28. Mär 2024, 23:55 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Changing values in the _gamedata.inc file doesn't seem to effect anything  (Gelesen 3487 mal)

RagingRemo

• Bilbos Festgast
So I tried to change some data in the _gamedata.inc file, like for example: the cost of a Gondor soldier from 200 to 100, but that didn't do anything and I don't know why.

This is what I am doing in detail, please correct me if I am doing something wrong:

Within the shortcut on my desktop I changed the goal to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod "C:\Users\remo\Desktop\Edain Modding\Mod".

The "mod" is thus located in C:\Users\remo\Desktop\Edain Modding\Mod.

Then I changed the text in file C:\Users\remod\Desktop\Edain Modding\Mod\___edain_data.big\data\ini\_gamedata.inc:

;------------------------SOLDIER

#define GONDOR_SOLDIER_BUILDCOST                    100 ;previously 200, for testing perpose
#define GONDOR_SOLDIER_BUILDTIME                     20
#define GONDOR_SOLDIER_HEALTH                       400
#define GONDOR_SOLDIER_HEALTH_DA MAGED               200
#define GONDOR_SOLDIER_HEALTH_RE COVERY_TIME       10000

This is the only thing I changed, but ingame it didn't do anything. (The game didn't crash though.)

I read something on the internet about the _gamedata.inc in the installation folder having more priorities than the modded file.

Can someone please explain why this didn't work?

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
Let's see if I understood well: did you create a copy of your edain_data.big file or did you change the existing one?
In case you created a copy, is it alphabetically placed before or after the original file? Because if it's placed after, the game will ignore your file

No1Gamer

• Gastwirt zu Bree
I suggest leave the shotcut path alone and create your own .big file. you name the big file something like ______zmymod (to make sure it is loaded last). in this big file you then place all your edited ini and inc files (the path must be right ofc). in your example the file path of your gamedata.inc in the big file would be:

this file goes into where all the other edain files are and you are ready to go. and if you want to deactivate your mod simply remove this file. best way if you want to mod IMO  :)
And remember, respect is everything!

RagingRemo

• Bilbos Festgast
First of all, thank you for your awnser.

I suggest leave the shotcut path alone and create your own .big file. you name the big file something like ______zmymod (to make sure it is loaded last). in this big file you then place all your edited ini and inc files (the path must be right ofc). in your example the file path of your gamedata.inc in the big file would be:

this file goes into where all the other edain files are and you are ready to go. and if you want to deactivate your mod simply remove this file. best way if you want to mod IMO  :)

But when I name the file _____zmymod.big it wont be read last, because of the "_____" it will be on top, right? And will the data from _gamedata.inc in the main folder be overwritten by my .big mod file when the modded file is the last one?

Also does the game know what data it needs to pull, and where it is located? So do I have to give the game a location to search for the _____zmymod.big file?

And my final question: When I want this mod to work on multiplayer, Is it that the only thing I need to do is give this file to my friend, or is there something else I must do?

Thanks in advance.
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Okt 2017, 18:43 von RagingRemo »

No1Gamer

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Zitat
But when I name the file _____zmymod.big it wont be read last, because of the "_____" it will be on top, right? And will the data from _gamedata.inc in the main folder be overwritten by my .big mod file when the modded file is the last one?

No, the "_______" characters are there because thats what will make the game read it last. And every file that is in the big that is loaded last (i.e. my example) will overright the original SUM2 files and the original edain mod files.

Zitat
Also does the game know what data it needs to pull, and where it is located? So do I have to give the game a location to search for the _____zmymod.big file?

If the paths are correct then the game will know from where to pull the data ^^. The easiest method is to extract all the ini and inc files from the base game or mod (depending on what base you wanna mod) into a new folder (dont place this folder in the game directory! put it somewhere else like your desktop or something). this way the needed paths of the files are created correctly and you only have to drag&drop the modded files into the big (they must always start with data\... tho like in my example)

How to do this: Open desired big file you want to extract i.e. __edain_data. Then click edit -> extract all. then choose the destination and press ok and done. now all you have to do is mod your files you want in the newly created folders. when you are done drag&drop the modded files into your new big file (in my example the _____update.big). in the prompt message you press yes (you want to activate edit mode). then you should see something like this:

now you only have to shorten the path so that it starts with data\... then press ok. now your modded file is in your new big file and with the correct path.

when your modded big file is ready drop it in the main directory of your game (where you installed rise of the lich king. all the other edain files are located there too).

Zitat
And my final question: When I want this mod to work on multiplayer, Is it that the only thing I need to do is give this file to my friend, or is there something else I must do?

yes that is correct your friend only needs your modded file. this is another beauty to this way of modding  :) . You only have to make sure that your friend has the same game and mod version like you but i think that is to be expected  ;).
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Okt 2017, 19:40 von No1Gamer »
And remember, respect is everything!