28. Mär 2024, 23:40 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Tauriel in Dol Guldur  (Gelesen 2783 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Tauriel in Dol Guldur
« am: 3. Aug 2017, 13:50 »
Hello and greetings to the attendees of this forum. An issue was recently raised in the German forum and it pertains to the presence of Tauriel in the game. A German user wondered whether Tauriel should be made available in more maps than the current sole possibility: the vanilla map of Mirkwood. Thus the proposal was conceived and forwarded.

I would therefore like to bring the topic here as well. Speaking about the suggestion itself, I spoke against a widespread implementation of Tauriel (as a permanent hero) in the game, lest the will of the forum be completely disregarded. Nevertheless, she is already a character of the game and I have always appreciated some sides of her very characterisation; left aside the love-related theme, her wild portrait, combined with the desire to discover more of the World and with the love for the light of the stars, is a very accurate depiction of most of the woodland Elves of Arda (who could never behold the Eternal Day of Valinórë). In light of these premises, I would personally suggest her be implemented even in Dol Guldur, being the territory part of the eerie Mirkwood and having Mirkwood fought against Sauron in the War of the Ring too. Tauriel is also a resilient warrior that stoutly fights for what she deems right: liberty from tyranny.

Shalt thou speak in favour or against? ;)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
Re: Tauriel in Dol Guldur
« Antwort #1 am: 3. Aug 2017, 14:30 »
I think she fits in Dol Guldur, it's anyway a part of Mirkwood :) I see no reasons to go against this porposal. I'm in favour  ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 3. Aug 2017, 15:04 »
The German forum has hitherto shown appreciation towards the proposal of this topic, which solely focuses on Dol Guldur.

As an additional argument, Dol Guldur is naturally well connected with the whole Hobbit trilogy, on whose spirit the sub-faction of Mirkwood was exactly fashioned. I consider this a valuable aspect equally.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #3 am: 3. Aug 2017, 15:41 »
I don't see any drawbacks to this suggestion, therefore, I'm in favour!

I'd also say Tauriel could be available in the Mirkwood 4 players map, and the Mirkwood map that's missing on 4.4.1 but was on 3.8.1 (I guess that map will come back)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #4 am: 3. Aug 2017, 16:03 »
I'd also say Tauriel could be available in the Mirkwood 4 players map, and the Mirkwood map that's missing on 4.4.1 but was on 3.8.1 (I guess that map will come back)

Agree. In this way the player have more possibilities to recruit her. And all of them are canonic with the primal choice the team made when created Lorien faction: to confine Tauriel in her realm (Thranduil approves  :D :D)

NoldorSithLordsShipwright

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 4. Aug 2017, 07:24 »
I am in favor of this arrangement and would also like Tauriel to be present on all the Mirkwood related maps.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #6 am: 4. Aug 2017, 15:57 »
I don't see any drawbacks to this suggestion, therefore, I'm in favour!

Agreed on that^^

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #7 am: 7. Aug 2017, 22:32 »
Agree! That would be a nice touch! :0

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #8 am: 8. Aug 2017, 15:26 »
Thank you all for your own precious feedback on the matter! I'm very glad you deem Tauriel worthy of carrying on the fight in Dol Guldur as well. And the fact that this topic didn't turn into an occasion to butcher her character further pleases me as well. I don't think she needs more hatred than the one she has already got xD

Just a quick notification: The general response in the German forum was positive equally. Most of them share the opinion that she ought to be made available (permanently) in Dol Guldur.