28. Mär 2024, 21:33 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Problem with 3D Modelling  (Gelesen 2545 mal)

The Grey Pilgrim

• Hobbit
Problem with 3D Modelling
« am: 17. Jul 2017, 20:12 »
I have followed all the steps shown to import W3D.big onto the Desktop using FinalBig.exe and opened the file I needed using RenX with the W3D Importer but in both RenX and FinalBig, the models of humanoids are flattened to the ground. Ship models and buildings are unaffected. What am I doing wrong?

Joragon

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
Re: Problem with 3D Modelling
« Antwort #1 am: 17. Jul 2017, 21:45 »
For that you have to understand the system of skeleton based animations, don't worry, it's not very complex.
For every character there is an animationset (a lot of animations and one skeleton). The animations tell the skeleton where which bone has to be moved. The skeleton looks for example like that (without discriptions):

Every vertex point of a model has to be linked to one of these bones of the skeleton if it should be affected from animations. So thats why every vertex point of a 3d model that is not a building is linked to a skeleton bone. If you try to import a 3d model you first have to import the skeleton and then the model. Otherwise the vertex points think the bone is at (0,0,0). Thats why all your vertex points are at (0,0,0).
I hope I could help.