29. Mär 2024, 00:25 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Combat Hotkeys  (Gelesen 3375 mal)

Aranruth

• Bilbos Festgast
Combat Hotkeys
« am: 6. Okt 2017, 17:37 »
Hi all, I want to know if its possible for the Edain team to add hotkeys to increase the strategic options available to the player, or if this is simply hardwired into the game.

For example, I used to play Age of Empires, and one feature I loved was that you could select a battalion and while pressing a hotkey("D") I think, you could click another unit or building. This made it so the battalion would defend that specific unit. So, in game, you could select a batt of pikes to stand by a specific hero and follow that hero around, or setup some pikes to stand by archers and immediately attack any approaching units.

Any insights you could give would be helpful. I'm still working on my micro game, so it might be that I just need to work on using the existing stances and such.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: Combat Hotkeys
« Antwort #1 am: 6. Okt 2017, 18:06 »
Are you talking about hotkeys in general or that particular option? :P

Edain has improved a lot on hotkeys imo; units, heroes and buildings all follow the same pattern. The hotkeys start with Y (or Z, depending on your keyboard... I guess?) and then just continue to the right. That includes formations, Upgrades, abilities... it's all quite simple and can improve your reaction time a lot if you get used to it.
Some other shortcuts are:
Q - select all units
O - select all heroes
E (once) - select all of the selected unit on your screen
E (double tap) - select all of the selected unit globally
Etc.

As for your suggestion, I doubt that's possible. But I wouldn't like it anyway, becaause positioning your pikes correctly is one of the most important aspects of your micro, and your option would remove a good portion of that. Just keep practicing and you will automatically improve. ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Okt 2017, 18:38 von Elendils Cousin 3. Grades »

EpicTslayer

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 15. Jan 2018, 22:13 »
Hey, thanks Elendil for reminding me about the E-hotkeys!

Captain Jin

• Bilbos Festgast
  • By the blood of our people is your land kept safe.
« Antwort #3 am: 7. Mär 2018, 16:21 »
Anyone know what the hotkey now is for the "spread out" command? In BFME2/ROTWK it was x, but that's now for an upgrade.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #4 am: 7. Mär 2018, 16:26 »
Should be w. Otherwise r.
We wanted all hotkeys to be available with the left hand and be organized in some way.
Q,w,e,r - Selecting and spread
a,s,d,f,g - movement and stances
y,x,c,v,b all the commandbuttons.
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Mär 2018, 18:13 von Gnomi »

Mogat

• LPS-Sieger
  • Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #5 am: 7. Mär 2018, 17:43 »
It is „r“

Cogito, ergo sum