[en] The English RPG Forum > RPG Library

The Siege of Lothlórien

(1/7) > >>

Walküre:
THE SIEGE OF LOTHLÓRIEN
This RPG narration shall explore the grave times that the realm of the Golden Wood had to face, while resisting the assault of Mordor and withstanding anything foul that had come out from the ruined fortress. The story is to end with the cleansing of Dol Guldur.

Sole participant allowed: DieWalküre

Walküre:
The Fellowship leaves the borders of Lórien, with renewed hope and confidence. The hour is nonetheless critical and each companion is bound to be put in front of great perils. Their mission is on the edge of a knife. Yet shadows are reaching the Golden Wood equally...

GALADRIEL: ''May light never abandon your path, proud companions. Gandalf's guidance you shall greatly miss, but the task is an imperative one, on which the destiny of this grey Middle-earth depends, lest darkness be upon every territory and realm on these shores. In that case, silence and desperation will pervade all, and you shall linger here in chains, until the immortal world will maybe come for the rescue and the liberation of the mortal...

Fear and doubts are virtues of the Children of Ilúvatar too. Do not let yourselves be commanded by them, however, as valour is also born from wisdom. Meanwhile, the creeping shadow is coming forth from the eerie pits of the ruined fortress, and I can no longer divine for how much time still the Enemy won't dare to wage war against us. It has therefore happened that blood and grief shall be brought within the forests of Lórien. Yet, albeit fearing the schemes of the Evil that none could discern, I shall never give in, for I dread naught. I dread naught!''

Walküre:
GUARD: ''My Lady, sentinels report that great masses of Orcs are patrolling the eastern shores of the Anduin. It's now apparent and completely evident. The Fellowship will probably opt to circumvent the edges of Mirkwood, but another menace might hinder their mission, for we have knowledge that a pack of other Orcs is chasing our allies; they say they're taller and much faster than common Orcs. They may also bear the sight of light. At this pace, they will reach the Fellowship in a couple of days.

We are focusing on our forces to strengthen the eastern borders and to keep control of the peripheral woods. We can't therefore send any aid to Frodo and his companions, lest we compromise our own defence. I'm afraid that they will be compelled to face the threat themselves. Out of our perimeter, there is little we may do.''

Walküre:
GALADRIEL: ''The Fellowship braced itself to its paramount duty. The task is now up to them only. We may indeed do very little for their cause. Yet we have our own cause to look after. Saruman's betrayal, the unrest in the South and the great turmoil in the East are not scattered manoeuvres, for Sauron is carefully placing his pawns on the map. He's ready to launch a full-scale assault against the entire Middle-earth. Henceforth, although Men shall suffer the heaviest blow, we and the other corners of this continent must fight with unceasing effort equally, because a defeat somewhere is a defeat for all the Free People too.

The Enemy has now forsworn secrecy. It can only mean that swords are soon to be swung and that blood shall stain these sacred forests.''

Walküre:
GUARD: ''Noble Queen of Lórien, is the approaching hazard to render our merry realm a garrison-realm? Isolated and shut to the outer fortunes or struggles?''

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln