for the South following the timeline as told in Rise of the Witch-King for Arnor. That is, I want an expansion of the game in hero characters (especially), levels (hopefully), maps (hopefully), buildings and units (maybe), that lead up Earnur, last king of Gondor. In short I really like what has been done with the Dwarves dividing them into a Triple-Faction and I think there's a lot of opportunity to use this idea again with Gondor and Arnor.

For simplification, I think that the potential sub-faction name-changes, if any of this is implemented, would be: Following the pattern that "Dwarves" when selected can be set to "Erebor", "Iron Hills", or "Ered Luin", "Arnor" and "Gondor", when selected, should split into "Wars of the Kings", and "War of the Ring", each.

The research done for Rise of the Witch-King expansion focused specifically on when Arnor divided after King Earendur into Arthedain, Rhudaur, and Cardolan, and followed the story of Argeleb I and Arveleg primarily, and ended with Arvedui.

There is actually a similar way to organize Early Gondorian history around a focal point that would feel as old as Earendur: Telumehtar Umbardacil, who was Victorious Over Umbar.

The "Angmar" Faction could become the "Black Numenorean" Faction and divide into "Angmar" and "Umbar" to be the two chief rivals of Arnor and Gondor. The same way that minor places are 'fiefs' under more significant Evil and Good Leaders, enemies such as the Wain-riders and the Balchoth would be implemented best not as their own separate faction but as fiefs or other units under Umbar's faction.
The list of major Arnor Kings that come up in Rise of the Witch-King are:

"Arnor-War of the Kings"
Earendur
Argeleb I
Arveleg
Arvedui

I would propose making four Gondor Kings to match them:
"Gondor-War of the Kings"
Telumehtar Umbardacil
Ondoher
Earnil II
Earnur

These would be the main four "War of the Kings" Heroes for each faction, and if I understand, factions come with 'role' Heroes so there'd be room for 4 Non-King Heroes in each faction. The Ring Heroes of Arnor and Gondor should obviously be Isildur and Anarion and I believe the Summon Hero should be Earnur *for Arnor*, and Arvedui *for Gondor*.
For the Black Numenoreans, Angmar's Faction has received quite a lot of expansion, attention, and development:

I would wish for the hopes to concentrate as close to BFMEII primarily, and then to Canon Lore secondarily, and thirdly to previously-established Edain popular Heroes, to concentrate around this.

"Black Numenoreans"-Each should be led by one of the other two "Black Numenorean" Ringwraiths, one of whom was introduced in Rise of the Witch-King to be Morgomir

"Angmar-War of the Kings"
Black Numenorean Ringwraith: Morgomir
Angmar Story Hero [Enemy of Earendur]
Rhogash [Enemy of Argeleb I]
Hwaldar [Enemy of Arveleg]
Last Prince of Cardolan (Barrow-Wight) [Enemy of Arvedui]

(I haven't played Angmar in a long time, and other people likely have strong opinions about how Angmar should be shaped to fit into this concept.)

"Umbar- War of the Kings"
Black Numenorean Ringwraith: (Is there a name for the third one already in Edain?)
Umbar King, Heir of Castamir (give him a name) [Enemy of Telumehtar]
Corsair Captain [Enemy of Ondoher]
Wainrider Chieftain [Enemy of Earnil II]
Balchoth Chieftain [Enemy of Earnur]

The Ring-Hero for *both* "Black Numenorean" sub-factions ought to be the Witch-King of Angmar.
The Summonable Hero for Angmar, I'm not sure of, but the Summonable Hero for Umbar ought to be Castamir the Usurper.

This is a Huge Suggestion, really it's worthy of being the topic of a whole update. But I wanted to put it under Gondor because, in case only small parts of it are ever actually used and the rest discarded, I strongly feel Gondor should gain Telumehtar Umbardacil and Ondoher as Heroes somewhere (Earnur is already in the game.)
In addition, this would provide an opportunity for Edain to work more on Osgiliath, which was I think sacked during the Wars with the Corsairs, actually by Numenoreans of Castamir. (Someone check my facts on that, please.)

The extra "War of the Kings" Heroes for Gondor and Umbar would be easy for the Edain Team to fill in after the manner of their work on Angmar.

The way I view it, there are four significant Angmar Story Maps that stand out over the rest in experiencing the Lore:

The Barrow-downs (Cardolan)
Fornost (Arthedain Citadel)
Carn Dum (Angmar)
Amon Sul- Palantir level (Cardolan/Rhudaur, contested)

To help the impression that these are supposed to be a very matched set of stories, it might not be possible to develop a "true" 8-level Campaign, with everything that goes with that, but it *might* be possible to evoke most of one by matching 4 specific Maps to the 4 best Arnor Maps:

Port of Pelargir (Gondor)
Dol Amroth (Gondor Citadel)
Port of Umbar (Umbar)
Osgiliath- Palantir level like (Gondor/Umbar contested)

Again, some of these ideas are HUGE and I very much understand that, but I am hoping that if there is any interest at all in any of this, simply creating new Heroes and creating new Maps would provide a large amount of the experience.
"War of the Ring"

The four factions outlined for "War of the Kings", to review, I propose:

Dunedain:"Kings of Arnor" "Kings of Gondor"
Moredain: "Angmar" and "Umbar"

In "War of the Ring", this would be:
Dunedain: "Rangers of Gondor", "Stewards of Gondor"
Moredain: *none*, "Southrons and Easterlings"

The "Stewards of Gondor" faction would look, I imagine, much as Gondor does now, with possible changes. Ecthelion II, for example, would be of high interest if he's not in the game yet. The name of the Steward during the events of the Hobbit would be the next place to look for a character worthy of inclusion.

The "Rangers of Arnor " faction could include Aranarth and Arathorn II of course.

The "Southrons and Easterlings" faction could be "The Evil Non-Orc South"
I'd like to repeat I think that grouping factions together, the way the Dwarves do, is a great way to streamline organization of things that could get complicated in the future if many expansions are added, and a great way to accommodate huge additions to the factions with more lore, and I hope that more such ''grouping'' is in the future.