28. Mär 2024, 13:07 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Earth Hammer  (Gelesen 12418 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: The Earth Hammer
« Antwort #15 am: 21. Jan 2019, 23:22 »
I sense it's time we reinvigorated this topic. Thanks to Tiberius and a couple of comments from ModDB, it seems that the said ultimate spell is once again the talk of the town. The upcoming siege and spell revolution is to pave the way for a renewal of our discussion.

I wholeheartedly agree with the main argument: Dwarves do not bend and control the fury of nature with magic. They're formidable builders of grand cities and mines inside the heart of mountains. Master of colossal engineering. Such monumental machinery thus fits their lore and smithing soul more than anything else.

Besides, I was also thinking about another version of the proposal: what if the summoned hammer were permanent? I mean, as a sort of very offensive building that generates seismic waves once in a while. I know that some might question this, saying that two structures as ultimate (fourth tier) spells are too much, but isn't the very fact of utilising two enormous buildings as final features unique by itself?

We should not even forget that the Twilight Queen's earthquake ability has become an actual concept of ordinary games, as the eponymous spell shall unlock her sublime form without the One Ring. She casts those quakes with sorcery, and that's why there is no instrument needed. Having an ultimate spell that does the same thing would not feel right, methinks.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: 22. Jan 2019, 00:15 »
The upcoming siege and spell revolution is to pave the way for a renewal of our discussion.

That is maybe the most relevant argument - you're working two and a half years on siege patch, but you let Dwarves summon massive earthquake from nowhere.  :P

what if the summoned hammer were permanent? I mean, as a sort of very offensive building that generates seismic waves once in a while. I know that some might question this, saying that two structures as ultimate (fourth tier) spells are too much, but isn't the very fact of utilising two enormous buildings as final features unique by itself?

Why not? You will have defensive building summon and offensive building summon as the ultimate spells. It fits.
And it even fits to Dwarven spellbok:

Lone Tower - Undermine ... in the second row.

... So why not Summon Citatel - Summon Earth Hammer in the fourth row?

Especially when you want to emphasize buildings in the spellbook:
Zitat
On the right branch there is also a building summon to strengthen the significance of buildings and defenses in the dwarven spellbook
source: https://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/news/the-road-to-edain-45-spellbook-of-the-dwarves

If solution would be only temporar (it means pure animation of that building for Earthquake execution), or permanent (building summon as you suggested) ... either way it will be immensely unique and in-game enjoyable cause building (and its animation) is really one of the best in the strategy games.  8-)

« Letzte Änderung: 23. Jan 2019, 20:35 von Tiberius Ogden »

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #17 am: 22. Jan 2019, 12:34 »
I agree with the arguments you've made. The use of the Earth Hammer sounds like a good idea. We'd probably need to decide if the Hammer's cooldown would be the same as the Earthquake, and if it is shorter, whether it would be weaker than the current Earthquake.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #18 am: 23. Jan 2019, 17:23 »
We'd probably need to decide if the Hammer's cooldown would be the same as the Earthquake, and if it is shorter, whether it would be weaker than the current Earthquake.

I dare say that it should be weaker, enabling so a more frequent usage. It quite appears to be more unique in such terms, instead of the usual one-shot blow. The latter option would likely be detrimental (and counter-productive). What's the point of making use of a gigantic machine, if frequency is that scarce?

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: 10. Feb 2019, 18:58 »
What's the point of making use of a gigantic machine, if frequency is that scarce?

Exactly, lesser impact, but long duration (more strokes). It would be nice additon to siege patch by the way, that Dwarves can use for siege not only regular siege weapons, but also great siege machine from the spellbook. :)