29. Mär 2024, 06:50 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New serious ring mechanics  (Gelesen 1893 mal)

Fuad

• Hobbit
New serious ring mechanics
« am: 15. Apr 2017, 18:42 »
Many agree that one ring in tournaments and fair matches among players is obtained, because it is an imbalance.
Imbalance is natural in its accidental finding.
But the edain command can change this function and include the ring in the main professional level, not only for the fun
Changes in the following: detection of the ring of gollum removed a new search engine rings - ....
1. All factions have a new ability in the stronghold to the scout ring, if the reconnaissance is successful from the messenger the player will be sent from the edge of the card. For each faction, the massager is different (the Nazgul, the rider, the rohirrim and others), he will take the ring from the random or current edge of the card to the front citadel (if the gate is closed in front of the gate), and all players will see the messenger to intercept them. If someone successfully carries out reconnaissance, this function will be disabled for all players
First reconnaissance 3 minutes and 4000 reps 10% Chance of success
Seconds 5 min 5500 25%
Third 7 min 7500 50%
And the last 9 min 10000 100%
The new mechanic will not turn off the ring from the game every time for fair play
And also removes an error with several rings in the game
This will open all the delights of the Edain fashion and a new opportunity in every game
Excuse my English I hope I was able to convey my idea)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: New serious ring mechanics
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Apr 2017, 20:11 »
Thank you for having forwarded your thoughts. My reply will be simple and lapidary: as you rightly stated, the whole point of each Ring system is exactly their own situational and contingent nature. I thus don't find any issue regarding balance. Moreover, I think the mechanics you proposed would only complicate something that already works properly for its purpose; not to mention that the very general Ring system was changed for the better to fit important needs. That is, to allow the AI to make usage of this feature without the risk of crashing the game. I'm not sure whether your suggestions would leave things unaltered or not.

Canis carcharothias

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #2 am: 16. Apr 2017, 23:52 »
I agree with Walk, the purpose of the ring is to add an unpredictable factor to the game.

Some super-competitive players don't want to play with the ring mechanic because obtaining the ring doesn't require any special skill and can turn the tide of the battle, and super-competitive matches are made to test the skill of the players. That's why you can uncheck that option.

It's like the Free Parking of Monopoly, the fumbles in RPGs or the Relic Victory in Age of Empires: something stochastic that can make good anecdotes, fun stories or help a losing player win (which is the thing that touch the nerves of most peple).

Anyways it is not unbalanced because the chances for each player to find gollum are roughly the same.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 17. Apr 2017, 00:05 »
It's like the Free Parking of Monopoly, the fumbles in RPGs or the Relic Victory in Age of Empires: something stochastic that can make good anecdotes, fun stories or help a losing player win (which is the thing that touch the nerves of most peple).

Or the divine powers of the Greek Gods in Age of Mythology, which are unanimously recognised as the most terrible and deadliest out of all the others of the game (although the gameplay is nonetheless balanced via other means among all factions)  ;)

Anyway, enough elements have been brought up for an answer to be provided. I no longer deem it necessary to continue the debate in this thread. I shall thus proceed with closing the discussion.

--- LOCKED ---