[en] The English RPG Forum > RPG Library

Lay of Ingwë: The War of Wrath

<< < (3/3)

Walküre:
CHAPTER XHymn to the Valar

--- Zitat ---100. Fond listener of mine, soon shall we approach the end of this story and henceforth would I be much glad to please thy courtesy with a very last song, which is an old ode to the Powers ruling and commanding our whole fate; it must import me a good deal that this be a just conclusion for a long narration of either glory or desolation, hoping that ancient valour may one day rekindle any tired heart, bent by time and despoiled of honour, for never is it truly late to take up the blade of justice and tread onto the Good's way.

HYMN TO THE VALAR

101. I tell thee first of the swift Nessa, running with her fast deer across the immortal green,
Into our Holy Shire, where aught better never hast thou seen,
Then, the ever-young Vána, bearer of fruits and merry spring,
Lady of wellness, before whom birds soar and sing.

102. In miraculous gardens dwelleth Irmo, soothing any soul with Estë, his beloved wife,
Thence they send joy and to many dreams he giveth life,
Visions of love, peace and bewildering sight,
Renewing the weary and sheltering those in plight.

103. Vairë is apart from pleasures, it may beseem,
Never-ending labour guideth her firm limb,
Ever any deed hitherto befallen will she sew,
Past, present and future during all time's infinite row.

104. Betimes I speak of the buoyant Tulkas, the Gods' finest sword,
Most gallant champion and valiant hero of whom ever we sang a word,
Of the Blessed Realm he hath kept secure the door,
By divine command, seeking in all ages raw battle and just war.

105. 'Tis the proper moment, to talk about the Aratar in lengthy art,
The Mightiest of Arda, whose ranks Oromë is a noble part,
Godly hunter, ruler of greenwood, by thy wonderful steed all continents were trodden,
Through deadly frozen wastes and dark wilderness, blowing the horn of Valinórë, as thou wast bidden.

106. Ere we reach the apex of might, there is Aulë, grandest among smiths,
Often recalled by mortal folks and their heathen myths,
Craftsman, thou madest wonders within the walls of the Sunny Country,
Moulder of ore, iron, stone and pearl, for the betterment of our immortal gentry.

107. Yavanna is his gentle spouse, and of lively nature the very mother,
Her touch woke the ancient lifeless earth, sowing seeds which nought may make wither,
Aman is thankful and gleeful, for abundant groweth thy golden wheat,
And joyous abundance will always render the Evergreen Fields lit.

108. Nienna took dwelling in the westernmost ends of the West, before the forbidden ocean lying yonder,
Lone and far from the jubilation of the Lit Earldom, on the sad shore she is to weep Arda's wounds and forever wander,
Veiled in grey and grief, mourning in sorrow,
Her tears gift wisdom and hope for a brighter morrow.

109. It were ill not to tell of Námo, the solemn judge,
Mandos is his funereal domain, whither head souls, regret and grudge,
Death is but the beginning, though, and pious ones may eventually part from his halls,
Should the spirit overcome resentment, welcomed anew within the Eternal Kingdom and its walls.

110. If thou be'st to ponder about the indomitable seas,
Loud waves, dreadful storms and sweet marine breeze,
Bethink of Ulmo, emperor of the vast blue, worshipped in prayers by all rapid riders of foam,
The depth of the oceans is to him palace, kingdom and secret home.

111. Atop the highest peaks and perpetual whiteness, here lieth of Manwë and Varda the holy seat,
Diamond thrones under the wheeling stars, whence your Angels descend and across all heavens mighty birds gather in the largest fleet,
Snow-white Queen, indeed art thou the sole testimony of the Empyrean and thou, Ancient King of Arda, with mercy beside the Children ever hast lain,
May my fair kind live through the eras of Eä in your company, bathing in the light of your Immaculate Reign.
--- Ende Zitat ---

THE END

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[*] Vorherige Sete

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln