[en] Edain Mod > [Edain] Edain Wiki

Faction Specific Categories

(1/3) > >>

The_Necromancer0:
This is a simple idea, we already have general categories for unit and heroes but I think it could be very useful if we had category pages that referred to a unit type from a certain faction. For example:
-Rohan Cavalry
-Gondor Swordsmen
-Mordor Units
-Imladris Single

This will help us when referencing discounts especially. At the moment clicking on the unit type link in the discount tab brings the use to the general tab which can be confusing for newcomers but having faction specific tags will help us more clearly show what units exactly are affected. The format for a faction specific unit tag should be: [Faction] [Type]. And these should in general apply to every category so for example the Mordor Orc Warriors would gain the following categories:
Mordor Swordsmen
Mordor Unit

And as another example, Royal Guards:
Rohan Cavalry (already has it, we'll have to standardize the use everywhere)
Rohan Heroic
Rohan Unit

That's basically it, this will mean we have to relink a lot of the faction pages. In addition, we'll also have to relink the pages which link to the general categories but who's context is faction specific categories.

Julio229:
Great idea, Necro! I believe it will make the information for specific things easier to access, for example, if a beginner just wants to check out what options of cavalry he has in Rohan, or for the discounts, like you've said.

OakenShield224:
This sounds like a pretty good idea. One possible problem that could happen is having too many categories on one page so it is just difficult to see all of them clearly. I guess we just need to make sure it doesn't get out of control. Also, would each dwarven sub-faction have their own list of categories (e.g. Ered Luin Swordsman, Erebor Swordsman, Iron Hills Swordsman) ?

Walküre:
This seems to be an interesting reordering project. I'm always for lists and catalogues, if the main aim is to make things clearer  :)

Gandalf7000:
Yeah, I also agree with this and wondering about OakenShields question as well!! :)

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln