28. Mär 2024, 10:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Siege of Lothlórien  (Gelesen 12041 mal)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
Re: The Siege of Lothlórien
« Antwort #15 am: 10. Jun 2017, 17:20 »
HERALD: ''I will go, my Lord. I will fulfil the task and bring your words to the king of Mirkwood. I will tread the outer paths and then pass the Anduin. Hopefully, those territories are clear from foes of any sort, as Orcs hide themselves in the ruined fortress and Goblins daren't to make any foray from their foul lairs. Albeit wild and unguarded, the Gladden Fields and the other northern territories are not dangerous to journey through. The sole thing one may feel and perceive is that a past rule was over those lands. Decaying statues of the Lady lie lonely among grass and untamed trees; revealing who once reigned such shires. Nostalgia, for the prowess of the Elven Queen may not reach and sustain those arts. No shield for time flowing, which all out of the Golden Woods consumes and deteriorates.

I too hope and staunchly believe that we are to meet again, commander, after all that is wrong will have been made right.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #16 am: 21. Jun 2017, 17:10 »
GALADRIEL: ''While the approaching shadows and dark clouds veil the sky over us, we shall see the clear path; we shall see what is before us and our tasks to fulfil. 1000 years of peace and defence are now a dream that is slowly waning and vanishing in a tumultuous wind of events. A war was being designed and planned all this time, and now it's the hour in which all the valiant ones come forth and their own fate determine. Pain and sorrow we will surely go through, as all the other souls of this world will, because the threat is great and darkness reaches all, in one way or another. And I thus see, I may divine, grand battles and horrible slaughters among the Free People who this Middle-earth seek to defend from the mastermind that all moves, from his fortress-tower in the Land of Shadow. And my thoughts, gentle thoughts, go to any who the challenge shall face, be it wild forests, a hidden kingdom inside a mountain or a vast realm to guard. If the brunt, the gravest brunt, is borne with valour and success, the schemes of the Enemy might be halted, until the snake's head can be severed by the action and noble quest of a humble being of ours. A humble hero who willingly undergoes death and an immense peril. Be faith and strength with him and his dear friend; may hope never part from them. They are now far from my sight and concrete help I may not provide anymore, for ashes and raging storms don't let anyone's mind enter. Yet we shall not succumb, nor shall we give in to the Evil; a creeping malaise which for long hid itself and concealed its deeds. An illness, akin to the one that still lingers and affects Mirkwood on the other shore. That eerie fortress, as it was in the previous time, of that is the venomous source. Alas, if the one-time chief of the Wise had been wiser and by greed not blinded, those woods would have been cleansed from the filth long time ago. But wailing on a past guilt won't render the present better. Woods, leaves and tough trees, how long will you have to suffer and mourn? You I shall avenge, and what is wrong right shall be made. I promise, I shall. This is an oath of wrath and love for the weak; it shall not be torn asunder, as my pledge like diamond shines clear, and, as the stars in the blue, still remains!

And you, brave races of the World, fight and bring honour to your own kin. Shields shall be shattered, walls torn down, branches cut apart and set on fire. Yet, who now ignites war against us all will soon agonise and much regret his disgraceful choice. His fell minions will flee in terror and from all lands disappear. Wise Elves, proud Men and gallant Dwarves, the fate and next path are up to you only. You shall fashion the last fortune or doom of this old and grey continent.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #17 am: 2. Jul 2017, 23:51 »
At night, in the palace of Caras Galadhon. The day after, a meeting among all captains and guards of the Golden Wood, along with the whole military council presided by Celeborn, is to be held to discuss the upcoming war that will spread swiftly across the trees and broad branches of those woods.

GALADRIEL: ''Tell me, Prince of the Sindar, at the turn of the tide, who do you behold in me? The Princess that had left bliss for grand deeds, or a noble Lady who strives and endeavours to save her realm from the very last menace of this age? A menace destined to determine what our fate shall ultimately be. What is to occur for the Elven realm under the old golden trees.''

CELEBORN: ''Fair love and bright pearl for all who cherish beauty and splendour within these secretive ways of ours, I see both. Your fire, warm and willing to make the wrong right, burns still and always rekindles your prowess, for you are up to contest malice as much as you were six millennia ago, when your legendary family set foot on the Hither-Lands on which the grand realm of my kind had been established. That Elven maiden, unsure yet fiercely convinced of her acts, who longed to seek solace and lively adventures at the same time. A Princess, who grew in strength and by any Elda revered for her far-seeing wisdom. The mightiest of her sort, later worthy of being granted the custody of one of the three treasures of the immortal kind in Middle-earth. The mightiest of the Eldar in this grey era of doubts. A queen, some say, who naught fears, neither would she ever forswear her duty or her people leave. Despised by the Dark Lord in his fortress beyond those mountains of ashes, and he has in truth great terror for your arts and magic, of which he could never guess the root or source. Aye, I'm certain my love, enemies shall regret their next move: to wage war against our land and threaten the peace of our paths, that always are defended and made secure by the valiant guard at the edge of the ends of the woods. The price and toil of defeat shall be their last memory of this continent, which they much yearn to spoil and mar forever with the darkest means, imposing slavery and misery upon all its joyful inhabitants. This shall be, as I'm sure of my words. The Elven Queen shall pass the test, and Lórien shall respond, giving voice to the most vigorous of the answers.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #18 am: 4. Jul 2017, 15:35 »
GALADRIEL: ''Much joy and genuine wellness your words bring to my heart, loyal husband and valiant Lord of the Galadhrim.

At the end, it seems we are again together, embraced and tied, to face the ultimate test of our long staying in this continent, when all is to withstand upheaval and pain. As together we stood proud and defiant during the destruction of the beloved kingdom under the trees of Beleriand. After the wise rule of the Silver-haired Monarch had vanished, like his holy wife, whose angelic being parted from these mortal halls in the saddest of the ways. Yet we endured and we were brought by fate to the eastern lands. There, we saw the increasing peril spreading across Middle-earth and the snares of the false Lord of Gifts causing their dreadful outcomes. The wars for the reclaiming of the Rings by their evil craftsman were terrible and resulted in unspeakable wounds for both sides of the conflict; but the Eldar were adamant and fully resolute, that our Three Rings had to be kept safely in our hands, lest the only good of the Rings of Power were completely annihilated from this world. And war thus ended with us winners and peace having been restored in lands weary and suffering from the brutal violence. Then, it was not before a millennium that we were called and offered to govern the ancient realm of King Amroth, who had left these shores for the sundering seas of Arda and beyond.

The perfect place and environment for my powers to influence the course of events and shape our dwelling, which my longing for the western bliss and Nenya made a sanctuary among shadows. A shelter, secretive and hidden from malicious eyes, for all the Elves who love the green of this earth and are not yet ready to make the final step. But the might of my Ring I have forsworn, when the possession of the One was offered me and subsequently denied by me in equal terms. Nenya shall perform its last task and duty, until the undoing of the Ruling Ring in the fire where it was given life. Henceforth, we shall all inexorably head to our definitive destination: fading and departure.

I dread naught, my love, for you are beside me, as you have always hitherto been.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #19 am: 17. Jul 2017, 18:33 »
The day after, the military council of Lórien has its beginning. It's night and all seems quiet within the defences of the Tree-capital. Celeborn hosts and presides the assembly, being him the general commander of the host.

CELEBORN: ''Military heads and gallant chiefs of our forces, you have here been summoned to discuss the plans to face the upcoming invasion of our lands. Yes, because an invasion it really is. We have gathered enough evidences of the will of the Orcs to head out of their dark lair and try to breach our defences. As much as we have formulated a vivid portrait up to this moment, Sauron shall probably seek to make it so that this sudden attack befalls at the same time of the strike he's planning against Rohan. He shall use the fallen White Wizard as his very puppet and therefore he longs to vanquish all the hopes of Rohan in less than a day. We have just reasons to believe that the people of the heath, the valiant Horse Lords, will probably not resist the assault of Saruman, unless the renewed and true White Istar manages to gather the scattered knights that were banished by the king, in time to save the fate of their very realm. Given the utmost peril they are up to, and in hopes to make them acquire more precious time during the battle, I have decided to send a company to Helm's Deep, at whose head Haldir is to be, as it was commanded. We hope that the task shall be fulfilled and that the armies of hell won't find triumph at the gates of the century-old stronghold. Should Rohan fall, we would face threats on multiple fronts, along with the suffering kingdom of Gondor being bound to contest another foul enemy. This we cannot permit. I'm confident and much hopeful that Mithrandir shall succeed in his mission; too many doubts and much unfriendliness have been spread so far across the shires of Men. If Rohan outlives the imperative challenge, Men will find unity again and they will be marching together to end the era of darkness that might become reality with a victory of Sauron.

From our part, we have to cope with a full-scale assault against the Golden Wood. We are certain that this will happen, as it was predictable. Henceforth, I ask that all of you be ready to bear ourselves with your bounden duty, which is the repulsion of every gruesome nightmare that threatens our quiet life. We do not have knowledge of the Enemy's schemes, unfortunately, as the eerie fortress is now veiled and from its foundations poisoned by the malice of centuries of terror. A terror that is to be unleashed against us and thrown completely into the heat of the confrontation. Presumably, the Orcs are willing to distract and frustrate our forces, with the will to make us waste energies and create openings via which they may proceed with the invasion. Any breach of our defences must be considered fatal. We must avoid this eventuality at all costs, with all the means at our disposal, lest hordes of monsters go past our woods unto the gates of this fair city upon the trees.''
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Jul 2017, 16:42 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #20 am: 20. Jul 2017, 17:33 »
CAPTAIN: ''Lord, you always speak words of wisdom, and we are surely aware of the risk of war from two different sides. Although we would certainly have made great usage of more troops, we perfectly understand the utmost necessity of sending aid to the people of Rohan. We will strive unceasingly to meet our tasks and be ready for the tough battle awaiting us. Since a full-scale strike is to be expected soon, I advise that the host be withdrawn from the very outer borders, given that it would require a fragmentation of forces that we could never accept in these terms; the defence of the peripheral woods is by now of little importance in front of such a danger. Our grand army is thus to retreat in the internal ends of the profound forest, at the defence of Caras Galadhon, being this the objective to which we dedicate the most careful care. If all goes as predicted, the hordes of Dol Guldur will head out in grand number and the outskirts of our realm will be swarming with foul Orcs and beasts. Then, we will fend off this attempt of theirs, taking advantage of our mastery among the trees, so that we may proceed with the counter-offensive. Even though, in the words of our noble guide and Lord, the imperative task will be to realise when the most violent attack in mass is in being, as the cunning strategy of Sauron could always opt for ploys to divert our efforts and confound us all. We must avoid that. We just must.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #21 am: 26. Jul 2017, 14:04 »
CELEBORN: ''Aye, I agree with your conclusion, valiant captain. I concur that our main concern is necessarily to be the defence of the very Tree-capital. This will be our own imperative objective.

A fragmentation of forces along the external woods would do nothing else but put us in a troublesome disadvantage of power. The sheer number of forces belongs to the Enemy, it's true, yet we know very well by experience; the hordes of Dol Guldur will be as blind in our own territories. The forest will halt their passing and we shall then move to counter-attack in the most decisive way. We must, as a foremost goal, repel the assaults, in order to measure the magnitude of the threat and to nullify the surprise factor that the Evil rely on with such unceasing desire. Then, once the bulk of the invasion will have their plans rendered useless, the enemies that were so confident to invade our shires will pay the disgraceful consequence of their act.

As a preemptive condition, I decree that all borders be closed to the outer eye or visitor. In war, there is so little time for welcoming others in our realm or permitting loose passages among our ways. We have to be sure that every potential breach of our defence will remain well sealed, although the attack is to be performed on our eastern side. But prudence is always a very wise counsellor, and all existing eventualities ought to be considered with careful attention, if we are really intended not to allow terror in our borders. The western side shall remain closed as it is now; Rivendell won't provide aid for us in these stringent moments, for they are soon to move in the direction of the Grey Havens and the Lord of Imladris must necessarily stay in his enchanted valley. The southern woods will too be left guarded as they are at the present time; Rohan is too much worried about the great ruin which is to be cast against them. They will fight for their own lives and for the very realm. Their very existence is at stake. We just pray and hope that the renewed White Rider will come at the just moment, to determine the fate of the western lands of this world. I'm confident in him, because an Istar arrives at the turn of the tide, and wonders may thus happen then. Gandalf, the hope of the Good was entrusted in your own hands; may the glory of your sanctity help your deeds. Thou art the wise saint who doth good and who the wrong maketh right.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #22 am: 28. Jul 2017, 15:08 »
CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD OF LÓRIEN: ''Of course, we understand the actual state of the situation, our noble Lord. Your military and strategic grasp of things is ever-precious for the defence of our domain. Indeed, the soil of the battle and the scale of the enemy's strike will compel us to follow the guidelines you have put forward in the clearest manner. I will thus make it so that all preparations are met in reasonable time; within three days, Lord Celeborn, our forces will have been deployed along the eastern borders, at the outskirts of the internal woods of the Golden Wood. Archers are to garrison the tree-outposts that lie disseminated among the trees of those paths. Surprise is going to prove itself a very important of a factor, if I may add this. And we should not be concerned by possible actions of cavalry-type opponents, as these woods are impermeable to this kind of assaults; enemy horses will not find a way through, and a strategy which entails some sort of charge is inevitably to be made useless in this context. We can deem ourselves lucky to tread the ways of this realm; old, secretive and open only to gentle visitors and friends. Furthermore, our prime infantry is ready to withstand all possible perils, being it smooth, fast and versatile as very few other units in Middle-earth. This is to be the core that will face the mass of the invasion from Dol Guldur, including beasts and other foul servants that our foes are so used to making usage of in battle. All outer ways are now being patrolled with constant attention and we are on the alert for any eventuality that may suddenly disrupt our plans; namely, the loose action of scouts or an unexpected offensive against a vulnerable spot of ours. We are ready to counter and report that, although we strongly believe that the enemy won't take such time to distract resources and efforts from their main goal, which is the total invasion and enslaving of our beloved enchanted woods. We shall put up the toughest of the fights.

May I also say that many of your valiant soldiers, my Lord, remember the days before your rule and some have even contested the hosts of Sauron during the sad events of the Second Age of the World. They know the foul nature of the entity that has waged war against all the Free People of Arda. And our knowledge of the sword and the bow is unmatchable, as all know and fear; especially, the tall and gigantic trees of our home will aid the propositions we have, in order to succeed in this war and to make them regret having dared to challenge the rule of the Lady of Light over the sacred territories on the western side of the Anduin.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #23 am: 1. Aug 2017, 20:57 »
CELEBORN: ''Just strategy and the undaunted spirit to withstand even the hardest challenges. This we need and you will gently provide, my subordinates. May the word be spread in every corner of the Golden Wood. May anyone know that here hope is well alive, and that our hearts are kindled by the flame of determination. We do not know cowardice nor fallacy of any sort. May all hear this plain and clear: this timeless realm was raised by the power of the Lady's rule, and so shall it remain our guarded home and peaceful shelter, until time is up and we will be inexorably bound to bid farewell to our beloved ways under the leaves. Go, now! I command every measure be taken now and not later, for the Enemy doesn't waste its time in vain deeds. My subjects, you are to become the very shield of this domain. Be it, that this defence of ours never fail to achieve the utmost task! We won't be given any second possibility, nor will there be for us a time of rebirth from the ashes and revenge, like often befell for the fate of Men. No, we shall fight as if no dawn of tomorrow were to come to please our days. All is at stake. All is at stake...

Messengers, we are going to have a look at the outer context now. May you tell this assembly how our allies and noble realms intend to cope with the approaching menace?''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #24 am: 4. Aug 2017, 01:32 »
MESSENGER/HERALD: ''My Lord, the portrait is quite grim to define. I would not cover the plain truth with unnecessary words or talk. The outlook is the most unvarnished and truest possible.

I have just come back from a very long journey across the domains of our own allies. I must say that war will soon be a harsh reality for them too, being the entire continent in great peril. Sauron wages war against all. It is up to any free realm to decide what to do with the possibilities at disposal. Each is to choose in which way the battle for resistance should be fought. As you said, noble Celeborn, we don't have any margin for concerted action now. We and our akin kind of the Woodland Realm shall do our all to resist within the woods under the Elven rule. Dwarves are not directly threatened for now, yet we know that an army is being assembled in the far and unknown lands of the East. We have very little information about the happenings there; the King under the Mountain is very concerned and in doubt. Rumours spread across those far territories, and Men who dwell there fear war as we do as well. The Dwarven king has nonetheless guaranteed that the gates of the Lonely Mountain shall remain shut for any potential foe. Emissaries of Sauron has been sent there once, although the response they got was firm and sure. The resolve of the Dwarves will not falter in the time of need. Of this we may be very certain.

What I dread is the decision of Men. The broad realm of Gondor is not facing any invasion at the current moment, but troubles are arising at the slopes of the Mountains of Ashes. They say that the somber pass of the Bewitched City has somehow grown even more gruesome and terrible. We fear that hideous beasts will soon breach the chain of defence of the realm and that a full-scale operation will then start. The very rule of Gondor appears wobbly and uncertain. The Steward of the throne has lost the confidence of most of his subjects, and his mind is clouded by sheer terror. It is possible that Sauron won't opt for a direct strike; the Black Gate will thus remain closed. It is likely that deception and cunning schemes could be followed by the forces of Mordor. This we can't foretell exactly. On the other hand, the fate of Rohan is to be determined at Helm's Deep. We pray that the Horse Lord will face up to the challenge and fend off the minions of the White Hand. Gandalf is on his way to the scattered troops of Rohan's finest cavalry. We hope that the wizard will come at the proper time, to save the destiny of us all.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #25 am: 21. Aug 2017, 01:13 »
GUARD: ''Lord and assembly gathered as a whole, before the council ends and we all return to our honourable duties, there is something you ought to know.

Beyond the river, we have long kept track of the enemy hordes assembling and wandering across the shores of the broad Anduin, and we have seen and witnessed a tragic event taking place there, where darkness reigns now and where all paths are grim and with no safety left to be trodden by living foot, if not by foul minions and beasts of dangerous type. An expedition of Gondor had been sent by the Steward of Men, and it was meant to enter Mirkwood and head to the secretive palace of Thranduil which lie far from here, at the end of the common ways of Middle-earth, facing the wide North ahead and the mysterious East of which not so much we are told. The envoys of Gondor didn't know that the Woodland King had moved his domain from the erstwhile seat, centuries ago; they have thus come too close to the southern ends of the eerie forest and we may with precision report that all of them fell in the hands of the Enemy across the river.

We have no record of what has been of them. And their deed was also an unfortunate one from the beginning, I would say, given that the Sindarin King does not welcome strangers within his hidden borders at all. Secrecy is fundamental and the monarch among the trees would never jeopardise the fate of his people, for words might spread without control, reaching ears that naught good would do, should they be aware of such precious information. And the Woodland Realm does not treat with outer realms either, as now we do as well. They have closed their borders and sealed them in the most resistant defence. Those messengers could carry with them important news of what befalls in the territories of the broad human kingdom; the Orcs, their captors, have not handed the prisoners to Dol Guldur yet, as I doubt they would recognise the robes and fashion of noble heralds. But the malicious intelligence in the ruined fortress will certainly unveil the truth of their status. We therefore must act now. The possibilities at disposal are not much. I envisage the sending of a rescuing force, to surprise the pack of Orcs and quickly recover the lives of those pitiful men.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #26 am: 22. Aug 2017, 01:06 »
GALADRIEL: ''Nay, brave sentinels and shield of this golden woods. You should not divert your efforts in such a late moment. We have already put forward the strategy that is to be our strength and hope in the midst of the oncoming storm. The pawns have been already placed. No improvised and sudden change will benefit the cause of our task. And as for what concerns the expedition which is now sad captive of the Enemy, I may perceive that not all is lost and the forlorn gleam of hope might still be alive. I sense that conscious life is still beyond the river; yonder, where a veil of darkness disguises and covers the real portrait.

Do not mind the issue, soldiers. Leave it to me.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #27 am: 22. Aug 2017, 15:41 »
CELEBORN: ''Then, the council may find now its end. Be the message adamant and imperative as naught else. It is for our kingdom that we are to battle. It is for our homes among the leaves and branches of this old forest. It is for the bliss of our shire, that none could have outside these walls and borders. For ours is the last shrine of splendid kind in the East of the clouded peaks. And nowhere else, along the eastern lands, do the Elves gather and store felicity and joy within their domain, due to much grief and doubts; and fear that secrecy might be lost, one day. We shall thus fight for what we deem just and right. We shall, and we are to succeed in the quest!

At your posts now! To each his own. Seal the borders. Garrison the trees. Creeping nightmares are soon to get close. Wield your shiny blades, Galadhrim, and the swift arrows of your fine bows. Pray, let us fend off what menaces us and the peace of the woods offends.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #28 am: 11. Sep 2017, 19:29 »
The Lady walked swift and soft as the tender breeze of spring, past branches, roots and the famous leaves which noble and golden the realm make. Fast and quick. A mortal eye would have certainly be bewitched by such spectacle for the sight. In the guise of a bright spirit, she wandered and gently meandered across the path leading to the Tree-capital. Her radiance was not an impactful one, though, for light remained nonetheless contained in her vicinity only. A beacon, strong and vivid, yet surrounded by the obscurity of the quiet night of Lórien. None knew about her foray outside the very domain of light; rare event and eventuality that solely indicates much necessity and stringent reasons. It is not common day, when the Lady opts to leave the residence which is for her sound shelter and core of her prowess on this earth. And necessity was indeed the cause, being her heart not close and shut to whom suffers and painfully agonises, near the sunny ways of the Golden Wood. Piety is still in Middle-earth, and profound sympathy for the woes of free people. Never had the Princess of Kôr flinched in front of challenges and utmost requests of aid. Her resolute, albeit silent, advancing took her to the end of the miraculous woods, along the river which divides the two sides.

Unstoppable and firm, she entered the woods of Mirkwood, now somber and wicked, and not loyal mirror of how the grand forest of the East used to be. The traces of the Evil were clear to behold and chase; easier for the Mistress of Magic, who sensed a great void getting closer to those eerie ways, as she trod thither, knowing the objective that had to be reached. Inexorable, no beast nor fell sentinel her presence could have noticed; the pace of a mighty Elda from times afar in memory, apart from those who the past have lived and seen in equal manner. The lurking shadows had to concede the passage for whom before the Sun and the Moon breathed the air of the ancient world. And then the crude scenery she finally came to, and she had thus plain evidence of slaughter and much misery. As the corpses of the convoy from Gondor lay motionless on the dry grass of the wood. Massacred and obliged to suffer the tragedy of torture. Yet, proving the divination of the Lady right, a survivor was the lone desperate remnant of such a murder; chained with horrid iron and about to expect the inevitable arrival of a definitive death. The hideous Orcs were not given the chance to react, for the figure of the Elven Queen started bursting with light, now disruptive and almost blinding. Brightness inundated the place as a bolt would do in a dark night without stars. A moment it lasted, and then those strong gleams of magic left space for normality to return. The captors had all fallen in a long and profound oblivion, which sleeping could have been its pale resemblance, when the incantation struck the servants of malice in sudden surprise and terror. And the lone survivor had also been liberated in the meantime, because the wave of might that had spread all over had even corroded the iron and strangled it. The weary man was at a loss of words to describe what had befallen, and to thank the mysterious saviour clothed in starlight. Before any word was spoken by him, Galadriel pronounced her consolation and advice for a vexed soul of that kind.

GALADRIEL: ''Thou hast outlived a very somber of a demise. In the hands of those monsters and last of the company to perish. Hearken, courageous man, thou art now free to live and fight another day. Thy realm needeth the aid of any of its subjects, if ye yearn to close the chapter of this war with final triumph. The Eye is watching the lands of Men with implacable obsession; he longeth to crush the hope of a new era of peace after the storm of the conflict. Go now, get far from these woods. Thou hast naught to do hither, no business for the good, where another contest is soon to have beginning. Cherish life and wield the sword in staunch pride, for thou shalt face other misery in thy path. Remember, when the will is adamant and sure, thou wilt move mountains and the Evil to kneel thou art to force.''

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #29 am: 24. Sep 2017, 17:35 »
Atop the mightiest tree of Lórien, on the grand balcony of the palace in which the rulers of the Golden Wood dwell and together govern.

CELEBORN: ''Hither we have thus come, and we are now waiting with trepidation the battle to commence. The battle under our trees and leaves of blessed kind. Within our domain which naught has feared for more than ten centuries of this grey age. As the sun wanes and moves to the West, the last moments of joy we are enjoying in suspended mood. At the sunset, light shall leave space for the obscure night to come and veil these lands with darkness. Despite shadows growing larger in fashion and long, there is a fountain of brightness at the heart of the forest that never could be extinguished or made go out. The Lady of Lothlórien dwells in there. As long as her ladyship guides the fate of us all, we may be sure of victory and triumph. Her nobility shall never bow or surrender. In no way would Nenya relinquish its defence of these ways, enchanted and blissful as the sole Rivendell in Middle-earth. Wide and vast territories the Lady has trodden in her eventful life, and in truth she is not of the continent which is said by the Eldar to stand hither. She has seen the Light that was and never shall be. She dwelt during the Day which never would end, amidst the paths of the Angels who prior to Arda things remember; in the domain of the Powers beyond the seas and the roundness of the World which only Elven vessels may defy.

Lothlórien is ready to fight the last war of this age. Green may burn and shields be undone; we shall never permit the Evil to trespass. The hallowed ground of our woods will retain light and the filth of Mordor is to reject. Foolish has been the plan of whom the destruction of our kingdom had in his designs. Naught but his very demise this fell intelligence is going to behold and suffer.''