28. Mär 2024, 21:58 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Siege of Lothlórien  (Gelesen 12087 mal)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
The Siege of Lothlórien
« am: 19. Mai 2017, 11:57 »
THE SIEGE OF LOTHLÓRIEN

This RPG narration shall explore the grave times that the realm of the Golden Wood had to face, while resisting the assault of Mordor and withstanding anything foul that had come out from the ruined fortress. The story is to end with the cleansing of Dol Guldur.

Sole participant allowed: DieWalküre

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
Re: The Siege of Lothlórien
« Antwort #1 am: 20. Mai 2017, 01:58 »
The Fellowship leaves the borders of Lórien, with renewed hope and confidence. The hour is nonetheless critical and each companion is bound to be put in front of great perils. Their mission is on the edge of a knife. Yet shadows are reaching the Golden Wood equally...

GALADRIEL: ''May light never abandon your path, proud companions. Gandalf's guidance you shall greatly miss, but the task is an imperative one, on which the destiny of this grey Middle-earth depends, lest darkness be upon every territory and realm on these shores. In that case, silence and desperation will pervade all, and you shall linger here in chains, until the immortal world will maybe come for the rescue and the liberation of the mortal...

Fear and doubts are virtues of the Children of Ilúvatar too. Do not let yourselves be commanded by them, however, as valour is also born from wisdom. Meanwhile, the creeping shadow is coming forth from the eerie pits of the ruined fortress, and I can no longer divine for how much time still the Enemy won't dare to wage war against us. It has therefore happened that blood and grief shall be brought within the forests of Lórien. Yet, albeit fearing the schemes of the Evil that none could discern, I shall never give in, for I dread naught. I dread naught!''
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Jul 2017, 00:45 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 20. Mai 2017, 17:55 »
GUARD: ''My Lady, sentinels report that great masses of Orcs are patrolling the eastern shores of the Anduin. It's now apparent and completely evident. The Fellowship will probably opt to circumvent the edges of Mirkwood, but another menace might hinder their mission, for we have knowledge that a pack of other Orcs is chasing our allies; they say they're taller and much faster than common Orcs. They may also bear the sight of light. At this pace, they will reach the Fellowship in a couple of days.

We are focusing on our forces to strengthen the eastern borders and to keep control of the peripheral woods. We can't therefore send any aid to Frodo and his companions, lest we compromise our own defence. I'm afraid that they will be compelled to face the threat themselves. Out of our perimeter, there is little we may do.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Mai 2017, 18:24 »
GALADRIEL: ''The Fellowship braced itself to its paramount duty. The task is now up to them only. We may indeed do very little for their cause. Yet we have our own cause to look after. Saruman's betrayal, the unrest in the South and the great turmoil in the East are not scattered manoeuvres, for Sauron is carefully placing his pawns on the map. He's ready to launch a full-scale assault against the entire Middle-earth. Henceforth, although Men shall suffer the heaviest blow, we and the other corners of this continent must fight with unceasing effort equally, because a defeat somewhere is a defeat for all the Free People too.

The Enemy has now forsworn secrecy. It can only mean that swords are soon to be swung and that blood shall stain these sacred forests.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 21. Mai 2017, 23:52 »
GUARD: ''Noble Queen of Lórien, is the approaching hazard to render our merry realm a garrison-realm? Isolated and shut to the outer fortunes or struggles?''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 22. Mai 2017, 00:08 »
GALADRIEL: ''Nay, I tell thee. My prowess is the garrison of these woods. It is me who sustain the mystery of Lórien's defence. We shall maintain minimal contact with our allies. And I hope that all the Free People shall bear the brunt of the fight; especially our akin kind dwelling in stone-carved halls, along the northern ends of Mirkwood.

Let us now appoint ourselves to the task. Summon all chiefs and strategists. The Lord of the Galadhrim will soon take the lead of our resistance.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 22. Mai 2017, 14:43 »
Foreword

According to the canonical sources, the three consecutive attacks that Lothlórien faces occurred in sequence, within a quite brief frame of time. If I didn't grasp things mistakenly, the very last assault was already concluded by the time of the siege of Helm's Deep, or in the meantime.

Therefore, given my intention to enhance the whole dramatic aspect of this narration and to connect the story with the other events that the War of the Ring entails, I shall choose a slightly different way to go through, departing from the version of the canons. Speaking concretely, I'm going to plan things so that each assault of Mordor is to coincide with an important happening of the outer lands. I'm thus going to proceed as it follows below.

First Assault: It occurs during the evacuation of Edoras and the journey of Rohan's people to the safe defence of their century-old stronghold.
Second Assault: Dol Guldur's forces attack in masses the peripheral woods of Lothlórien, indicating that their first attempt had been a sort of reconnaissance mission. Meanwhile, Saruman's grand army besieges Helm's Deep.
Third and Final Assault: Mordor launches a massive strike against the Golden Wood, with the objective of breaching the Galadhrim's ranks and making their way unto Caras Galadhon itself. The violent clash takes place when the fate of Middle-earth is being contested at the gates of the White City, and during the siege of the Lonely Mountain and of the Woodland Realm equally. You may now see how the last chapter is linked well with the other three major military operations of the War of the Ring.

Each of the three battles will boast different characteristics and special features/events, in a crescendo of action and bloody clashes. Obviously, the Lady of Light is to be endowed with a prime role in the story, in line with what Tolkien himself tells us.

Zitat
After the fall of the Dark Tower and the passing of Sauron the Shadow was lifted from the hearts of all who opposed him, but fear and despair fell upon his servants and allies. Three times Lórien had been assailed from Dol Guldur, but besides the valour of the elven people of that land, the power that dwelt
there was too great for any to overcome, unless Sauron had come there himself. Though grievous harm was done to the fair woods on the borders, the assaults
were driven back; and when the Shadow passed, Celeborn came forth and led the
host of Lórien over Anduin in many boats. They took Dol Guldur, and Galadriel
threw down its walls and laid bare its pits, and the forest was cleansed.

In the North also there had been war and evil. The realm of Thranduil was
invaded, and there was long battle under the trees and great ruin of fire; but
in the end Thranduil had the victory.
J.R.R. Tolkien - The Return of the King: Appendices

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #7 am: 29. Mai 2017, 00:39 »
The Fellowship has finally left the ends of Lórien. The destiny of the task is in the hands of their members, alongside the chances of the Free People to behold a new era of peace. With them getting further, patrols and scouts began to garrison the eastern borders upon the river, that would later become a place of battle and clash. The woods of Lothlórien are all in motion.

CHIEF SCOUT: ''Guard the external ways that lead to the capital. Do not make yourselves visible, for we shall defend and conceal our moves at the same time. Our wooden houses on top of the trees will offer shelter and a good spot from which one can observe, so that arrows can fly swiftly and catch enemies by surprise.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #8 am: 29. Mai 2017, 01:09 »
On the outskirts of Caras Galadhon, troops start mobilising and preparing for the upcoming challenge.

LIEUTENANT OF THE GOLDEN WOOD: ''Move faster, Elves of the woods. We are the heart of this realm's defence. Darkness is assembling forces on the other shore of the Anduin, and I doubt that our gallant sentinels could ever be able to fend off such a major assault. Be it incautious Orcs who dare to trespass or legions bidden to raid and devastate, swords and shields we shall bring to the contest, knowing that a mighty force dwells here, of which very little is known and which none may bend.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #9 am: 30. Mai 2017, 13:54 »
The Axe of Doriath

Meanwhile, in the heart of the golden forests, at the gates of the Tree-capital, the Lady of Lórien meets with a stranger. A traveller and an inhabitant of the forests on the other shore. She has a gift for him of the noblest kind.

GALADRIEL: ''I have knowledge of the sorrowful strife of thy people, skin-changer. Decades ago, the door of the Lonely Mountain was shut for those dreadful legions of terror, which had descended the forgotten ends of Angmar and had been assembled in the pits of the ruined fortress of Mirkwood too. But a new contest is now before us. A new war, and it shall be the last war of this long era. Who faileth shall not be given the chance to mend what is broken, for it shall be irreparably lost. The power within those ruins has augmented again, and I may see it terrorising thy peaceful people of the woods. The Golden Wood shall face and withstand the major brunt, yet the Woodland Realm above is to suffer amidst the fight as well. Any dweller of those ways approacheth a terrible risk. Shall ye be keen, Woodsmen, on counter-attacking and defending your lands?

Grimbeorn, thou bearest grave tasks on thy shoulders. The Lady desireth to bestow upon thee the blessing of her people. Accept this as a gift, gallant guard of the forest. It is a silver axe of Doriath. Don't fall prey of prejudice, for its simple fashion hideth more. An ancient queen of millennia ago bewitched its blade and on the metal cast her powerful magic. Naught the axe suffereth from the passing of time, nor doth it rust as the other arts of the mortal kind. May it avail thee much in battle. Were thou to meet the Evil on thy path, thou shalt cut it apart.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #10 am: 8. Jun 2017, 08:44 »
The forest is all in motion to prepare for defence. Patrols become more frequent each day and night, especially. Rest has now become a luxury that none within the Golden Wood could afford. The valiant guards of Lórien know well that Goblins are not source of concern, as they hide in their lairs and never dare to head out of there, recalling the wrath of the Elven Queen in past days. Forces are thus amassed about the eastern borders, where Sauron is due to strike, although it is not clear when that is to happen. The hour is tense and menacing clouds gather outside the golden ends. The battle of Lothlórien is about to begin...

HALDIR: ''Grim is the present, yet we have to watch carefully and be ready for the strife. That obscure malice, which is poison for anything green that lives, has finally unveiled its plans. And so, as the Fellowship leaves our realm, we too are bound to cope with a grave peril.

Old days, chants of merriment and jubilee for the dawn of the sun. I miss the joyful voices of singers along these woods, when time was apt for feast. But blood and tragedy we are soon to experience; the bitter sorrow of war and the mournful despair for whom fell in the clash. The challenges you are soon to face, my gallant sentinels. My fate will take me far from my beloved land, for another people is in need, striving to survive the devices and spells of the one-time chief of the Wise. The most infamous treason: the Horse Lords will bear the most terrible brunt of war, and their lands, of which they are extremely fond, are already being raided and devastated. However, a new spirit arose, for the king his right mind and judgement has retrieved. Yes, he did take it back. He will then fight for the good of his loyal subjects. Pray, may valour and honour be enough to fend off the threat! And I, defenders and inhabitants of the heath, I will in short time come to your aid, so that the old alliance between our two kinds may be rekindled again, one last time.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #11 am: 8. Jun 2017, 09:00 »
PATROL: ''And so be it. May fortune assist you, chief. Our hope relies on the unity and determination of our people. A very courageous of a people. We heard that all possible horrors are coming forth from the ruined fortress; the strike will be swift and violent, for the enemy longs to make this whole territory his own, erasing our memory and decreeing the twilight of one of the mightiest Elven kingdoms that ever existed in the annals of history. The last act of grandness, as the Free People approach to the ultimate battle. The battle for liberty.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #12 am: 8. Jun 2017, 09:20 »
HALDIR: ''I fear our twilight would befall nonetheless, proud warrior. The time has come for the Elven kind. This grey era is getting close to its end. The few Eldar left in these mortal shires will give their all to vanquish the Evil, in the last and greatest war of the Third Age. But even with Sauron defeated and with the Good victorious, with a new king on a united throne and with sunny days as the common norm, the bell would toll for our kind. Not for tragic death, not for ruin or unfortunate fate. A sadness destiny awaits us all, but everything is designed to make us reach our true home; a green and immortal home beyond the blue surfaces and the curtain of mist. And even if many are to relinquish their arts and lands here, of this epilogue we all ought to be content. Don't dread! Within these golden woods dwells a force that naught if not the One may bend. A force which this bliss sustains and keeps alive, and the Evil will never breach this sacred shield.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #13 am: 8. Jun 2017, 11:42 »
The guards of the Golden Wood start chanting in honour of Haldir.

Zitat
Behold, he is the head of whom these ends guards,
Remember, long he trod these ways and anything with utmost care watched,
Honour, he greatly served his duty and of the White Lords of Lórien was a loyal vassal,
Mourn, he now must withstand a dreadful test, for he about all gentle people kindly cares.
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Jun 2017, 00:42 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #14 am: 10. Jun 2017, 15:28 »
At the gates of the Tree-capital (Caras Galadhon), Celeborn sends a herald to Mirkwood. Thranduil must be informed and all possible help from the near Wood-elves must be sought as well.

CELEBORN: ''Go. Go swiftly past woods and rivers. Beware of the shadows lurking in the southern forests. Proceeding north from here and then beyond the river would be the best choice. This message has to be delivered and handed safely to the monarch of the Woodland Realm. His guards are ever-vigilant, as we are; they may already know that the menace gets closer to both our kingdoms, but we ought to be sure that they also feel our sympathy for the strife they and we are to face. Too much silence and incomprehension have existed between us. Two akin kinds of the woods. This shall change. At last, in need and danger, valiant spirits shall fight side by side, united in strength and purpose. Isolation didn't and could never bring anything good now. Shadows have come forth and waged war against all the free who inhabit this world; fool he is, who thinks to remain neutral in the conflict, for violence won't spare anyone who hides behind. Tell the woodland king that I am to lead Lórien's defence; we shall fight on the landing ground, we shall fight among bushes and trees, we shall fight on shores and on the river. We shall never surrender. The hour is late for projects concerning a unified force; not at the moment. I can't guarantee that Mirkwood won't suffer equally the deceiving schemes of Sauron. They must resist, no matter the magnitude or scale of the assault. This I command be done.

Once you have entered the secretive borders of their realm, it will no longer be possible for you to return. Remain there. Your services shall be of valuable use for them. I shall meet you again when woods are eventually liberated from all snares and venom.''