28. Mär 2024, 21:03 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Some ideas for Isengard  (Gelesen 2361 mal)

Qui Lëarrin

• Bilbos Festgast
Some ideas for Isengard
« am: 20. Mär 2017, 11:10 »
Hi every one, dear conceptors of this wonderful mod,

I found a right version finally (a friend of mine helped me :D) and I played a lot with Isengard 'cause... It's obvious, I really like it  [uglybunti] So, I have some ideas that I want to share with you :

a. Be a traitor one time or two ? A hudge part of the plot of Saruman concerns his way to betray everyone he works with. He betrayed the Valar for Sauron and after Sauron himself. However, when he betrayed Sauron, He did it only 'cause he was certain to obtein the One Ring before him. So, my idea is quite simple : does it possible to give the choice, as you give the choice with Galadriel to deny or to accept the One Ring, to betrayed or not Sauron ? If Saruman betrays Sauron, he becomes the Bless, using the Ring to improve himself. If he stay loyal to him, he becomes the Cursed :) So, the effect of the Ring will not be "random" (I confess, I don't understand why he has to be random).

b. Gandalf as a prisonner at the top of the Magician Tower : this is a key moment of the plot, when Gandalf was keep prisonner at the top of Orthanc. It would be a great moment if we could play it in the game ! Moreover, it's quite logic with the ability of Saruman to enter in the tower and throw magic from the top of it. We can imagine an improvement in the later game for one of the Magician Tower to capture Gandalf and to keep him at the top of the Tower improved. Then, the player could ask to Saruman to leave the battlefield to persue Gandalf to join him (as Gandalf the Grey but may be a "powerless version" of him, without Words of Power may be ?) and, if Saruman finds the One Ring, may be it could be influence Gandalf also ? Isengard hasn't lot of heroes, it would be a way gives it a newly and funny one ^^ Furthermore, we can also imagine that if the player deblock this improvement and keep Gandalf at the top of his tower but never send Saruman, Gandalf finally flee and the cost of the improvment is lost and the improvement definitly blocked until the end of the skirmish ^^

c) Crafter of Rings : Saruman is obsess by Rings of Power and, when he becomes the Many Colours, he crafts is own Ring. I think it would be nice to change the description of the "Many Colours" to something less pejorativ. Saruman never was a "puppet" of Sauron, he was his rival and he betrayed him actually ; so, may be it's possible to write something like "Saruman deny his loyalty toward the Valar and increased his own power" . May be, if Saruman has the One Ring and becomes the Blessed, we could imagine that he was able to give "new Rings of Power" to his lieutenant to improve them (like Galadriel's Gifts ?). I think it was quite logical...

That's all for now ^^ What do you think about it ?
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Mär 2017, 19:39 von Qui Lëarrin »

Qui Lëarrin

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Some ideas for Isengard
« Antwort #1 am: 22. Mär 2017, 19:42 »
In addition, does it possible to transform the Dunlendings camp in something more like the Dunedain's Camp in Imladris ? Something you can only build on the two-crossed-flag camp and which can be involved with quarter, houses, totem, usw. ?

Bilbo Backings

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "Bombur slept on with a smile on his fat face"
« Antwort #2 am: 23. Mär 2017, 18:42 »
Hi,
I like the idea behind point b, but I´m not certain how it would play out gameplay wise.
Greetings
Bilbo Backings
"Now is the time for our esteemed Mr. Baggins, who has proved himself a good companion on our long road, and a hobbit full of courage and resource far exceeding his size, and if I may say so possessed of good luck far exceeding the usual allowance--now is the time for him to perform the service for which he was included in our Company, now is the time for him to earn his Reward." Thorin Oakenshield - JRR. Tolkien: The Hobbit p. 246

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 24. Mär 2017, 01:31 »
As far as I have knowledge of, the mechanics concerning the One Ring have to be random, because it's meant to give the sense of a gamble. That is, it's not foreseeable whether Saruman will have the strength to dominate the power of that artefact or whether he will simply fall prey of its influence. Nonetheless, set aside the different results, he well accepts the prospect of using the One for his own needs. That's the point. This reasoning thus defies the comparison which was drawn with Galadriel: in her case, she is put in front of a clear choice and she's able to deny the acceptance of the One Ring itself. She may deny it and her blessed form reflects in fact the outcome of such a decision. Saruman has no alternative though; it's only a matter of fate and fortune. A sort of bet.

Just to address the other proposals, I don't think there will ever be space for so complex concepts. It's true that the Edain Mod is renowned for its smart features and differentiation, but doesn't that go a little bit too far? In the sense that the concepts might be theoretically accepted under a lore-based point of view, yet they just wouldn't fare in the gameplay. I can't honestly think about some favourable scopes for the addition of Gandalf (captive on top of the tower) or of some unspecified Rings of Power. Furthermore, isn't the current title already very apt for Saruman? His essence of many colours is a metaphor of his ever-voluble personality, which entails a wide range of feelings, schemes and skills. I find it very proper for him then, if we take into account these important traits of his industrious and multifaceted character.