28. Mär 2024, 23:09 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Isengard, and the Orthanc Tower  (Gelesen 2476 mal)

Isaac632

• Thain des Auenlandes
Isengard, and the Orthanc Tower
« am: 30. Sep 2017, 16:53 »
This is a five player map, and while the rest of the palayers start out in camps, one of the players starts out in the middle of the map, within Isengard, in control of the Orthanc Tower and the impregnable walls surrounding it. While the player in the middle fortress can pick any faction, an Isengard player can house Saruman atop the Orthanc, which functions as a beefed-up wizard tower that grants Saruman's tower abilities dramatically increased range and area-of-effect.

The ring or walls surrounding the Orthanc Tower don't have any build plots, so they cannot be fitted with defenses. However, both the ring of walls and the tower itself are super tough with a high armor rating and enormous health pools. The ring of walls can be platforms for ballistae and other soldiers to stand on, and the Tower of Orthanc can also activate an ability called “Forge Bellows,” which ignites everything around the tower in flames, much like they did in the book. The ring of walls also has only one gate, being the entrance and exit.

There is a massive river dam on the edge of the map that lies undefended. If a player should destroy that dam, the massive flood will be enough to destroy Isengard's walls and smother the units within to heavily damage both their units and buildings.

Lord Thirisdir

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Isengard, and the Orthanc Tower
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Okt 2017, 00:27 »
Ok Ike its me Youre Friend Thir Hi

So i really like youre idea and it would be nice to have such an awsome Isengard map The Abilitie of Orthanc i cant imagine it cna be made that easily But i dont know much about mapping soo yea still awsome idea and i wish this idea would become and Actuall map

See ya
Thir

Isaac632

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Okt 2017, 00:32 »
The walls, tower, and river dam could be done. I do remember having an Isengard map where there was a lot of detail and work put into the aesthetics of the Orthanc, the depleted lands around it, the wall, the dam, and a bunch of extra "orc townsfolk" in there. Even some tunnels and sinkholes! So, when I think of how Saruman turned on the furnaces in the book, I imagine that those sinkholes erupt with flames for a brief moment--it should function as sort of a "boiling oil" mechanic to fend off huge forces that breach the wall. It might take a lot of work, but it could be done, I believe.

Lord Thirisdir

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 1. Okt 2017, 00:40 »
Ok yea i asked Fredius he said its possibel :D

Isaac632

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #4 am: 1. Okt 2017, 00:43 »
The biggest and wildest of dreams are the beginning of innovation and creative design. I vow to contribute some of mine to the Edain Project in any way I can.