19. Mär 2024, 06:45 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: RPG Poetry Sanctuary  (Gelesen 3824 mal)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
RPG Poetry Sanctuary
« am: 21. Mär 2017, 11:00 »
After a post of mine that concerned the poem Ozymandias and its possible relationship with Arda, I pondered whether it would not be better if we had an own space in this section, fully and entirely centred on poetry. Needless to say, the norms of the RPG customs will apply to poems as they currently do in regards of narrative games. That is, the content must necessarily deal with Arda and the general lore. What I have envisaged so far is the creation of a sort of loose collection of scattered poems, whose themes could vary greatly from each other and their setting could refer to different events as well. This is due to the fact that many ancient compositions (poems) can't be found in other places but within this kind of artificial collections. A high degree of fragmentation also conveys the sense of the wavering course of time and deeds in a better way, just augmenting the sensation of antiquity. Obviously, should anyone be willing to give life to their proper collection (similarity of the matters involved, progressiveness of the narration and so on), you're well welcome to embark on such a typology of projects.

As for the case of scattered compositions, everyone will be allowed to participate and each single post should represent an own defined poem, absolute and complete in itself. The choice of the topic will be at the very person's discretion, as well as the stylistic expedients to use. The fictional source/author of each poem may or may not be specified; it might be a known character, a generic one or an anonymous source (or even a collective one, as the general wisdom or a choir).

What's your opinion about it? Do you deem it worthy? I shall soon open the thread and provide you with an example.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
Re: RPG Poetry Sanctuary
« Antwort #1 am: 12. Jul 2017, 02:30 »
Antique Lyrics of Arda has been locked and I will consequently be the sole person that is authorised to post there. This decision was due to me thinking that it would be better, were that collection of poems to deal solely with my own content. Hence, should anyone be willing to immerse themselves in poetry, feel free to open a new thread and develop your own compositions. Order will avoid fragmentation and make things clearer for all.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 20. Okt 2017, 16:29 »
All chapters of the Lay of Ingwë have been overhauled; some were significantly modified, whereas other underwent slight modifications. I felt like adding some consistency to certain passages, which I deemed less accurate than others. Moreover, a couple of mistakes have been corrected and I rectified another aspect of archaic wording as well, in the manner of old literature.

Hence, dear readers of mine, be you active or more used to silent reading, this refurbishment well indicates that a new chapter is on the way. The 10th and last chapter thus gets closer and closer ;)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 3. Nov 2017, 00:10 »
Any lyric consecrated to Varda shall hereafter collected in an own thread, in hopes that kindred poems are gathered in a single place and are also easier to find.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 24. Nov 2017, 01:23 »
The eighth chapter of the epic Lay of Ingwë is to be published very soon in the RPG Library. It constitutes the last passage of the tale that narrates the events of the very War of Wrath, whereas the ninth will deal with the epilogue of such a catastrophic conflict.

The tenth and concluding chapter I leave as a surprise. I'm going to follow in the footsteps of the old sacral poems of ancient literature. May this be enough to know, for now... ;)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 24. Feb 2018, 16:36 »
A new thread will be opened, named The Hearth of Tales.

No, there is no spelling mistake in the title. It is a kind of pun, centred on two preponderant words: heart and hearth. While the former indicates the very soul of a tale (its essence and own meaning), the latter refers to the actual context of this RPG game.

The idea consists basically of having tales about Middle-earth been told by the people of the Shire, as they meet their friends and relatives in one of the land's taverns; specifically, this is to happen beside a fireside, during a jocular and lively evening. Or, the brief story of the case might get quite dark and haunted, narrated in a particularly obscure night. Nevertheless, regardless of the content, the prime aspect of this space is the possibility to gather various different compositions and to explore them in a simplistic tone (which by no means spoils or lessens said narration. So, this is to be an alternative way to tell something, via the ordinary words and expressions of Hobbits, who live and experience life from a detached perspective. And it is also an interesting alternative to solemn odes or hymns that I have written so far, sung or recited by the finest kinds of Arda.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 21. Apr 2018, 21:48 »
I beg heartfelt pardon for not being able to conclude the sagas told by our fond Ingwë in reasonable time. The last two chapters will not be as long and elaborate as the previous passages concerning the last battle in the war. The ninth chapter will follow and close the cycle as an epilogue, narrating what was of the grieving survivors of the War of Wrath. Then, every mythical composition that is respected may not end without a final worshipping hymn to the deity to whom all has been dedicated. My epic cycle will be no exception.

Once this literary fatigue of mine is over and eventually completed, I'm going to leave here a brief general comment on both the style of the text and its crucial themes. Stay tuned, my squires, for more is to come ;)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #7 am: 24. Apr 2018, 20:23 »
The ninth chapter of Ingwë's lay is finally out! As you may notice, the style of the text is closer in wording to that of epic summaries, because it is in fact an ending epilogue, even though I obviously made sure to maintain the classical prosaic tone of the whole cycle. Moreover, I opted for a different layout, which is basically the same as that of my poems.

I'm looking forward to concluding this quite burdensome project of mine, which is the composition which I'm truly proud of the most :)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #8 am: 26. Apr 2018, 00:27 »
Finally, the epic lay of Ingwë has come to an end. A very satisfying conclusion, really, staying true to the tradition of having sacred hymns or odes close the chapter of a given composition. What I had envisioned for the scope and what I had truly wanted all of you to read. The hymn itself was worded in a more archaic tone, and solemn as well; grammar is by consequence a little bit more intricate than even old-fashioned poems, together with the chosen lexicon (some words are really archaic and thus not used anymore in modern English, not even in very formal situations). Nevertheless, if you know me well, you will certainly notice that nothing has been left to the fortuitous case; including the apparently and seemingly least particular metaphor.

I confess I had planned to finish all much earlier than I had thought, but things do not always go the way we wish them to go. Despite all problems and labour, I'm really proud to present to you a complete epic/chivalric lay. I don't have much time now to embark on a new literary fatigue, but I think I might one day write a sort of guide (grammar and so on) about archaic English, so that readers will maybe find it less hard to grasp the meaning of some works of mine. I might. For the time being, may it suffice to list all the names/titles that Ingwë uses to refer to Valinor in his tale. I do realise that I've probably let my imagination too much lose, despite the final result being totally worth it ;)

Blessed Realm
Holy Shire
Eternal Kingdom
Lit Earldom
Evergreen Fields
Sunny Country
Immaculate Reign