18. Apr 2024, 09:42 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Antique Lyrics of Arda  (Gelesen 173526 mal)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Antique Lyrics of Arda
« Antwort #195 am: 22. Jun 2017, 16:55 »
The 400-year prison

Thus it happened, of the Noldor the mighty leader was killed in strife,
Amidst shadows and flames, the one who longed to avenge his fate and his art to get back,
If not that the dreadful lieutenants of the Enemy proved themselves to be beyond the immortal kind's skills,
And so the Smith now mourns in grey halls far from the common world, not finding joy nor rest for his grief's flames.

Yet whom he led to the Hither-Lands now established in those adventurous paths,
Long and much they wailed, but to conclude the quest always staunchly convinced,
Dividing territories and the shires of those lands as their just domain claiming,
For naught greater than ruling the Noldo's concern attracts.

A new High King from sorrow arose,
The resilient head of his House and with the noblest heart endowed,
Ñolofinwë, of the undimmed glory you walk the ways,
Firm and valiant, the hosts of darkness you drove off and inside a 400-year prison the odious Vala you have caged.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #196 am: 22. Jun 2017, 17:21 »
Only joy and a no-regret demise I fain would long for

They say this artefact granteth thee the widest sight,
And that one before deep desires findeth oneself,
Then, what doth the Lady desire? What would a queen ask?
(Galadriel) Only joy and a no-regret demise I fain would long for.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #197 am: 22. Jun 2017, 18:05 »
The Earth's Grudge

How much dost thou have to wail and for the death toll despair?
How much for the poisoned fields and the radiant plains a silent graveyard made?
How many the bones and leavings of whom these ways once would tread?
How many the corpses of brave warriors, far from their green home and the lovely sea?

How much, vast Arda full of all that merrier life maketh?
Thou bearest fire, ice and the bitter desert that anything alive devoureth,
Alas, fate made it like that the Enemy into thy roots all his might poured,
To sustain his horrible beasts which of true life are the marred reflection.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #198 am: 22. Jun 2017, 18:40 »
The Last Song

Dost thou remember thy last song within the ramparts of Valinórë, Princess?
When the greatest choir of all the Immortals' voices joy and solace would bring,
To please the Powers with the splendid melodies of thy kind,
When all was sunny and little did we know, that the illness was secretly growing and that the bliss would soon vanish away.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #199 am: 23. Jun 2017, 01:15 »
Young Kind

Young and mortal kind,
Plagued by sickness, feeble and the sad death,
Some might say that weakness shall not guide you very far,
But we know that the noblest valour resides in your heart, which only needs apt words to be rekindled to the glory of old.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #200 am: 23. Jun 2017, 01:26 »
Ride fast and never turn thy back

Fast knights cross the land and the battlefield would fain reach,
But woods, somber forests and the river must with no dread pass,
And Mirkwood ill had grown, and lair of shadows and ghoulish spirits which one might desist from the fight,
Then mists from the western ends turned up thither and the company of horses veiled, summoned by magic and of the mysterious wood-sorceress a powerful spell.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #201 am: 24. Jun 2017, 02:59 »
The Two Strongholds

The Two Strongholds by the Sea-Lords were founded,
For the guarding of the mountainous chains that the Southern Realm embrace,
Both of hard stone and by levels structured, two mighty fortresses born from crafting mastery and vigilant purpose,
One today is radiant of light and the throne of Men keeps safe, while the other withered and via witchcraft had its nature enchanted.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #202 am: 24. Jun 2017, 23:19 »
Thou dost not treat me as a fool!

Thou dost not treat me as a fool, Gandalf! One of thy simple acquaintances I am not!
Thy words of comfort and hope shall not avail thy cause, for of words I am the master and every uncanny visit I detest,
Thou no longer free to roam through lands and shires shalt be, as well as thy rustic friends for whom thou bearest a foolish love,
Hearken thy chief, wizard, our fortunes might be greater if the great power awakening we are to join.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #203 am: 24. Jun 2017, 23:26 »
Alas, madness has conquered the noblest of the minds

So low and treacherous I would never have expected that you could be, once pure and wise as of all the Istari the propositions,
And now you choose the path of darkness and an unexplainable plan, which I suppose you had enough time to prepare,
Yet still you deny and refuse to grasp, that none might bend the One's will and as his master claim oneself, for he does not share the power!
Alas, madness has conquered the noblest of the minds, and the mightiest of the one-time Wise of this fine land.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #204 am: 24. Jun 2017, 23:39 »
The Reunited Hope

Merry we all are and much we see of a brighter future,
Now that the Dark Tower lies broken and what was once a sole thing has finally been reunited,
The King may sit on his throne in solace and good will, knowing that the nightmare has passed and that things shall thus be mended,
Fatigues and toil pave the path for a new age to begin, in which splendour is to wane, but peace the norm shall become.

His spouse could never be fairer or more gracious for sure,
As she is of the immortal kind and from a royal bloodline descends,
Because the blood of the Two Twins shall again be one,
Blood that hides legends and impossible tasks: the pride of Númenor, the Noldorin kin, the wisdom of the old Elwë and of the mysterious Queen Melian the lively strength.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #205 am: 24. Jun 2017, 23:56 »
Only at the End shall they speak...

A curious Noldo interrogates a Vanya of Valinórë. He desires to know what will be of Arda at the end of all.

Vanya, Child of Ingwë, thou dwellest with the Mighty and certainly me thou wilt help,
As much I long to know what shall be of our beloved World.

Noldo, proud and strong thy being, we may not foretell that either way, for Manwë and Varda only glimpses of the future must have had, the ones that hear and see all, whose sight is maybe apt to surpass the circles of the sky and even the boundaries of time as well.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #206 am: 25. Jun 2017, 22:30 »
That Fell Chasm

That fell Chasm, where the root of our sad troubles had birth,
Its fire made it like that another Ring of Power saw light in those somber times,
Horror which only there may find its epilogue and forever end the era of terror of which the worst is still to come,
Yet much counts on the will of whom the venomous paths of that mountain shall tread, holding in his hands the fate of years, battles, blood, sorrows and obscure beings.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #207 am: 25. Jun 2017, 22:42 »
Things do change

I woke up from many dreams and a still immobility, and I found the world upset and recognisable not anymore,
New kings, struggles and wars, very different from how it used to be in the past times that I cherish.

(Response) But things do change, dear immortal, and even the greatest rule might one day fall, leaving behind void and dismay, although new forces arise and to them authority is conferred.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #208 am: 27. Jun 2017, 02:01 »
My Daughter, it is the just path thou must follow

Daughter, thy sad visage bindeth my heart and my mind somber maketh, for I may sense, with a clear perception, that thou leaving thy Love on these shores regrettest,
But in truth thou shalt part from this sorrowful fate, as thou bringest thy sentiment in lands in which naught perisheth or findeth decay, thus retaining thy Love in thy heart immortal and never pale.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #209 am: 28. Jun 2017, 01:36 »
The Great Journey

A long voyage and march across the young plains and rivers of Middle-earth,
This who awakened of the Immortals had to go through at the dawn of the Elven birth, in times of darkness and doubt that Varda's Light only could turn into hope,
When the Three Kings arose in might and the offer of the Powers elected to accept,
Leading their people to the true sunny home which their wishes real would make.