[en] The English RPG Forum > RPG Discussions, Feedback and Proposals

RPG Poetry Sanctuary

(1/2) > >>

Walküre:
After a post of mine that concerned the poem Ozymandias and its possible relationship with Arda, I pondered whether it would not be better if we had an own space in this section, fully and entirely centred on poetry. Needless to say, the norms of the RPG customs will apply to poems as they currently do in regards of narrative games. That is, the content must necessarily deal with Arda and the general lore. What I have envisaged so far is the creation of a sort of loose collection of scattered poems, whose themes could vary greatly from each other and their setting could refer to different events as well. This is due to the fact that many ancient compositions (poems) can't be found in other places but within this kind of artificial collections. A high degree of fragmentation also conveys the sense of the wavering course of time and deeds in a better way, just augmenting the sensation of antiquity. Obviously, should anyone be willing to give life to their proper collection (similarity of the matters involved, progressiveness of the narration and so on), you're well welcome to embark on such a typology of projects.

As for the case of scattered compositions, everyone will be allowed to participate and each single post should represent an own defined poem, absolute and complete in itself. The choice of the topic will be at the very person's discretion, as well as the stylistic expedients to use. The fictional source/author of each poem may or may not be specified; it might be a known character, a generic one or an anonymous source (or even a collective one, as the general wisdom or a choir).

What's your opinion about it? Do you deem it worthy? I shall soon open the thread and provide you with an example.

Walküre:
Antique Lyrics of Arda has been locked and I will consequently be the sole person that is authorised to post there. This decision was due to me thinking that it would be better, were that collection of poems to deal solely with my own content. Hence, should anyone be willing to immerse themselves in poetry, feel free to open a new thread and develop your own compositions. Order will avoid fragmentation and make things clearer for all.

Walküre:
All chapters of the Lay of Ingwë have been overhauled; some were significantly modified, whereas other underwent slight modifications. I felt like adding some consistency to certain passages, which I deemed less accurate than others. Moreover, a couple of mistakes have been corrected and I rectified another aspect of archaic wording as well, in the manner of old literature.

Hence, dear readers of mine, be you active or more used to silent reading, this refurbishment well indicates that a new chapter is on the way. The 10th and last chapter thus gets closer and closer ;)

Walküre:
Any lyric consecrated to Varda shall hereafter collected in an own thread, in hopes that kindred poems are gathered in a single place and are also easier to find.

Walküre:
The eighth chapter of the epic Lay of Ingwë is to be published very soon in the RPG Library. It constitutes the last passage of the tale that narrates the events of the very War of Wrath, whereas the ninth will deal with the epilogue of such a catastrophic conflict.

The tenth and concluding chapter I leave as a surprise. I'm going to follow in the footsteps of the old sacral poems of ancient literature. May this be enough to know, for now... ;)

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln