16. Apr 2024, 18:56 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Antique Lyrics of Arda  (Gelesen 173245 mal)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Antique Lyrics of Arda
« Antwort #615 am: 24. Dez 2017, 00:32 »
Willing or not, the city leave we may not

Gallant friend of mine, far you are from the warmth of your home among amicable faces and joyful labour, having we come in the moment of final unveiling, at the court of those who retain in the world the leadership we might desperately need,
Behold these fortresses and strongholds of old, whose fine stone has proven harder than a multitude of vicious tricks,
The wind is blowing and roaring from distant ends, signalling the beginning of a last test of utmost note, when Men wander without wit and the only one who could ultimately unite them all under banners of glory,
Soon the clear sky is to be covered by ashes of doom, as the adversary sends his deadliest servant for the capture of this last wall of ours, on which we rely even in dubious thoughts, and so prayers of mercy and victory resound across these fortified halls, carrying sorrowful laments and scarce traces of confidence in a well-boding fight.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #616 am: 25. Dez 2017, 00:16 »
The knights have returned!

The knights have returned and sound they make their way home,
Where the warmth of beloved ones them awaits, after they did travel and much roam,
The woes of the world shall be mended another day,
Today belongs to love, in their heart in which valour always lay.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #617 am: 25. Dez 2017, 00:26 »
Snow eternal and ever-fair

On the height of the Holy Mountain, seat of your diamond-made throne,
Above all else in Arda, prime temple of power, yet never solitary or lone,
There is eternal snow that glows in the night, not melted by heat and ever-fair,
It glows as you do, Queen of starred heavens, as your deeds in the firmament in their magnificent flare.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #618 am: 25. Dez 2017, 00:45 »
Be it token that difference makes

No longer shall its shards be mourned, pitied as grievous heirloom of sorrowful past,
It has been made anew, destined to passed on to noble hands and forever to last,
The broken blade is no painful memory which burdens mankind, testimony of weakness and fate that goes fell,
I vow, it is to cut your foul foes asunder, for in the desolate hour the sacred sword shall reflect your legend and serve you well.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #619 am: 25. Dez 2017, 01:42 »
Thou shalt be given the right and just

Innumerable riddles lie hidden along all routes and paths which thou mayest voyage through,
Arda hath been built on foundations of doubts and so shall it rest unto the tale's ending,
Tribulation might be a bitter cordial to taste, made perhaps worse by storms assembling in the clear blue,
Fearest thou the test of the coming future? Thou dost not have to, my wise mind, and dreadful tempest shall make thee better instead, for thou shalt be given the right and just, against all woes, tricks and snares.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #620 am: 26. Dez 2017, 01:30 »
Hands dirty and unworthy

Woeful hand, dirty of blood or author of malicious acts, you shall never be granted that chance,
To hold possession of the Jewels and claim their true property as yours, even once,
That hand will agonise and burn of intense pain, which would be as a fire that all devours and naught might placate,
It is to be a curse and severe warning, for whom proves unworthy and for those who to such vile character may relate.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #621 am: 27. Dez 2017, 00:25 »
Heirlooms of old, worthy of war

Gems and jewels clothed in the flare of a star,
White and pure, candidly bright, in common remembrance far,
You should not deal out a judgement of censure, should the Woodland King crave such treasure,
For those stones of miracle carry on a legacy lost in the eras, where hazard was in fouler shape and the sole Stars were indeed a lone light in a long night, comprised of nightmares and tales of wonder without measure.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #622 am: 28. Dez 2017, 14:24 »
The return

Gandalf, I wonder whether all these grandiose deeds of ours shall be kept sound in one's heart. I wonder whether grief will kindle my memory in equal manner as all the other thoughts of joy that I have hitherto collected. It was with surprise that my adventure has had its start, do you remember? When you had met that solitary Hobbit, chilling among the comfortable whereabouts of his nice house; smoking our pipe-weed with pleasure, as the sole dwellers of the Shire can do. And I had been doubtful unto that precise moment, for little, if naught at all, did I know that a quest would suddenly knock on my wooden door.

And I will be forever grateful for it, my unusual wizard-friend. In spite of the strife we had to go through, be it captivity in a gaol of resistant iron or the tragedy of war, my heart has been filled with what I really needed and longed for. Ultimately, the good and the bad I will both keep with me, safe in my reminiscing. I sense that the call of fate will probably hail me another time still: my part in the tale is not over yet. Will the service of a burglar be again of some use for the legends of this earth?

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #623 am: 28. Dez 2017, 14:40 »
A new dawn, for a troublesome world

Shine, new lamp of mine,
Thou shalt fly through the mazes of the air, ardent and fine,
A new dawn is to rise and break that wicked sleep,
For new toil needeth new light, albeit the proud Noldo being still doomed to weep.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #624 am: 28. Dez 2017, 14:54 »
An ancient enemy, buried in thick ice and snow

Our people of the broad forest should not be held hostage of fear, I feel like advising in the most benevolent will,
We patrol long and thorough the territories within the width of our green domain, for guard must not be lowered in any case, especially in the hour of awakening shadows from the caverns and lairs of the unknown,
Some head north, in rare occasions, to observe those menacing peaks that bar the passage through the mountain chain, which is foul dwelling of Orcs and akin filth,
Beyond, once lay the kingdom of Angmar yonder, an ancient enemy of the people with good soul, now buried in thick ice and snow, although scarce are the chances that the fallen adversary could pave its path into our present, unless twilight covers the entire earldom of Arda in a worse second night.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #625 am: 28. Dez 2017, 15:05 »
Not lightly

Not lightly shall you be pardoned and the solemn sentence lifted,
Forgiveness is never granted and always earned,
Piety is no deserved privilege for you, Dark Lord, as it would be forlorn illusion and wasted,
Inside the place of expiation, at the ends of our sunny country, your harsh punishment will be learnt.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #626 am: 28. Dez 2017, 19:26 »
The reason to strive

A famous saying, spoken and recited along the fiefdoms of Gondor.

Striving is to come with the final result of one's labouring,
A reason there must be, which is founding goal and hardest pillar,
You, willing to embark on grand schemes and plans, may you not run out of patience and wit,
Your quest shall lead you to the limit and even beyond what you know and might do, and if warm fire goes out in the storm, you will overcome the challenge and another one you shall light.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #627 am: 28. Dez 2017, 20:06 »
Hoist the colours, heading east!

Hoist the colours of the mighty ship,
We are heading east, paddling in vibrant rhythm and by means of a whip,
The King has commanded to go and conquer more of that wild shore,
For the western route of the ocean the far western Lords they forbade us to journey across, as it has ever been in the old lore.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #628 am: 28. Dez 2017, 20:46 »
Do not follow the lights

Should you go for the path that is shown by those ghostly beacons amidst the choking mist,
You must not take the way that you are in such fashion suggested,
It is an antique curse, as the dead would like one to make the false step, to join their atrocious plight beneath those dirty ponds,
Marshes of misery, forsaken by love and care, they bear the grave testimony of the grand fight, when much more than honour was at stake.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #629 am: 28. Dez 2017, 22:07 »
Passing onto better times

Will there be serenity at the end of the war?
Or will all suffer the unstable mood, so that turmoil is to soar?
Peace is often made, once the defeated one is on his weary knees, disarmed,
Rejoicing the vexed ones at the good news, no longer dreading hazard.