29. Mär 2024, 00:29 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Huorns as a map feature  (Gelesen 4817 mal)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
Huorns as a map feature
« am: 21. Jul 2017, 01:40 »
Hello guys :) I was thinking about the upcoming spellbook of Lorien, in particular the new Huorn spell, then an idea came up to my mind: why not put permantent hourns in the map of Fangorn as a special nature (neutral) feature? They would attack all the players units near them, as wargs, trolls and goblins just do. And if you destroy them they let you some reward, like resouces or something else.
This would make the forest more "alive",realistic and fun to play imo xD

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: Huorns as a map feature
« Antwort #1 am: 21. Jul 2017, 02:10 »
This would probably have been better discussed in the Map Suggestions, but hey. I like the idea, maybe one or two of the Ent creeps could be replaced by a Huorn.
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Jul 2017, 15:13 von Elendils Cousin 3. Grades »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 21. Jul 2017, 02:16 »
Yes, this suggestion had better be posted in the Map Suggestions board. Besides, I agree with it. That forest has always been feared in tales and considered as a dreadful place for pretty much all races, be it Orcs, Men or Dwarves. Elves would probably be more comfortable with the antique soul and dense spiritual force of such an environment, even though I couldn't tell how much they might feel safe.

It's time to prove those tales right ;)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #3 am: 21. Jul 2017, 10:33 »
What a fool guys, I simply didn't see the right board [ugly]. I have still a lot to learn about the forum  :D DieWalküre if you deem it necessary you can shift my suggestion in the right board  :).

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 21. Jul 2017, 15:10 »
Sure. I will split the topic from this thread and move it in the proper space :)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #5 am: 22. Jul 2017, 08:16 »
I agree, this is a nice idea
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #6 am: 22. Jul 2017, 12:35 »
Sounds like an interesting idea. Nonetheless, I believe that a third row spell is far too strong for a map creep.

Isildurs Fluch

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #7 am: 22. Jul 2017, 14:33 »
I´m also in favor of this idea.
In my oppinion Huorns should replace all the Creeps on the map Fangorn, besides a few Ents (2-4). They also could be in the Old-Forrest-map, if it´s still there.
Haven´t played Edain for a while  8-|

If Huorns are to strong as creeps, one could just weaken the creep-Huorns and make them maybe a bit smaller, than the spellbook-Huorns to show that difference...
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Jul 2017, 17:11 von Isildurs Fluch »
Ersatz für die Elchreiter:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,35514.0.html

Berittene Schützen für Imladris:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,35515.0.html

Vielen Dank an CMG für Avatar und Banner...

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #8 am: 22. Jul 2017, 15:05 »
Sounds like an interesting idea. Nonetheless, I believe that a third row spell is far too strong for a map creep.

You unveiled me a secret FG  :D. From the day you announced the new spellbook system, in my mind i always placed Hourns in the second row (with 3 points of cost).
Now that i know Hourns are so powerful to worth the third row, then i would go with a nerfed version crafted for the map, as Isildur said  xD

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #9 am: 22. Jul 2017, 21:50 »
I like this suggestion.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #10 am: 22. Jul 2017, 22:13 »
Huorns have been a quite hideous nightmare for the internal forum for quite a time. I imagine other Beta Testers will relate to that :D

Yes, the spell had to be adjusted, albeit boasting still an impactful effectiveness in the game, as it should be for a feature of this kind. Fashioned on the Watcher in the Water, the very concept was conceived with the precious contribution of a very great friend of mine, who has unfortunately left the forum some time ago, while other attempts to implement Huorns in the past had sunk. Apart from the insight into the very concept, the spell has indeed some prominence in the faction design, given its particular and uniqueness touch. Yet, I agree with coming up with a lesser version, just to fit in the map-based context (if it's possible).

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
« Antwort #11 am: 24. Jul 2017, 10:38 »
From the day you announced the new spellbook system, in my mind i always placed Hourns in the second row (with 3 points of cost).
Now that i know Hourns are so powerful to worth the third row, then i would go with a nerfed version crafted for the map, as Isildur said  xD
I agree with that and your suggestion. I always thought or hoped that Huorns will be second row and stay permanently, they shouldn't be able to destroy whole army's like the watcher by summoning them in enemy's soldier's and be not as strong as the watcher, so they are much weaker and could stay permanently and be in the second row.

Isildurs Fluch

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #12 am: 24. Jul 2017, 11:23 »
I always thought or hoped that Huorns will be second row and stay permanently, they shouldn't be able to destroy whole army's like the watcher by summoning them in enemy's soldier's and be not as strong as the watcher, so they are much weaker and could stay permanently and be in the second row.
I do agree, Huorns should´t be army destroyers, but mainly defenders. As that I would give them very high armour but very slow movement compared to the watcher, the damage could be significant, otherwise the enemy could just ignore them.
Where do you take the idea from, that they aren´t supossed to be permanently?
Either I have missed something or that´s an interpretation of yours...
Ersatz für die Elchreiter:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,35514.0.html

Berittene Schützen für Imladris:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,35515.0.html

Vielen Dank an CMG für Avatar und Banner...

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #13 am: 24. Jul 2017, 16:22 »
In no way are Huorns supposed or able to annihilate entire armies, and they do remain on the map for a fair amount of time (whether they are permanent or not, this I can't recall correctly now). Nevertheless, their strength (and utility) lies in the strategic usage of them that one can make, hampering units' movement or creating quite tough barriers around vital elements which should be protected. It's true that the idea was fashioned on the Watcher spell, but that was mainly a matter of animations and implementation; Huorns are naturally nowhere as dynamic as the Watcher in the Water. By the way, I hope the Misty Mountains will retain that spell. It is very much iconic (the motive of the Moria sequence in the first film!), very much impactful in the game (great graphics) and it refers to the obscure lore of Nameless Creatures.

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
« Antwort #14 am: 24. Jul 2017, 17:08 »
Nevertheless, their strength (and utility) lies in the strategic usage of them that one can make, hampering units' movement or creating quite tough barriers around vital elements which should be protected.
That sounds a bit like spell towers (row 2) or Angmars old wolf lair spell, wich was in the first row.
I don't think that Huorns could be as strong as Radagast or the eagle's, even if they have no time limit. Only a short cooldown could balance them because swordsmen and Spearman should be able to kill them.

Yes, this suggestion had better be posted in the Map Suggestions board.
Now it would fit better into the old board xD