28. Mär 2024, 14:18 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Mordor  (Gelesen 2617 mal)

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
Mordor
« am: 20. Mär 2017, 07:27 »
Firstly I would like to prelude my post by saying I think War of the Ring is very well implemented in Edain bar one exception, Mordor. The problem with the fraction is that their unique system does not work well with the mode (Due to the need to level up Sauron every... single... battle), hence I am suggesting that clones of their heroes are made just for the mode, and only for the mode, that level up normally, including Sauron who could be reinstated as a commander. Hence the fraction could be playable in the mode.
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Re: Mordor
« Antwort #1 am: 20. Mär 2017, 08:02 »
Giving the factions different heroes in War of the Ring isn't possible as far as I know.

How does War of the Ring currently work? If Sauron/another hero of Mordor gained a level in a real time battle, will he keep it, when back at the worldmap or not?

What might be possible is, granting Sauron levels depending on territories he has gathered.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 21. Mär 2017, 12:22 »
From what I can gather any hero recruited in a mission does not keep their levels when you recruit them in another mission; (When you build them in the mission they do not stay with you after the mission...) hence the Nazul who do not level up, but rather unlock abilities based on the level of Sauron start every mission with no abilities unlocked.
I see two solutions to this:
1. Change the Nazgul to level up when Sauron levels up, this would negate the above issue but not solve it
2. Create clone heroes as I suggested that level up normally, and link them to Mordor's fraction but do not link them to a building. Pick these heroes to be the leaders + Sauron     
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

mycaelspear

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 9. Mai 2017, 16:56 »
Sadly a different fix will need to be used. I don't play war of the ring much but as far as I know your fixes are in place or cant be done. I will address them one at a time like your proposal.

1. The nazgul and mouth of sauron already do this in the game since their levels always match sauron's level, unless you are proposing something else. So you complete a task like get 4 trolls and all nine nazgul, the mouth, and sauron all go to level 2.

2. The Edain team has mentioned this before that it is not possible to do this. Something about messing up the faction in multiplayer and skirmish mode.

So far a possible solution I saw mentioned in this thread was that saurons level could be tied to territory. This would fix the issue and be canonically friendly as well, since as sauron is claiming territory his power would grow.