28. Mär 2024, 17:44 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Launcher wont appear.  (Gelesen 2285 mal)

lotr1997

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • This is SauronlordoftheEarth from modb LOVE EDAIN!
Launcher wont appear.
« am: 28. Apr 2017, 02:05 »
Hello, I recently reinstalled bfme 2, rotwk, and Edain because I got a new comp. I use windows 10 same as what I used to run Edain on. Now when I installed Edain and hit the shortcut or the .exe file the game does not launch. Nothing happens. The launcher does not open it just does absolutely nothing. If I use the ROTWK shortcut the game will launch but its all in German and I can't update the game. I don't know what has caused this. My games are updated to patch 1.06 and 2.01. When I installed the ROTWK I had an odd error asking for the disk when the disk was already inserted. I fixed this by just installing the game in a custom path. Rotwk also had a yellow and blue shield like it was being run as an admin but it was not enabled to do so. When I reinstalled Rotwk in a different path the shield disappeared. Now Edain has this shield too. I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem though. Please help me I have tried everything, even uninstalling bfme 2 and rotwk. Nothing works.
There is only one lord of the rings, only one who can bend it to his will, and he does not share power!

lotr1997

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Launcher wont appear.
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Mai 2017, 00:28 »
I still have not been able to fix this :(
There is only one lord of the rings, only one who can bend it to his will, and he does not share power!

Darkayah

• Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • The old blood will unite them, but destroy all
« Antwort #2 am: 12. Mai 2017, 10:04 »

Do you use  an onboard grafic chip or do you use an illegal copy from the game?
Grüße Darkayah

Of old blood, magic, fire and darkness!
The old blood will unite them all, but causes the  world to be destroyed!
-Prophecy of Valarya

Lust auf eine alternative Mittelerde Geschichte und dazu ein RPG? ?
Der Thron von Mittelerde

lotr1997

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #3 am: 23. Mai 2017, 00:47 »
I have a legal copy and I use an onboard graphics card yes.

Darkayah

• Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • The old blood will unite them, but destroy all
« Antwort #4 am: 23. Mai 2017, 10:36 »
Can you try to switch on a other graphic card (Nvidia or something Else) if you have one?
Have you updated your grafic Card driver?
Grüße Darkayah

Of old blood, magic, fire and darkness!
The old blood will unite them all, but causes the  world to be destroyed!
-Prophecy of Valarya

Lust auf eine alternative Mittelerde Geschichte und dazu ein RPG? ?
Der Thron von Mittelerde

lotr1997

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #5 am: 27. Mai 2017, 00:49 »
Sorry I am using an Nvidia graphics card and yes it is up to date.

Fíli

• Edain Betatester
  • Wächter Caras Galadhons
« Antwort #6 am: 28. Mai 2017, 16:10 »
Do you have the latest version of .NET Framework installed?
Vielen Dank an CMG für das tolle Banner und den tollen Avatar! :)

Frotzy

• Hobbit
« Antwort #7 am: 4. Jul 2017, 21:36 »
Hey guys, i'm a bit late, but here's how I fixed it.
The problem lies with RivaTunerStatisticsServe r, so if you don't have that, sorry, I can't help.
Basically, any version below Riva 7.0 will cause this issue. However, you can also just completely uninstall it if you don't care for the program (just follow my steps here, its you also need to close the program if you want to do that, a bit tricky), but I really like it, so I went and downloaded the 7.0 beta. I couldn't close Riva as the installer needs us to do. What you want to do is open task manager, right click on RTSS, open file location and then rename RTSS.exe to something random or whatever you like, I went for something like dfafdafer.exe.

Now, you can force exit Riva, install the beta version, and the problem should be gone.

I really hope this fixes it for you guys, solving this problem has been literal hell for me.
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Jul 2017, 21:40 von Frotzy »