[en] Edain Mod > [Edain] Edain Wiki

[New Page Category] Maps

<< < (2/4) > >>

Gandalf7000:
A crazy idea how to label the creep camps: edit each map picture so that where there is a lair on the map you put small round images (like upgrades) of the movie (troll, goblin, warg etc.). This would sound as a lot of work but then it will be clearly visible.

FG15:
That would either be too small to be seen or to big to see anything else.
What about seperating the map in areas and just listing the creeps for each area?

Julio229:
Great idea, Necro! I'll try to get something done as soon as I have time.

The_Necromancer0:
Those sound both like great suggestion so I wanna try them both. I first took a modified version of Gandalf's suggestion and instead of using symbols (cause I couldn't find any symbols) I used numbers instead. You can have a look here: http://edain.wikia.com/wiki/Ford_of_Isen_II#View_of_the_Map

The only dilemma I had was which of the three ways of numbering I thought of should using, which I'll try to explain the best I can below:

Numbering Way 1
The first way is to have the number follow one another on the map (as it is currently), this makes it easier to find the lairs since user immediately know where approximately to look. But would make the list under the map quite fragmented.

Numbering Way 2
The second way is to label the lairs by type, so warg lairs on this map will all be numbered one, wildmen lairs will all be numbered two, ect... This makes the list much shorter but can make the differentiating of lairs on the map complicated, since they can no longer be referred by individual numbers.

Numbering Way 3
The third way is to have the lairs be part of a range of numbers, so let's say all wildmen lair will be numbered 1-6,all warg lairs 7-10 and all cave troll lairs 11&12. This would make the bottom list more organized but would create a certain discontinuity in the way the map is numbered with number placement seeming to have no logic.

Once we've gathered a bit of feedback on this, I'll try FG's suggestion and split the map in 4 and label the lairs on that, I just need to think a bit more about it.

P.S. @FG15 Ill news is an ill guest but sadly Wikia (the company that hosts all the wikis) has discontinued the map system which means the Edain Companion census and the Map of Maps you created have both been lost... again.  :( I'm looking into alternative solution at the moment.

Fredius:
I think using unique colours for each lair type would be good. For example, the Goblin lairs get a grey colour, and you can put dots with that colour on the image of the map to indicate that the player can find Goblin lairs at those spots. In the description you can just write:

Grey = Goblin Lair
Red = Orc Lair
Orange = Wildmen Lair

That way players don't need to search for each specific number on the map, and you can keep the list short as well xD!

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

[*] Vorherige Sete

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln