28. Mär 2024, 12:56 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Doorstep of Barad-Dur  (Gelesen 2924 mal)

Isaac632

• Thain des Auenlandes
Doorstep of Barad-Dur
« am: 30. Sep 2017, 16:51 »
This dark wasteland of a map is for four players, one of them starting out in control of Barad-Dur, a large fortress that houses the Eye of Sauron. The player who starts out in Barad-Dur has full vision of the entire map, thanks to the Lidless Eye, while the line of sight of the rest of the players' units and buildings are halved because of the fear and evil that radiates from the tower like an aura of malice.

The best feature here will be that Barad-Dur functions as it's player's citadel. Thus, once the controlling player's Barad-Dur citadel is destroyed, the tower has an animation of the whole tower collapsing, and the Eye of Sauron imploding in on itself. The shockwave will knock down every unit across the whole map.

Lord Thirisdir

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Doorstep of Barad-Dur
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Okt 2017, 00:30 »
Hi,
So awsome idea again The Vision sumps it up really and well if there would be added more and would be more detailed it would maybe be actually possible but i dont know about the animation thing if that`s even possible but well awsoem idea

Greetings,
Thir

Isaac632

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Okt 2017, 00:35 »
Well... maybe the tower collapsing animation doesn't have to be that detailed. Just enough to resemble how it collapsed in the film, with the eye imploding and everything. The more important feature I'd say is the manipulation of players' lines of sight.

Lord Thirisdir

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 1. Okt 2017, 00:42 »
Yes youre right,
i dont know if an completly new animation is possible yet again i dont know shit about mapping and scripting but still nice idea :D

Isaac632

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #4 am: 1. Okt 2017, 00:45 »
Well, it shouldn't be that hard for an expert, the likes of which make up the actual Edain Team. It will just take time--time that we should be willing to wait for if it means we get to experience such amazing results, the likes of which EA couldn't pull off.

Franchises and companies and their fans sort of work like that. Where the company or franchise drops the ball, the fans and customers pick it up.

Lord Thirisdir

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 1. Okt 2017, 00:46 »
You are completly right i agree

Darkayah

• Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • The old blood will unite them, but destroy all
« Antwort #6 am: 3. Okt 2017, 11:06 »
Do you Know the Barad-Dûr Map?!
The Map was made By Facecut42 and converted by a german member Mornen2!

Thread to the converted Maps of Mornen2 (german Thread)
Downloadlink: Barad-Dûr
Grüße Darkayah

Of old blood, magic, fire and darkness!
The old blood will unite them all, but causes the  world to be destroyed!
-Prophecy of Valarya

Lust auf eine alternative Mittelerde Geschichte und dazu ein RPG? ?
Der Thron von Mittelerde

Lord Thirisdir

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 12. Okt 2017, 22:06 »
Darkness i Randomly played this map today and it was awsome i dont know how he managed to actually Build an Barad dur So detailed but awsome map :)