19. Mär 2024, 05:48 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Age of Empires  (Gelesen 4007 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Age of Empires
« am: 21. Aug 2017, 22:57 »
How could one inaugurate a thread of this kind in such a splendid manner? Yes, it's true and real: the legacy of old is to enlighten again the halls of strategy games, of a renewed and splendid radiance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYwZ6GZXWhA

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Age of Empires
« Antwort #1 am: 22. Aug 2017, 21:14 »
All these years, we have all been played as total fools, for there has always been a scheme behind. An Ilúvatar-like plan to govern the saga and to make it reach the time which is yet to pass. We have failed to perceive that, but now truth has been unearthed from obscurity...

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 26. Aug 2017, 00:13 »
A campaign of the recent DLC for Age of Empires II, featuring and exploring the tragic happenings of the Sack of Rome, which marked the definitive end of the Western Roman Empire, together with the civilisation that until that moment had reigned supreme over the known world. Rome is portrayed via the new faction of the Italians, as it would probably have appeared in the very early Middle Age: a Christian city with the greatest collection of ancient churches within its walls, yet boasting still some elements of its past as the centre of the grand empire. Legendary and eternal, although decay and desolation temper with the glorious atmosphere of the metropolis, resulting in a quite sad ensemble. The end of an era of splendour.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z-EUUn30sF4

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #3 am: 30. Aug 2017, 00:05 »
Walkure, i'm impatience about AoE IV. The trailer does not show so much for now, i hope soon they are gonna show something about the very game  xD xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 30. Aug 2017, 00:22 »
I hope too. I was literally bewitched by this new coming to the game scenario. It was wonderful to know that the past, a very glorious past, has not been forgotten in the annals of honour.

Hitherto, rumours circulating throughout the web are conflicting and not so much explanatory. I heard people state that the new chapter is to explore the colonial wars of the 18th century, which would be kind of lame, in my opinion. On the other side, as I am too convinced, I read that the fourth title shall immerse itself into modernity: thus, from the 19th century to the Cold War. It is pretty much logical and reasonable. Can you imagine seeing both WW1 and WW2 be transposed into Age of Empires? I'm craving further details on the matter.

By the way, to placate my thirst of RTS games of this kind, I admit having already pre-ordered the remastered (HD) version of the first chapter of Age of Empires, which they sell for less than 20€. I have never played this game; it has always been a sort of mystery for me. The second chapter was one of my first games ever. Picturing in my mind a previous chapter, dealing with antiquity from the dawn of mankind, has often been something quite uncanny to think about :P

Ergo: I must absolutely try it, for to antiquity my heart belongs.
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Aug 2017, 00:25 von Walküre »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 2. Sep 2017, 00:00 »

Trapper

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Knappe Rohans
« Antwort #6 am: 4. Sep 2017, 15:10 »
I was pretty amazed to see that they would revive this amazing RTS once more.

AoE 2 ( and the extensions) were outstanding games and pretty big part of my childhood. I didn't personally like the HD version, since I didn't really see the difference and it made me realise that RTS games shouldn't focus on the best graphics but on its strategic and most realistic gameplay.

Currently, I am keeping my expectations as low as possible (although I am hyped), so that a possible destruction of the franchise with AoE 4 won't hit me too hard. :D
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Sep 2017, 15:18 von Trapper »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #7 am: 29. Okt 2017, 22:51 »
It seems that the release of the first HD chapter (overhauled) has been postponed and planned for the early months of next year, contrary to what had been originally stated. Albeit the longing for such an iconic game, I shall wait for the time to be and remit my judgement in the hands of the developers.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #8 am: 28. Jan 2018, 23:53 »
The official release date has finally been announced and we may fully rejoice at the good news :)

http://www.pcgamer.com/age-of-empires-definitive-edition-gets-a-new-release-date/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #9 am: 19. Feb 2018, 16:26 »