28. Mär 2024, 14:51 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Empyrean Galadriel  (Gelesen 2076 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Empyrean Galadriel
« am: 1. Apr 2017, 15:48 »
Greetings to thee, friendly and noble people of the Edain Community. With thy consent and relying on thy infinite desire to journey through the untrodden paths of the ever-wavering seas of new proposals, I shall forward a concept, on my own majesty intrinsically fashioned, about which my mind had been hitherto pondering, agonising for yearning something which ought not to be asked or resting in the solace of an unceasing passion for what might be to pay us a visit. Pardon me, gentlemen, if thou shall deem my deed clouded by so much nostalgia for the spirit of the lore or by a will to achieve what is instead unattainable. A dangerous longing for the unknown that might often bode ill. Yet I asked myself: why should I not head thither, where my heart commands me to go? One should not view this attempt as a forlorn hope though, for the very proposal boasts many possible scopes for augmenting the quality of this project indeed. Therefore, I beg thee to subject the heart of this suggestion to thy sincerest judgment, so that naught shall be forsworn in the unstoppable progress of knowledge. As it is often heard among wise advices, this saying might be of just avail for us all: Magnanimity is not seldom the truest wisdom. And so I ask that thou all be magnanimous about it.

The main body of the idea gravitates around the PARAMOUNT essence of all customs and indications the lore gently narrates. A thread of emotions, strife, grief, jubilee or despair. A very grand of a design which not even the Prussian rationalisation of the Edain Mod could oppose, given that not rarely the people who cherish colours and shapes had to withstand whom, on the contrary, had a perverse obsession with cold numbers and lifeless statistics. Yet we, the people of colours, many times triumphed and our ways were enlightened by the bliss of fortune and success. Widening our outlook, the prime element which renders all of this grandiose is exactly, I would infer, its marvellous conjunction with the mentioned inexorable themes. Bear yourselves that here shall be presented to thee something special, whose nourishment is nothing else but the Professor's intent and deepest vision. And I, as the herald who has been sent from the outer blessed space in thy aid, shall endeavour to accomplish my mission. Only in this way shall we find our way and proper continuation. My hope is entirely in the hands of the Lords who rule this sunny realm, for they never failed to take into account and to give life and concrete existence to our pleas, whatever their nature may have been.

Princess from the Elder Days

At the gravest hour, the angelic counterpart of Galadriel travels in the mazes of time and is summoned on the blood-tainted battlefield of the game. By the spellbook of multifaceted powers she is called. And from the empyrean Hyperuranion of the Elder Days she shall ride across fields, undaunted and uncontrollable. The player and his loyal allies shall have all the arts they crafted repaired and all the dead brought back to life again. Then, once the task is concluded, Galadriel shall disappear, veiled by northern lights, and return to the eternity awaiting her. All the people of the Good shall dispose of this ultimate miracle.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
Re: Empyrean Galadriel
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Apr 2017, 16:30 »
This proposal is the closest to perfection I have ever seen, including this would make Edain Mod be so much more than the simple BFME III, it will become BFME IV!

Great proposal Walk, maybe I'll suggest to include Alfrid in the Dwarven faction later.

But seriously, great April Fools joke! The style in which you wrote it reminded me of Edgar Allan Poe, for some reason  :P

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Apr 2017, 17:00 »
My art? If I were to express an opinion, I would say that I was left much impressed and fascinated by the narrative style of Mr. Churchill and Mrs. Thatcher, of whom I read the memoirs with ever-lasting pleasure. But, yes, I suppose the words that are conceived by me can generally be defined as old-fashioned; as all novels or writings in previous times were certainly characterised by those peculiar traits equally. And I also confess that poetry too did have a great impact. Especially, when I find myself in the situation to make usage of and relate to my classical formation. I am nonetheless an antiquarian/antiquity-based person by nature, for I love anything old that lasts and endures through decay and time  ;)

Besides, it's great to hear that you see the propriety of my proposal. As you may see, I opted for a VERY basic and simple lexicon, avoiding walls of text and trying to be the plainest possible...  :D

And to whom might say that my endeavour has been for naught I shall reply: ARS GRATIA ARTIS  8-)

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #3 am: 1. Apr 2017, 20:28 »
Hmm, needs more hobbits.

Seriously though, how long did it take you to write this? How much time do you have on your hands?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 1. Apr 2017, 22:51 »
Hobbits might certainly provide her with a better mount. That is, fairytale-like unicorns; fast and immune to any evil device  ;)

If you're really keen on knowing that, it took me half an hour, more or less. I have to say that working on RPG games is a truly wonderful opportunity to practice the language, along with my other duties as Moderator. As for what concerns time, I usually manage it quite well. I'm by now very used to answering questions or posts of another sort; it's quite the same thing about my frequent walls of text.

Ectheldir

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 1. Apr 2017, 23:13 »
Actually, a beautiful proposal.
If not for it's conceptual core, yet for the way it is presented to us. So that we may see what lie before this concept and from which circumstances it has been born.

Only in one point do I have to disagree: Numbers are not always lifeless and the usage of them is by no means perverse.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 2. Apr 2017, 00:56 »
The fact that you have even appreciated the very form of the proposal pleases me very much, Ectheldir. The high lexicon and the old-fashioned words which give life to the concept are an artificial expedient I made usage of, in order to convey a more impactful sense. That is, a strange suggestion that was conceived in an even more unusual way. All these aspects, though pleasant could be, are artificial means, because this is obviously an act I prepared as an April Fool.

And, no, I don't think numbers or statistics could even slightly be defined as perverse; they're art in my eyes, just like many other subjects of human knowledge. What I've written are provocative things that were mainly aimed at triggering a response and at exacerbating the differences dividing people who cherish graphics from the ones who are fully for balance. You just need remember that all of this was an act. A theoretical exercise that was deprived of sense or true intentions from my part. As I wrote in the footsteps of that Latin saying: art for the sake of art itself  ;)

--- APRIL FOOL ---